Does your hair hate oils? Does your hair love oils? Reviews from both sides needed

How does your hair react to oils?

• hair hates cold oils, but loves hot oil treatments

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • hair hates cold oils alone, but loves them mixed with another substance

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • hair LOVES oils...hot or cold it makes no difference

Votes: 59 59.0%
  • OIL IS A MOISTURIZER!!!!!

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • My hair doesn't like hot oil treatments, but likes cold oils

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • My hair HATES oils period

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LynnieB

Re: Does your hair hate oils? Does your hair love oils? Reviews from both sides neede

my hair and scalp loves oils especially prepoos.

i use small amounts of oil like every other day to every couple days on entire length and everyday on my ends. i always spritz my hair with elasta qp H20 before applying my oils.

have lots of 'em laying around but i don't use all of them routinely.

wgo
sweet almond
jojoba
avocado
unrefined coconut
macademia nut
carrot (don't really like this one much)
EVOO
kemi
castor and,
Wonder 8 oil (cause i love the smell!)

shiningstar84

Re: Does your hair hate oils? Does your hair love oils? Reviews from both sides neede

You can get coconut oil at Whole Foods. I have no idea where to purchase jojoba though

nadz

shiningstar84 said:
You can get coconut oil at Whole Foods. I have no idea where to purchase jojoba though
You can get jojoba oil at WF too.

AtlantaJJ

2cute2B4gotten said:
Where can i find coconut or jojoba oil? After seeing great reviews, I would like to try them.

Check out my Clicky link and you will get the same oils that whole foods have for almost half the price delivered to your door. Their prices are crazy!! This site has these products.

Last edited:

Honi

There is no board.
My hair loves oils but they have to be mixed for my hair to like them. My hair doesn't do well with oils alone....except maybe jojoba oil which I can't rememeber if it liked or not :lol: but I do remember a nice feeling I got with it.

My daughters natural hair hates oils alone on wet or dry. Hers only responds to butters mixed with oils on moistened hair only.

Last edited:
texasqt said:
The jury is still out on whether or not oils are moisturizing but my Ije oil does a good job of it to me. Water or anything wet doesn't do my hair right at all. The Ije makes my hair smooth and soft. I use it at night and its absorbed by morning. Next to that I would rank Hot Six.

Hot oil treatments - used once, didn't like, don't think I'll do it again.

WGO I use after washing and its good to but a bit greasy. I think its more of a sealant.

I'm still trying to figure out what's what too so I'll be watching this thread closely.

See I'm right there with you. I'm not sure what's what. I do like the coconut oil but I absolutely can't do hot oil treatments, my hair feels so yucky afterwards.

peacelove

I don't care for oils except Carrot Oil from Hollywood. And sometimes I use WGO on my scalp and ends. I find that hot oil treatments don't do much for me at all either. My hair does better with very little oil.

Synthia

CoCoGirl821 said:
EMU oil is great. I used to use it when my hair was natural, but it is not easy to find; I purchased it online. My scalp loves oil though! My scalp is kinda on the dry side, oiling my scalp has helped with the dryness. Not sure about the whole sealing process. I have been experimenting with pre-pooing with EVOO and some other products, and its has been working wonderfully. I would like to try coconut oil but not sure where to purchase it.

I am in love with Emu oil.

Treasure2k6

My hair likes WGO and Natural Shea butter applied when warm. These are they only types of mosturizers I can use that my hair actually "takes" too. I've tried other things like, Evoo, Proclaim Mixed oils....and they seem to have my hair feeling like a dry brillo pad the next morning. Since I am fairly new, I havent experimented with a whole lot.

My eyes will be lurking this threads for the "ya's and na's" of oils.