What to wear to church?

MissyB

I'm 28 and have been looking for dresses/skirt looks to wear to church. I typically wear slacks but I really want to start wearing skirts or dresses on Sundays. The problem is that I'm lost as to where to start and what's appropriate. I look at what other people wear but get frustrated when I go to stores to shop. My church is not conservative, but I am a little modest. Can you ladies post pictures or some outfits you wear to church?

LifeafterLHCF

When I say the title I was like clothes duh? Since my church is not conservative thank God! Praise break!!! I can wear jeans,a cute top and keep it pushing. Wear things you feel nice in and keep it trucking. I use to be real bland and wear nothing to be a distraction. Now I dress for me nothing too short or too tight. Your 28 I'm 27 don't dress like no bodies church mother. That doesn't make you any holier. But then don't go girls gone wild either lol. Below are some outfits I would wear. No brow beating lol.

These with a demin jacket

Blackpearl1993

Good post, MissyB. I have been looking for more skirts and dresses, but have been disappointed that so many have been kind of frumpy. I suppose I'll keep looking. I like some of the pics that GoddessMaker posted.

Belle Du Jour

I love skirts but have a hard time finding the right length and style for my figure (preferable knee length and A-line).

crlsweetie912

Check out this blog for inspiration http://mygarmentsofpraise.blogspot.com/

Love that blog!!!!
I wear dresses all the time now, so I just kick it up a notch. Our church is a big mix. Lots of older individuals, younger kids, middle ages....evenly mixed. So most dress up, but you will see someone in jeans or a pants suit, button downs.
In the summer I wear my sleeveless dresses and my maxi dresses with cardigans, put on patterned tights in the winter, and heels to dress them up. I love dressing up for church!