Does Jet Black Hair Look Good On You?

drappedup

I naturally have jet black hair and I am very yellow toned. I don't think it makes me look harsh at all. I actually like the major contrast between my skin tone and hair color.

I've never dyed my hair, but I am seriously considering dying it just for a change. Maybe a honey brown or reddish brown. But I am scared I not be able to get my original jet blackness back. I honestly don't know much about hair dying, but I have heard others say it's hard to get your natural color back. Idk how true that is or if that only applies to lighter colors.

vevster

I naturally have jet black hair and I am very yellow toned. I don't think it makes me look harsh at all. I actually like the major contrast between my skin tone and hair color. I've never dyed my hair, but I am seriously considering dying it just for a change. Maybe a honey brown or reddish brown. But I am scared I not be able to get my original jet blackness back. I honestly don't know much about hair dying, but I have heard others say it's hard to get your natural color back. Idk how true that is or if that only applies to lighter colors.
you may be a light olive?

Mane Event

My natural hair color is black. I hated it when I was younger but learned to embrace it over the years.

This might sound extremely odd but I HATE #1 weaves on me. I usually go 1b or 2 (and I stay PS' ing) but im okay with wearing my #1 natural hair.

I think a #1 weave looks ultra witchy/ phony on me but when it's my own, y'all can't tell me shyt :lol:

ETA: I have cool undertones

ForumRunner_20141012_225709.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141012_225733.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141012_225733.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

yodie

Does anyone have a side by side of jet black versus blue black?
I have red undertones. My hair is a dull, ashy brown. Hate it.

Country gal

Thanks Yodie and oneshinyface. The blue black is supposely blacker than jet black. I can see the blue a little in sunlight or light. I thought it would be too much but I like it.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
i added some brown extensions to the end of my dreads and i HATED IT. this thread motivated me dye the ends black.

anyway, during the dying process i got some dye on the side of my face and didn't think anything of it. i assumed it would come off in the shower.

NOT!

the hair on the side of my face was dyed super jet blue black. it looked like i had one wolverine sideburn.:nono: i had to get a razor blade and shave the entire right side of my face. and there is still a faint mark there. smh.

winterinatl

All natural!
My hair is off black and looks dull....

I'm thinking about a deep brown- chocolate brown color.
I looooved my deep brown rinse I had in college. My hair looked so pretty...I think I might get it again now that we are talking about this.

the black, I was told, washed me out.