Do you wear a hat to church services?

Glib Gurl

And if so, how old are you? :look:

I am not a hat person at all . . . but today the hats ladies were wearing in church were so pretty . . . made me want to run out and get one. But, I think I'm a little young for that (I'm 30).

Ladies, do you wear hats to church?

My grandmother loves herself some big church hats. She's 77. My mom NEVER wears hats (except for when it's really cold). She's 60. So I guess it's not just an age thing, but a matter of style/fashion/taste.

P.S. - If you DO wear a hat, feel free to post a pic :grin:

ClassicBeauty

Absolutely NOT! I am 29.

My mother is 56, and she never wears hats. My grandmother used to love them, and she would be 91 if she was still alive (she died 3 years ago). I definately think it's an age/generation thing, but no one wears them at my church, not old or young.:ohwell: No one wears those fancy sequin suits either.:ohwell:

Some hats are very pretty. I used to love trying on my grandmother's hats. I told her that when I get old, I'll wear them too.:look:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I do depending on my mood. I'm 39 and I started wearing them at around 35. In my teens I loved wearing hats and then I got out of wearing them, but now I may wear them a few times a year.

neenzmj

I wear a hat every now and then when the mood hits me. I'm 45 now, but I wore them even in my 30's. My husband loves my hats. I wear them to add just a little "extra" to my outfit.

moonglowdiva

No not really but if I see something stylish enough I wouldn't rule it out. I have. A lady never tells her age :rolleyes:.

Beauty4Ashes

I'm in my early 20's and I wear them for special occassions such as P&W Anniversary and our yearly national convocation. Not many women my age wear them but who cares - I LOVE hats. But maybe you could start a new trend. You can't wear a hat and feel uncomfortable, you must have "hat-i-tude".............lol

Ramya

No. I'm not sure that the women in my church do. I guess I never noticed before. I'm going to try and remember to look Sunday :giggle:

HeChangedMyName

No I don't. But when I see those coordinating outfits in magazines I do wish I could pull it off. Maybe someday. . . . I think when it's done right, even younger women my age can do it.

ThickHair

I wish I could but I have a huge head and large hair. I would have to have my hat's made. Once I am more settled in my career I will revisit and look into having my hat's made. My momma has sharp hats but she has a tiny head and she wears a TWA. One time I put her hat on and it just sat on the top of my head, I looked a mess.

hurricane

I cover my head sometimes. The apostle Paul taught that women should cover their heads. Why we don't, I don't know.

inthepink

I remember my grandmother, in the south, would wear hats to church and it was a big deal. Seems to be popular in Baptist churches where people dress up to go to church.

The churches I attend, I've never seen anyone wear a hat.

divya

I'm in my twenties so it's not my style. But I love to see the older ladies in their hats...

I cover my head sometimes. The apostle Paul taught that women should cover their heads. Why we don't, I don't know.

Me too, though not with a hat. A minority of women within my faith do cover. I believe the same is true for certain other branches of Christianity, especially depending on the country one lives in. There are probably quite a few reasons the majority do not any more. One of them being the statement in the same chapter where Paul speaks about covering, that hair is given to her for a covering. 1 Cor. 11:15. It's something I have briefly looked into and would like to examine further...