Does Growth Aids Actually Prevent Growth?

myhairgrowstoo

I've been using a sulfur mix and pimento red oil on my scalp. However I just read in Hair Care Rehab that hair styling products and topical hair treatments can prevent the scalp from working properly. What do y'all think?

they work for me too.
I think the greatest benefit is making sure my scalp is healthy, I think that why they work well for me

I think growth aids do work. However for topical mixes I would say theres a chance that it can cause build up so u gtta keep ur scalp clean.

LMBO at long lost twins...how cute!!....back on topic, growth aids have been helping me, i never used em before last year and my hair grew much slower!

I don't think these things can prevent your hair from growing, however using growth aids can sometimes create a set back.

I used Sulfur back in 2007 and got a horrible rash on my neck. It was so gross! Who knows what it did to my noggin. I stopped using it after a few days. My DD used MegaTek for a month and her hair was shedding like crazy. She used it for a month and it took like 5 months to get rid of the shedding. She had to cut a few inches of hair.

They could if you find yourself having an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients. One growth aide I was using caused me to have massive shedding. Once I stopped using it the shedding stopped.

Sulfur and ayurvedic herbal oils work for me. Everyone should do a patch test on their scalp before using an external growth aide on their whole scalp. Along with allergic reactions to a chemical or oil, potency of the mix can also cause problems with your scalp.

Not everything works for everyone, people are rubbing all sorts concoctions on their scalps, becoming kitchen chemists, not knowing how certain ingredients will react when mixed together. An allergic reaction can cause swelling, which can cause inflamed follicles, which can lead to slow growing hair and hair loss. So I'd be careful with all of that stuff.

I know growth aids come with their pros and cons. You shouldn't apply them to the scalp due to possible scalp irritations and build-up, but that can also depend on the person. I don't think it causes problems for all people, just for some depending on the scalp

I have dry, itchy scalp, not flaky or dandruff though and I have tried MN, castor oil, megatek and sulfur mix. The MN caused too much itching and intense shedding after 7 weeks for about 2 weeks after I stopped using it. Castor oil causes intense shedding so I stopped. Sulfur was too drying and cause itching and dandruff (weird huh). The only thing that never caused itching was the megatek, caused growth and actually stopped a majority of my itching without build-up. I haven't used anything on my scalp in a while except my hot oils but because of so many reactions I barely bother anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

It all depends.
For me Sulfur oil helps with shedding and itchy/dry scalp.
But others like MT & MN have caused massive shedding for me.

It DID increase the rate of growth.. But the shedding wasnt worth it.

Back