Does anyone STILL think that WGO is the bomb!

Lava27

I've been lurking/new for a couple of months now, and have picked up so many of the oils I have read about: EVOO, Vatika, Castor, Grapeseed, Jojoba, Coconut, Emu Oil, Sweet Almond, Vit E, MTG, Boundless Tresses and Hairveda Cocasta (which is a really nice one!).

But I'm still really feeling Wild Growth Oil.:yep::yep::yep:

I hate the smell! I repeat: HATE THE SMELL! Started using it over 5 years ago, and would always move it to the back of my shelf due to the smell. After using MTG, everything now smells benign:)lachen::lachen:), and I realized the WGO is great! I daresay, it can go head to head with Cocasta or Castor (2 of my thicker faves). Gets my hair so soft and manageable, I've just gotta pick a great EO to add, and I think I can conquer the WGO funk! What do you guys think? Who's really feeling WGO??

I use the WGO light on my scalp before going under the dryer when rollersetting to keep my scalp from drying out. I think its a good balanced oil blend.

I've been using it for years and I still think it's the bomb. The smell really bothered me although the smell is different. But WGO is one thing I try to make sure that I am never without.

I think it is a good oil....But I have so many oils... and I mix lotsof stuff. Once it is gone - it is gone, because I don't frequent BSS's anymore.

I think it is a good oil....But I have so many oils... and I mix lotsof stuff. Once it is gone - it is gone, because I don't frequent BSS's anymore.

Same here. I love WGO- and I've noticed that some bottles smell okay/sweet and others smell bad (yes I open each one and find the best scent at the store:grin:). I used it up until I started using the Ayurveda oils.

I don't like the smell either but I love WGO. It's kinda thick so i can slick my wet hair back with it. And it keeps my hair so soft and shiny.

Wow, it's so wierd that you posted this, because I was just sitting here admiring how moist and manageable my hair is with WGO (the newer one in the yellow bottle). With anything else, my hair is either too dry and frizzy or too oily and wet. But this stuff right here...it's the bomb and it works for me!!

Okay, I have both WGO. I prefer the light WGO because of the smell. I tried using the original, but it is so thick. I tried using it per its instructions, but it doesn't feel like I am putting enough on my hair. Are you all using it like the instructions say to or are you all doing something different? Because I heard that it can thicken your hair and really make a difference on your hair.

I've been lurking/new for a couple of months now, and have picked up so many of the oils I have read about: EVOO, Vatika, Castor, Grapeseed, Jojoba, Coconut, Emu Oil, Sweet Almond, Vit E, MTG, Boundless Tresses and Hairveda Cocasta (which is a really nice one!).

But I'm still really feeling Wild Growth Oil.:yep::yep::yep:

I hate the smell! I repeat: HATE THE SMELL! Started using it over 5 years ago, and would always move it to the back of my shelf due to the smell. After using MTG, everything now smells benign:)lachen::lachen:), and I realized the WGO is great! I daresay, it can go head to head with Cocasta or Castor (2 of my thicker faves). Gets my hair so soft and manageable, I've just gotta pick a great EO to add, and I think I can conquer the WGO funk! What do you guys think? Who's really feeling WGO??

I'm glad to hear the good reviews because I suggested WGO to a friend, even though I had never used it!

I still use WGO and will continue to do so. Stink or not. My SO absolutely hates it!!!! :lachen:

I tried the other fragrance but I was not as pleased with the scent and it didn't seem to work as well.

I still use WGO and it has never failed me yet! It helped my hair recover so much from the damage that I wrote two testimonials about my experience with it (and won the contest with my pictures).

I don't like the smell of the original or the "lite," but they both have worked for me!:yep:

Yes it's the bomb. The softness, shine, and moisture are the bomb. However, the smell and the fact that it stains everything are NOT the bomb.

Last edited:
Thanks, OP, for this thread because it reminded me that I still have about 3/4 of a bottle of WGO left in my cabinet that I want to use up. I refuse to use it on my hair (it just stinks to much) but I will use it to seal in moisture on my feet :look: after I get out of the shower. Hopefully, after I put on socks, the smell won't be so strong.

Thanks, OP, for this thread because it reminded me that I still have about 3/4 of a bottle of WGO left in my cabinet that I want to use up. I refuse to use it on my hair (it just stinks to much) but I will use it to seal in moisture on my feet :look: after I get out of the shower. Hopefully, after I put on socks, the smell won't be so strong.

I always add it to my scalp only when my hair is wet and the smell goes away:yep:.

I have forgotten about my WGO.It is practically brand new. When I use it on wet hair the smell is less noticeable.

This is too FUNNY I was in Sally's yesterday and was standing there looking at it, trying to decide whether or not to purchase it and was thinking I wonder if any one in the forum is still using this? I guess I got my question answered...Thanks

How do you all use it? I see some put on wet scalp. I mixed it in with my beemine that I apply every night so i'm unsure if the direct impact it has/or has not had, on my hair.

yea, i've always loved WGO. I instantly noticed how it softened and shined my hair. I never applied it to my scalp to experience any growing benefits, though. However I haven't used any in the past year or so because I refuse to buy BSS products because of how they jacked up the prices. shoot i can buy salon quality products for those prices...

I don't like the smell either but I love WGO. It's kinda thick so i can slick my wet hair back with it. And it keeps my hair so soft and shiny.

I LOVE the consistency...almost like a "cream oil". Your hair is Gorgeous too! :yep:

Okay, I have both WGO. I prefer the light WGO because of the smell. I tried using the original, but it is so thick. I tried using it per its instructions, but it doesn't feel like I am putting enough on my hair. Are you all using it like the instructions say to or are you all doing something different? Because I heard that it can thicken your hair and really make a difference on your hair.

I don't ever really pay attention to those instructions, with all those different amount of drops that can be used on wet or dry hair. I just use as needed. A little seems to go a long way, usually put it more on length of hair than scalp.

I'm glad to hear the good reviews because I suggested WGO to a friend, even though I had never used it!

LOL...that is TOO funny!

Glad to see we got a strong Team WGO here on LHCF! WGO! WGO! :grin:

Feet?:blush: Giirrlll get you some EVOO and stop stinking up the sheets :lachen:
but I still use WGO when I flat iron :lachen::grin:

I love the stuff! Makes me hair super soft and well moisturized. It doesn't smell bad at all to me, and neither did MTG.

Sorry but I added a couple of drops of peppermint oil to my bottle and it now smells heavenly.

Back