Does your hair grow faster in the winter?

jamaicalovely

I wonder if I'm the only one. My hair definitely grows faster in the winter. I can't figure it out. I studied my hair growth photos and noticed hair is slow in the summer, but get a boost in growth between October and December. I'm going to verify this year.

Anyone else has hair that grows faster in the winter?

lizzyb168

My hair grows faster in the winter. from september to november is my prime growing time and i get loads of growth til around march.
In the summer my hair grows slow and sheds like a dog.

IDK why its faster in the winter. maybe my hair likes my winter regimen better. more dcs and heavy oils.

bauderlady

Hey Girl, not too sure if I am faster in the winter, but I relaxed about 3 weeks ago and I already have a head of waves and that is faster then normal for me. Usually I will start to feel some waves coming in around week 4-4.5. so it's good and scary all at the same time.lol!!!!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

My hair normally grows quicker in the summer and shed more in the winter, but last Thursday I already noticed plenty of NG. Plus my shedding has decreased to what is normal or less than normal shedding. I think the scalp massages with cinnamon oil and JBCO are the cause though.

faithVA

I don't know either. But I sure hope so. It would be great to have a growth spurt this winter so I can bun in the spring and just be hair wild in the summer.

D.Lisha

Honestly idk (since this is my first winter)
For now im just experiencing some heavy shedding :nono: *sigh*
Alter Ego is going to become a good friend of mine this winter

ladyfay

My hair grows fast in the winter and summer. My mom seems to think it could be because I was born in the winter, therefore the body recognizes that.

dlewis

Mine grows faster in the winter months. I'm expecting at least 3" by the end of the year. I don't plan the cut until after Christmas.

gadgetdiva

Well I was just looking at my pics that I have in Fotki tracking my growth since 2008...its hard to tell. I know when my high shed time is OMG August and September....my goodness. I'm thinking my most significant growth is acheived during Fall, Winter & Spring.

FebeeSigns

I don't really think my hair hair grows faster during a certain season. I believe our hair growth phases stop at a certain time and continue at a later time, which makes people believe they've had some kind of phenomenal growth spurt during a certain time/season.

Desert Skye

For me, I dont think my hair neccessarily grows faster, but its in better condition. The sole reason is because I am actually willing to d/c with heat and my hair loves it. During the summer I just shampoo and do a quick conditioner because its to darn hot. I love to d/c under the dryer when its cooler. And now I am going to get my steamer soon:lick:

makeupgirl

I wish my hair grew faster in wintertime weather. I say that because with my hair if it's cold, then the growth is slower. I lived in CA when I cut my hair in a pixie in November and then by Sept the following year, my hair was full shoulder length. Here in VA, my hair grew like crazy in the summer and anytime it was hot.

taj

You're not alone jamaicalovely! My hair grows faster during the fall/winter also!! The summer months are shorter so we have an advantage. lol!

Qurlyqt

Some people have summer growth spurts, others during the winter. Unfortunately, I don't fall in either category. My hair grows pretty slow every season.