Does anyone know of a nourish & shine replacement

morehairplease

My little one is allergic to mangoes and I can't use the nourish & shine but I would love to use a butter based product to moisturizer my hair. Lately, the moisturizers that I have been using are just not cutting it.
tia,
tishee

Have you tried Qhemet Amla and Olive All Soft Heavy Cream or the Burdock Root Butter Cream? They both work well for me, but I use more of the latter because my hair is so thick.

Have you tried Qhemet Amla and Olive All Soft Heavy Cream or the Burdock Root Butter Cream? They both work well for me, but I use more of the latter because my hair is so thick.

Hi there sweetie,

I am going to go to the Qhemet Biologics site now. I have always wanted to try their line but never got around to it. Thanks for the rec justNikki.

Last edited:
My little one is allergic to mangoes and I can't use the nourish & shine but I would love to use a butter based product to moisturizer my hair. Lately, the moisturizers that I have been using are just not cutting it.

What moisturizers have you been using that haven't been working?

Thanks Allandra. I tried the shea butter both with and without oil and it was too heavy for my strands.
Have you tried avocado butter? I make my own ayurveda whipped butter using avocado. Avocado is penetrating also.

You could try using your favorite moisturizing conditioner as a moisturizer. I use Suave Humectant, works great.

You could try using your favorite moisturizing conditioner as a moisturizer. I use Suave Humectant, works great.

i sometimes do this with honeysuckle rose, because i like the smell so much. and its thick so it will work on my rollerset hair almost like a pomade. i put a little bit in my hand and rub it together and run it through my ends.

i sometimes do this with honeysuckle rose, because i like the smell so much. and its thick so it will work on my rollerset hair almost like a pomade. i put a little bit in my hand and rub it together and run it through my ends.

I am going to try the Honey Suckle Rose. I hear such rave reviews. Does this make rollersets heavy??

I am going to try the Honey Suckle Rose. I hear such rave reviews. Does this make rollersets heavy??

do you have fine hair? if you do it might. however, i used it on my friend with fine hair. i dc'd her with it and then took a dab and put it back into her hair as a leave in. then i put a dab of the silk and seal and her rollerset came out really nice. if your hair is really fine you might want to use it as a pre-poo just in case.

do you have fine hair? if you do it might. however, i used it on my friend with fine hair. i dc'd her with it and then took a dab and put it back into her hair as a leave in. then i put a dab of the silk and seal and her rollerset came out really nice. if your hair is really fine you might want to use it as a pre-poo just in case.

My hair is thick. I and guess if I used a little dab. I may just use this idea for bunning and updo's I don't know how I'ma part with Lacio Lacio on my rollersets :look:

I say try Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Butters! I have a sample of it, and it's lovely just like the Nourish & Shine. It's Shea Butter based also, and you can pick whatever scent you like. It's also cheaper than the Nourish & Shine (not including shipping).

I can't wait to get a full size KBB Hair Butter. I have the Hair Milks already, and I love them.

ETA: I see that the KBB Butter has Mango in it, so nevermind that suggestion. As someone said earlier, you could try the Hair Cream which emulsifies into an oil like the Hair Butter.

tia,
tishee

I don't hear about this product often on LHCF, but a great replacement could possibly be the Kemi Oyl Pomade. Just like nourish & shine the first ingredient is Shea Butter and the consistency is very similar - and I get similar results.....I pay about $6 a jar. I alternate between nourish & shine and this product to help manage my hair budget. Check it out here:

https://www.afrohairgrowth.com/MCli...ddetail&catno=53&no=206&category=name&keyword=

http://paynesbeautysupply-salon.stores.yahoo.net/keshbupo4oz.html

^^^^^i used to use this but the smell got to me.

Yes, I know some compare the scent to grape kool-aide. I add an essential oil, using a scent that I like and the grape kool-aide smell is masked :yep:. I really get good results with this product....

Back