DOES HAVING TO PM SOMEONE FOR THEIR PASSWORD MAKE YOU NOT EVEN BOTHER? DO YOU PM OR..

Bmack

say the hell with it.

I notice that a few people have locks on their fotkis/Hair sites or what ever they use to track their hairs progress. They ask that you PM them for the password. I was wondering if this was a way to track who was looking at their hair sites...because sometimes folks do not bother to leave comments.:lol:

Anyway, do you actually go through the trouble of PMing someone or say "to hell with it " what ever they are doing... it is working, and just keep it moving to an unlocked fotki :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Hil84figer

Re: DOES HAVING TO PM SOMEONE FOR THEIR PASSWORD MAKE YOU NOT EVEN BOTHER? DO YOU PM

Bmack said:
say the hell with it.

I notice that a few people have locks on their fotkis/Hair sites or what ever they use to track their hairs progress. They ask that you PM them for the password. I was wondering if this was a way to track who was looking at their hair sites...because sometimes folks do not bother to leave comments.:lol:

Anyway, do you actually go through the trouble of PMing someone or say "to hell with it " what ever they are doing... it is working, and just keep it moving to an unlocked fotki :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

That's me alright. If the password in their profile doesn't work, I keep it moving.

Keen

Re: DOES HAVING TO PM SOMEONE FOR THEIR PASSWORD MAKE YOU NOT EVEN BOTHER? DO YOU PM

Bmack said:
say the hell with it.

I think some of the ladies started doing that because people were leaving unpleasant comments on fotki. By having to ask for it, that deters the people who leave bad comments (just to be mean and hurtful) from doing so.

Personally, If I have to PM someone to ask for a password, I just don't bother. There are plenty of other ladies with albums of my similar hair type that I can look at.

alexstin

Keen said:
I think some of the ladies started doing that because people were leaving unpleasant comments on fotki. By having to ask for it, that deters the people who leave bad comments (just to be mean and hurtful) from doing so.

Personally, If I have to PM someone to ask for a password, I just don't bother. There are plenty of other ladies with albums of my similar hair type that I can look at.

I totally agree.:)

Miss*Tress

I usually don't bother - I may have PMed about four people since joining the board.

Aubergold

I think the only person i've EVER pmed for their password is sistaslick. So if your hair ain't bout it bout it, I prolly won't ask, lol

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL

Sistaslick said:
Depends on the person. If it's "must see" hair, then I'm there.

:yep: I've only pm'd one other person besides you for that same reason. I had to see that gorgeous hair.

shunta

RavenIvygurl said:
I think the only person i've EVER pmed for their password is sistaslick. So if your hair ain't bout it bout it, I prolly won't ask, lol

Same here. I pmed Sista because I just had to take a look at those different kinds of buns, but other than that, she was the only one.

Tee

I normally don't bother if I have to PM for the password. But if the hair is drop dead gorgeous and I feel I can learn some tips and tricks, I will take the extra time to PM that person. I have only done that once and it was CincySweetie. It was worth the PM!

newflowers

I will PM someone to ask for a password. I am searching for a fotki or photojournal of hair growth from very short to very long - no success yet - but I wish to see the entire journey as I am starting from scratch.

What almost bugs me - not quite, but almost - is when you Pm someone for their passward and they do not respond. :confused: Why tell others to PM you for the password if you're not going to send it?

RainbowCurls

I usually don't bother as I just assume they won't respond to my PM.

MzOptimistic

newflowers said:
I will PM someone to ask for a password. I am searching for a fotki or photojournal of hair growth from very short to very long - no success yet - but I wish to see the entire journey as I am starting from scratch.

What almost bugs me - not quite, but almost - is when you Pm someone for their passward and they do not respond. :confused: Why tell others to PM you for the password if you're not going to send it?

Have you seen anky's album, her hair was really short and it's midback or past now. Anyway, yah I hate when I did pm someone for their pw and they never answered or it took them like 2 weeks to reply. When I USE to pm for passwords I wanted to see their hair right then by the time I got the pw, I was no longer interested. I have not pm'd anyone in a looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time requesting their pw and will not unless I just really, really, really, really, want to see their hair:)

seraphinelle

I don't bother PM-ing either.

