Does Jet Black Hair Look Good On You?

chocolate01

My natural color is jet black so yes. My cousin who I grew up with has asked me on several occasions if I dye my hair lol

spacetygrss

Another olive-green undertoned lady with naturally jet-black hair. It looks great on me. I got it from my Granny.

ShiShiPooPoo

I dye mine coal black. I love it because it looks like Indian hair (as in the country).my hair is in a super short pixie.

Ann0804

I think I do and I love those deep dark jet blacks, blue blacks. Others have told me it's too dark. It does make my skin look really pale, ghostly, but I just love the color.

My natural hair color is a reddish brown. The shade that most folks i know have.

girlonfire

No maam. It looks great on other people. I don't think I have the right undetone or something bc I just look odd with jet black hair (wigs). Like morticia or something scary like that.

CaraWalker

i remember i wore a black weave once. it was cool. i think id be alright with jet black hair. but ill probably never dye my hair... too much work. and now my weaves are virgin so theyre usually brown.

Lilmama1011

See that's why I didn't want my hair dyed black because it will make me look pale. But black healthy hair gives an awesome shine. I just so happen to use henna that made my hair black for some reason and I love the color

LoveLiLi

I wish black or blue black looked good on me. It looks so glossy when other people wear it but I've tried it a couple of times and I looked like Elvira.

I have yellow undertones and it's not flattering on me at all but people with olive skin tones look beautiful with black hair.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Britt, :lol: Of course you would say that, with your pretty black hair! Explain to me how it looks so nice on you, but too dark on me. I don't get it, aren't we around the same color? :confused:

I think it has to do with the undertones. Two people can be the same shade but one can be more yellow and the other one more reddish etc.

If you look good in black clothes, you'll probably look good in black hair too.

Many black people are golden/warm toned and that sort of clashes with jet black.

Britt

@Britt, :lol: Of course you would say that, with your pretty black hair! Explain to me how it looks so nice on you, but too dark on me. I don't get it, aren't we around the same color? :confused:

Honey Bee lol! Thank you!!!! My natural hair color is damn near jet black so it works. Are you sure it doesn't look good on you?

bluediamond0829

Nope doesn't look good on me. My Mom hates it even when I do weaves even when I don't think they are took dark she does. I have more of a yellow undertone. I will stick with browns or highlights.

Honey Bee

@Honey Bee lol! Thank you!!!! My natural hair color is damn near jet black so it works. Are you sure it doesn't look good on you?
My natural color is that ashy brown color :ohwell:, but I get pretty highlights in the summer. I used to do a black rinse in the fall, but I fell off. Then, I was trying on a wig at the bss, and the women who worked there were like, That's too dark for you! :perplexed So, to answer your question, I don't even know no more. :nono:

I henna'ed for a while and it came out really pretty (see burgundy color in avvy) but not since I started transitioning. I'm getting greys, so I thought I might want to dye at some point. Decisions, decisions.

Britt

My natural color is that ashy brown color :ohwell:, but I get pretty highlights in the summer. I used to do a black rinse in the fall, but I fell off. Then, I was trying on a wig at the bss, and the women who worked there were like, That's too dark for you! :perplexed So, to answer your question, I don't even know no more. :nono:

I henna'ed for a while and it came out really pretty (see burgundy color in avvy) but not since I started transitioning. I'm getting greys, so I thought I might want to dye at some point. Decisions, decisions.

Me too... I have a few grays in the front and I'm not sure what I want to color my hair, either a dark brown or a rich black... either way, the grays will eventually have to be colored w/o a doubt.

Honey Bee

Me too... I have a few grays in the front and I'm not sure what I want to color my hair, either a dark brown or a rich black... either way, the grays will eventually have to be colored w/o a doubt.
I'm at a point where I don't even care anymore. That's bad, I guess, but I feel like, hey, all my other stuff is on point, I just lost a bunch of weight, I can't be bothered by a few grays. :kiss3: :lol:

Sosa

Maybe I can highlight the jet black with something to make it work for my yellow/orange undertone?

BronzeVenus

Pretty, Mean SIster
I just dyed my hair jet black today. I'm caramel-colored (Halle Berry/Beyonce) and I think it looks nice. Not witchy at all.

Iwanthealthyhair67

no, it always made me look old and now that I am 'older' it makes me look like I'm trying to conceal my grays, which I am...so I henna and get nice red highlights.