Does Anyone Use Pure Ghee Butter to Detangle Their Hair?

SimplyLive

I have heard about pure ghee butter used in hair. Does anyone use this to detangle their hair? How do you use it?

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I've never used it to detangle, but I did include some in a pomade I just made. It's supposed to be very moisturizing, and softens the hair. I mostly use it for cooking though...it's so much better than butter or margarine.

Evolving78

nope, but i have used the coco detangling ghee from QB and it was divine! the best moisturizing, detangling product for my hair. when i go back to the natural side, i will keep this in my stash.

alive

i'm really curious to know as well. i have an entire jar of ghee that's been sitting in my kitchen forever and a half

Maguerite

It's supposed to have one of the highest smoke points out of all the oils so is really safe and stable for cooking. It also tastes fantastic and I use it in baking instead of butter for a richer, creamier taste. I have never thought to use it on my hair and probably wouldn't as its quite greasy; castor oil or grapeseed oil do a great job detangling anyway.

OsnapCnapp!

I've never used it to detangle, but I did include some in a pomade I just made. It's supposed to be very moisturizing, and softens the hair. I mostly use it for cooking though...it's so much better than butter or margarine.

I am working on making a pomade for myself. How did it work for you???

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I am working on making a pomade for myself. How did it work for you???

It blended nicely with the other oils that I used, and didn't cause any cloudiness or discoloration. After I added the fragrance, there wasn't any additional smells from the oil mix either. I'll ask my Mom how she likes the feel of it, as I made it for her birthday.

This was the second time I've tried a pomade, and I think it came out better than the 1st batch...I used too much lipidthix that time...:look:

OsnapCnapp!

It blended nicely with the other oils that I used, and didn't cause any cloudiness or discoloration. After I added the fragrance, there wasn't any additional smells from the oil mix either. I'll ask my Mom how she likes the feel of it, as I made it for her birthday.

This was the second time I've tried a pomade, and I think it came out better than the 1st batch...I used too much lipidthix that time...:look:

Lipidthix, hmm....that sounds interesting. Might try that. I was planning to use mostly Waxelene and add other things that will make a nice, thick pomade for heavy sealing. Im going to look into Lipidthix.