Does anyone deep condition before using cellphane

gymfreak336

I bought a mahogany rinse to use. I was thinking about dcing on dry hair, shampooing it out, using the dye and then shampooing and deep conditioning again. Has anyone done that?

PinkAngel

I've done something similar. I only shampooed once, before applying the color, then conditioned. HTH

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
It sounds like a good idea. I used a rinse on my hair yeaterday and wanted to condition first, but it specifically said not to:nono:. I guess the color won't take as well if it's conditioned first...

Eisani

It sounds like a good idea. I used a rinse on my hair yeaterday and wanted to condition first, but it specifically said not to:nono:. I guess the color won't take as well if it's conditioned first...

This has been my experience. I always DC after applying the cellophane.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
which cellophane do you use? I heard that sabastians is good. Anyone?

sebastian's is supposed to be good, but I heard it has been discontinued. Colourshines is a good rinse/cellophane too. I used the Dark and Lovely brand and so far it's o.k.

tenjoy

Jazzing has a clear one. Im new to LHCF, but my hair is BS length. I achieved this by bunning and rarely combing pre LHCF. Though when I did come my hair was extremely tangled. But now I find this wonderful site and am motivated. Especially since I really dont like like hair out unless im stuntin'! I need to learn the lingo:

What is stretching?
What is bagging?
When do you bag?
What is a good regimen?
I have always relaxed abou 3-4 times a year (out of laziness, guess thats good)
Why should I use a lye vs no-lye relaxer?
Is it bad that I relaxed my halo instead of the whole head?
Any more tips?
Whats the best oils?

neenee280

I cellophane after I relax.

relax (wash wash wash wash)
cellophane (rinse until clearish)
dc
use a rinse from the same line

My cellophane (Colorshowers) fades drastically after I relax so that is when i do it.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Jazzing has a clear one. Im new to LHCF, but my hair is BS length. I achieved this by bunning and rarely combing pre LHCF. Though when I did come my hair was extremely tangled. But now I find this wonderful site and am motivated. Especially since I really dont like like hair out unless im stuntin'! I need to learn the lingo:

What is stretching?
What is bagging?
When do you bag?
What is a good regimen?
I have always relaxed abou 3-4 times a year (out of laziness, guess thats good)
Why should I use a lye vs no-lye relaxer?
Is it bad that I relaxed my halo instead of the whole head?
Any more tips?
Whats the best oils?

Hi Newbie!!!:grin: I would check out the stickies for the info you're looking for. Also, the search engine is great too. HTH!