I think sistaslick is the only person I have PM'd.

I'm just too lazy..

I'm disappointed though, when i see someone leave a comment on another fotki I'm looking at, and I want to check out their hair. I don't know what board they're on, or whatnot.

kinda sucks

e$h

SweetCaramel1 said:
sometimes i pm it just depends on what mood i'm in and how much time i have

DITTO! It really depends on how I'm feeling that day:perplexed

alwayzalady22

i say to hell with all that...i don't have a fotki, i don't leave any comments on other people's fotkis, usually i just look at fotkis to see comparison pictures of growth over different periods of time...the women with the hair that i most admire aren't stingy with advice or regimens, so i just pay more attention to their thread replies if i need help with that...plus, my favorite thread of all time is that one that so1913 started where people show drastic comparison pics, so if i need the extra motivation, i go look at that :) i understand the reasoning behind the extra security, but its too easy to find similar information/how-to's in threads or unlocked fotkis...just my .02

fallback

RavenIvygurl said:

Ditto....I usually don't bother if I have to PM;)

newflowers

tsmith said:
Have you seen anky's album, her hair was really short and it's midback or past now. Anyway, yah I hate when I did pm someone for their pw and they never answered or it took them like 2 weeks to reply. :)

thanks - i'll scope that out

ETA: darn - she's closed for construction - bummer.

Last edited:

cneal

nope, i don't bother.

Bmack

alwayzalady22 said:
i say to hell with all that...i don't have a fotki, i don't leave any comments on other people's fotkis, usually i just look at fotkis to see comparison pictures of growth over different periods of time...the women with the hair that i most admire aren't stingy with advice or regimens, so i just pay more attention to their thread replies if i need help with that...plus, my favorite thread of all time is that one that so1913 started where people show drastic comparison pics, so if i need the extra motivation, i go look at that :) i understand the reasoning behind the extra security, but its too easy to find similar information/how-to's in threads or unlocked fotkis...just my .02

I agree with everything you just said.

secretdiamond

Letitia said:
I normally don't bother if I have to PM for the password. But if the hair is drop dead gorgeous and I feel I can learn some tips and tricks, I will take the extra time to PM that person. I have only done that once and it was CincySweetie. It was worth the PM!

Thanks for this post. I was just about to say that I never PMed someone for their pw b4, but cincysweetie is the only one.... i think... I'm not even sure, but yeah her hair is amazering!

Looking at the hair in the siggy or avatar is good enough for me. :lol: I don't have a fotki either so I really don't go crazy over albums or leave comments. I'm not one of those ppl who needs a pic to value your advice.

Tee

secretdiamond said:
Thanks for this post. I was just about to say that I never PMed someone for their pw b4, but cincysweetie is the only one.... i think... I'm not even sure, but yeah her hair is amazering!

Looking at the hair in the siggy or avatar is good enough for me. :lol: I don't have a fotki either so I really don't go crazy over albums or leave comments. I'm not one of those ppl who needs a pic to value your advice.

Yes Yes. Her hair is beautiful and she share any and all information! Thanks Cincy!

LocksOfLuV

Not really! I have only PMed Sistaslick (that I can remeber) and it was DAMN worth it. I ended up jocking 95% of her regimen!:D

Other than that I will just keep it moving. There are toooo many other beautiful heads for me to look at.

That's why I keep mines unlocked, unpassworded etc. I don't want people to have to go through all the trouble and it's really not that serious to me (but I can see why others have theirs locked). It's just not a big deal to me personally.

BUT if I see a head that I think I can really benefit from then I will pm them.

ThursdayGirl

I have somewhere between 5 and 10 times out of my 4(?) years on this forum. When I do, its because there's something exceptional (to me) with that hair. Most of the time, if the pwsd isn't in the profile or siggy... I don't bother.

HoneyDew

Keen said:

Same here.

Caramela

:lol: :nono: If I have to PM for a password I usually don't bother. Likewise if I have to go into their profile searching for a password I don't bother. It's not that serious.

I did PM someone for their password recently but her hair was just off the chain gorgeous. Other than that, I keep it moving.