Does anyone still use a no-lye relaxer?

OneShinyface

I do and don't see a reason to change, but I've noticed many here either never used them or made the switch to lye.

I've been using them since my first relaxer in 1981. I think I did one retouch in the late 80s with a lye perm, but that's been it. I haven't had any problems with them. I just did a retouch on Sunday with a long-time favorite, Sof N' Beautiful Botanicals.

mahogani

i agree lye does not work for me it's very strong for my hair i've been using no lye for over 10 years now and botanicals by soft and beautiful is the perm i've been using for a while now and i have no trouble if it's not broken why fix it? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lindy

My stylist uses Affirm No-Lye (sensitive scalp formula) and he says it works great for my hair /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I have no reason to switch since I haven't had any problems at all. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Karonica

No-lye perms are the best for straightening, in my opinion. I was contemplating going back to them. The best one I used and my mother used was Pink Lotion. I don't perm my hair anymore, last time I did, I used Motions. Using lye because that's what has been used on my hair by hairdresser for a few years now. Wanted to keep consistency. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Leshia

I think I've used no-lye since my fist relaxer...ever. I'm tempted to use a lye though. With all the raves about it really adding to your hair's moisture content I just can't resist. I'm going to really start spacing out my relaxers to about 2 or 3 times per year but I am thinking about using a lye next time... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif