Any Long Hair "4" Naturals That Do NOT Deep Condition their Hair

SimplyLive

Finding a great Deep Conditioner has been an expensive endeavor for me. Is it possible to have healthy, great hair without deep conditioning. Like shampooing, then using great moisturizing butters and cremes to style?

What do you all think about this?

i know naptural 85 is in the 4s and she has lush healthy hair. she doesn't really deep condition. her regimen consists of using her terraessentials mud wash and then using her shea butter mix. thats it.

She also DC's with extra virgin coconut oil (evco) alone. I linked a video on it not long ago. OP, I really think DCing is necessary to reaching healthy hair goals. Even if you do like naptural85 and DC with just natural oils like evco, wheat germ, or castor oil :yep:. ETA: have you tried Aubrey Organics GPB yet; or castor oil rinses?

She also DC's with extra virgin coconut oil (evco) alone. I linked a video on it not long ago. OP, I really think DCing is necessary to reaching healthy hair goals. Even if you do like naptural85 and DC with just natural oils like evco, wheat germ, or castor oil :yep:. ETA: have you tried Aubrey Organics GPB yet; or castor oil rinses?

I do smoother my hair with castor oil and leave in it as if it is a deep conditioner. Is that good enough?

I do smoother my hair with castor oil and leave in it as if it is a deep conditioner. Is that good enough?

Um...do you rinse it? That would make it an oil rinse (as long as u put it on wet or damp hair first, then rinse). If so, I would count that as a deep condition. I love me some castor oil :yep:

Do you guys heat up your Castor oil before you do this as by itself, that oil is too thick and viscous to spread throughout my hair.

I've been natural for over 8 years and never really DC'd much . I would always do a leave-in though. I got to a little past APL. My hair was always so dry & brittle though so I bc'd again about 2 years ago.

I realized that I was sleeping on the DC. Since I've been more diligent about it my hair is back to APL and moister and in better condition all around .I also use castor oil on the ends and the length of my hair at least 3x a week.
I'm pretty sure if I had been DC'ing all along I would be at my goal by now of MBL hair.

SimplyLive have you tried doing comparisons of deep conditioners? For example splitting you hair in halves and adding different conditioners on each side to see which feels the best after rinsing?

I've found that sometimes I think DCs aren't working or doing much until they are compared to each other. The side by side allows me to immediately eliminate the less moisturizing conditioner and then I would do the process all over again (the following week) to compare that conditioner to another.

Last edited:
I will try that! I just don't want my hair to get lighter due to the honey.

I know you say that you don't want to lighten your hair with honey, but I've been using b.a.s.k. Yam Nectar Intense Honey Hair Nourisher for a little over two months and I haven't noticed my hair getting any lighter.

It's a bit pricey at $20 a jar, but you can make your own using honey and oil, like Trini_chutney suggests, and save some cash.

I tried using honey on my hair in 2005 and just ended up making a huge sticky mess, but now that I know how to use it, I'm absolutely in love with it.

I wish you well, finding a staple DC took me forever!

I use to think letting my conditioner sit on my hair for an extended period of time would help but my hair always looked dry. After watching westNDNbeauty Flat Iron YouTube I tried the Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol (less than $5) and my hair shines!

Sounds like you are trying to get away from DC's but just wanted to point out a cheaper option.

i stand corrected on the naptural 85 thing.

i deep condish with honey all the time and my hair is still its natural jet blackness. hasn't lightened a thing.

SimplyLive said:
I will try that! I just don't want my hair to get lighter due to the honey.

Warm the honey up (just a little so you don't burn your scalp) and it kills it's peroxide content.

hi. when i bc i wore my hair out all the time! afro jn the cold,fro all over the place. i did dc every week. hair was ok but broke anyway...wearing it out.
i then stopped dc and stayed stuck at the same length.
since december.last year i started.dc.seriously and always wear my hair stretched.MY hair took off and rétention got good. so i now know how important.it is to dc. ANd to avoid wearing my fro (ssk)...

Fhrizzball said:
Do you guys heat up your Castor oil before you do this as by itself, that oil is too thick and viscous to spread throughout my hair.

You've got it all wrong. All you need is a few drops of castor oil for the four quadrons of your head. You start w/wet or damp hair. Get a pea sized amount of castor in your hand, i like to mix a little water in my hand w/ it. It spreads very nicely this way. It only takes a little bit Castor to do its work if you use too much it's countering defective. It takes getting in the technique down to really get the benefits of pastor oil

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I've been natural a long time and hardly DCed. I have just started DCing within the past months religiously and let me tell you...I DO notice a difference. My hair does feel and look so much better. I do not know why I sat on DCing. I follow fusionofcultures on YT DC regimen at the moment and its inexpensive.

Back