Does anyone else use two conditioners? (mixed or in two stages)

Superfly Sister

This is what Im currently doing:-

On dry hair I use Organix Nourishing coconut milk conditioner left on for 20 minutes then use Organix Soft and Silky Vanila Silk conditioner for another 20 minutes.

Initially I bought both because I didn't know which if the two I wanted *lol* but there was a money off offer so I bought two :D I then decided to do a little experient and so far so good.

Does anyone else do anything similar? If so, what are your combinations?

J x

BostonMaria

This is what Im currently doing:-

On dry hair I use Organix Nourishing coconut milk conditioner left on for 20 minutes then use Organix Soft and Silky Vanila Silk conditioner for another 20 minutes.

Initially I bought both because I didn't know which if the two I wanted *lol* but there was a money off offer so I bought two :D I then decided to do a little experient and so far so good.

Does anyone else do anything similar? If so, what are your combinations?

J x

I usually use Suave to detangle my hair. Then I rinse and add DevaCurl One Conditioner as a leave-in. I do this because I have alot of hair and need like 1/2 bottle of Suave to detangle LOL and I love DevaCurl One BUT one bottle costs $18 so I'm not about to go through that bottle in 2 days. I try not to use more than 2 conditioners because I think it would be overkill.

I do, but I put like 3 to 4 different kinds of conditioner in one bottle, mix it up, but a little oil in it, mix it up again and use it after I shampoo, I have been getting good results, I'm just trying to use up all of my conditioner because I'm trying to get a permenant regimen and staples.......

Libra08

I first put LeKeir Cholesterol on my head mixed with olive oil then I put Pantene BD Mask with added honey and proceed to DC. I love this combination!

HoneyDew

I do.

My hair must absolutely have its Lustrasilk Cholesterol for moisture. Every time I wash I always leave in on for 20 min or more without heat.

But, every other week I like to give my hair some mild protein so every other Sat or Sun, I will do a deep condition 20 min with heat. That is normally with a protein conditioner like Bedhed Dumb Blonde, or Joico K-Pak or something like that. It is not too much trouble and I look at it as a special treat for my hair. I still use my Cholesterol on those days.

If I am rushing, I will just do my Cholesterol condition as usual and skip the protein deep until I get some time.

HoneyDew

Oh and even more along this line, I mix my Lustrasilk Cholesterol. I like the Olive oil one for my hair, but I top it off with the Shea Butter one because that one smells good.

Allandra

I use Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner, but I don't mix it with anything. It does my hair good as a light protein.

AtlantaJJ

I'm going to start mixing some just to use up my PJ stash over 2009...I got to clean out my closet somehow...

Barbara

Princess
My stylist prefers to mix Motions CPR with Motions Moisture Plus, because CPR dries my hair out when used alone.

Neith

My current DC is miss key 10 en 1 mixed with aubrey organics honeysuckle rose and jojoba oil.

I just like this combo on my hair. It gives my hair everything... slip, moisture, shine, softness and makes the curls pop.

I mistakenly "discovered" it one day when I was planning on using just 10 en 1 and jojoba oil, at the last minute I squirted some honeysuckle rose in because it has better slip than the 10 en 1. Never looked back. 10 en 1 gives great curl definition, shine, a little strength and moisturizes, Honeysuckle rose gives all the slip and softness and ultra moisture :yep:

LovelyLionessa

My favorite DC mix is LeKair Cholesterol Plus mixed ORS Replenishing conditioner. Also since I DC on dry hair, I always follow up with another conditioner after shampooing, like Pantene Breakge Defense Mask, Aussie Moist or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa.

Halimah

I use KC first for 5-15 mins depending if its a wash and go but I DC w/QH chelestorol for 30-45 mins or do you mean just 2 regular condt.?

TrustMeLove

Yep, I use AO for DC on dry hair. I rinse out and use a detangling conditioner like TJ Nourish Spa or Giovanni SMooth As Silk Conditioner.

I am still looking for reasonable products to add to my conditioner selection. Eventhough my hair acts up at the idea of commercial products. I can't help but think I should give this Tresseme stuff a try. Even maybe a pantene conditioner.

longhairlover

I do this sometimes but I use one on dry hair then another on wet hair after i've washed, but using both on dry hair or wet hair i'm not sure, i've used 2 conditioners before on wet hair and they did not compliment each other.

Faith

I didn't used to do this but after I discovered Aveda IRT I am going to be doing a 2 part conditioner process. 1x with one of my other conditioners like Kenra, AO HSR, etc. for about 30 min. then 2nd with Aveda IRT for about 30-60min.

Auburn

I do at LEAST 2 conditioners when I (co)wash. I finger comb my hair with each conditioner. Rinse then apply leave in.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I like to mix my dominican conditioners together, silicone mix, emergencia, and/or apretendora. For those that like the Organix stuff it's by one get one free at kmart.

Toy

I mix conditioners twice a week on condition wash day first i apply Wen Fig cleansing conditioner on a wet head then i apply Dove or anything else i have then i put on a bag.

adw425

I also mix up several conditioners in one bottle and add camellia oil for CO washes. With my Organix conditioners,though, I mix the coconut milk and the vanilla silk together.

Patricia

I always mix conditioners. I'm to lazy to wait, rinse, apply.....
I mix mane and tail , porosity control and olive oil, If I need more protein I add a small amount of reconstructor to it

Tybi

I do AO Honeysuckle Rose with Lustrasilk shea mango as a DC. This is also great after a henna treatment.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i mix herbal essences hello hydration and loreal vive hydra gloss. its my killer co wash combo! it wasnt until after i used this mix i could cowash on the regular.

gloomgeisha

I love Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol w/ Mango mixed with Aussie Moist or Aussie Three Minute Deeeeep Condish. This mix makes all of my tangles melt away.

It~Can~Grow

Yes

Tuesday: Prepoo w/Organix Coconut Milk Con
DC Kenra Moist. Con w/oil & honey

Friday: Prepoo w/Redkin All Soft w/vatika oil

Once a month:

Tuesday: Prepoo ORS Replinshing
DC Biolage Cond Balm w/oil & honey

Friday: Prepoo w/Redkin All Soft w/vatika oil

Tybi

I also went to BJ's and bought large sizes of Tressemme's smooth conditioner and Aussie moist and mixed them together. Its a good daily co-wash mix, but I actually prefer the Aussie moist alone:rolleyes: