Does it ever seem your hair sheds (sp?) so much, when shampooing?

BronxMyth

But when I dry my hair, it's the same thickness and volume. Just wondering. Looks like more than the normal 50-100 hairs per day.

gadgetdiva

Yes I do most of my shedding when manipulating it while wet whether shampooing or conditioning. It scared me so I started counting it and its like 10-20 hairs while its wet sometimes more and sometimes no shed at all but not that often.

LushLox

I don't worry about it too much, I section the hair and get rid of any shedding and gently detangle, by the time I wash the hair there isn't any hair loss really.

BronxMyth

I don't worry about it too much, I section the hair and get rid of any shedding and gently detangle, by the time I wash the hair there isn't any hair loss really.

I do too. Before it's wet, there's only a few sheds. But when wet, I see mini clumps of hair when untangling.

Your Cheeziness

I don't think you can yank hair out at the roots by shampooing. The hair was probably caught up in there and the shampoo loosened it and it slid on out. I wouldn't worry about it.

BoaterGirlKim

Only if I haven't been keeping up with my weekly to twice weekly DC reggies - sulfate free poo then Motions Silk Protein overnight DC, or overnight prepoo of LeKair Cholesterol Plus mixed w/ EVOO (which I consider a DC) followed by CON Kiwi poo and Kenra MC condish. I V05 cowash during the rest of the week or sometimes just straight poo and condish with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, but if I go too long doing those things without DCing, shed city.

EllePixie

This is how much hair I lost last time I detangled...and when I finger comb in the shower everyday I'll lose like 5-10 hairs. I think it's normal though?

Jetblackhair

This is me! My hair sheds more when it's wet. I don't understand this because it doesn't matter if I detangled and braided my hair before washing. I still get a large amount of shedding while wet. After my wash & condition, after undoing my braids, once I put in my leave in and comb through, my hair will continue to shed. For this reason I do my comb through first (I've already squeezed the excess water out) and then apply my leave in & oil. To me my hair is thinner, my braids are skinny, not full like they used to be.

BronxMyth

This is me! My hair sheds more when it's wet. I don't understand this because it doesn't matter if I detangled and braided my hair before washing. I still get a large amount of shedding while wet. After my wash & condition, after undoing my braids, once I put in my leave in and comb through, my hair will continue to shed. For this reason I do my comb through first (I've already squeezed the excess water out) and then apply my leave in & oil. To me my hair is thinner, my braids are skinny, not full like they used to be.

I guess you can track your shedding, like Elle Pixie did. But if you feel your hair is thinner, please see a dermatologist. A lot of people here swear by garlic conditioners (Alter Ego) and supplements.

EllePixie

I guess you can track your shedding, like Elle Pixie did. But if you feel your hair is thinner, please see a dermatologist. A lot of people here swear by garlic conditioners (Alter Ego) and supplements.

Yep yep - I definitely take garlic pills.