Does anyone use thickening conditioners??

MRJ1972

I am trying to thicken my hair. Does anyone use thickening shampoo and conditioners?? I saw Biosilk thickening shampoo and conditioner in CVS, but I wanted to do some more research. By the way, I am 4b relaxed. Thanks!

I am trying to thicken my hair. Does anyone use thickening shampoo and conditioners?? I saw Biosilk thickening shampoo and conditioner in CVS, but I wanted to do some more research. By the way, I am 4b relaxed. Thanks!

I don't use thickening conditioners...I use henna to thicken.....or at least it gives the appearance of thickening. I hope this helps.

12-7-08aaa.jpg

My Henna and Yogurt treatment thickened my hair and regular treatments keep it that way.

Love it!

Noticeable results.

Never used a conditioner that can do the same.

Not me (as my hair is already very thick).

You can also try vitamin B5 (panthothenic acid) for thicker hair.

I have used nioxin thickening conditioner after suffering from thinning due to braids..I remember it working well, also think Henna is great and it continues to work for my husband who is balding, I personally think Mega tek has thicken my hair nicely and am very please with the results thus far.

Do tell HoneyDew :curtain:

Once a month or so I mix henna and amla powders, maybe even throw in some others like brahmi and brhiringraj, with a tablespoon or two of any natural oil, a tablespoon or two of hydrolyzed keratin or collagen, and a cup of FULL FAT Fage total yogurt. I don't put much water in, like and ounce or two just to thin it out a bit.

I have this shampoo and have used it many times. I actually like it but it has i think soy or wheat protein in it, and I'm currently using OCT so haven't used it in like a month because don't want protein overload. It leaves my hair very silky feeling and not stripped and initially I did not notice a difference in thickening but since I have not used it in a while, I do notice that my hair feels and looks a lot thinner. I don't think it actually thickens your hair though, on the bottle it says makes hair appear thicker and fuller. But I'm not expert. Overall I do like it.

I have used nioxin thickening conditioner after suffering from thinning due to braids..I remember it working well, also think Henna is great and it continues to work for my husband who is balding, I personally think Mega tek has thicken my hair nicely and am very please with the results thus far.

hey cicilypayne....never thought of using this on my husband's hair which is thinning...thanks for the tip. How do you use it? I did 1 henna/conditioner treatment in my hair and it was like woah.

I agree with the bolded....MegaTek has thickened the *mess* outta my hair....:wallbash::wallbash:

I use Nexxus Diametress Shampoo, Nexxus Headress and I have a small bottle of PM Extra Body Rinse when I want a little extra slip but it is very light...I love them all!

i've never used a conditioner that says it can thicken hair but i do however use joico k pak deep penetrating reconstructor once a week and my hair strands have thickened. im sure its temporary but since i do it once a week it always feel thicker and that helps when i use heat. also when i add castor oil to my pre poos and conditioner i get thicker hair.

I have used many thickening conditioners. Most just contain products that will give your hair a fuller appearance.

Note: they don't actually make your hair thicker, they only make your hair appear thicker.
I stopped because they caused a lot of heavy build up in my hair over time

Co-Signing with all the henna ladies. I did a henna treatment this past weekend after going more than a year without doing one, and I am amazed. My hair is already pretty thick, but the henna took it to a whole new level. I really wasn't expecting thicker hair since it was only the first henna treatment in a while. I actually got some breakage because I was having trouble detangling my hair because it was so thick. :nono:

Back