Do you use product on weave to keep it moisturized??

Aviah

I wouldn't advise anything heavy, maybe a light serum. Otherwise you'll sacrifice movement ans free-flowing hair.

eta: Can we see pics?

NewlyNature12

I rarely put anything special on my weave. I primarily focus on the braids underneath and any hair left out. What brand of hair are you using? I use Boyheme (sp?) and have used the same hair for over a year now.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
for me it depends on the type of hair.

yaki hair doesn't need anything. just take it down when it starts to look ratty. moisturizers, etc. just build up on it and make it look like dreds sooner than later.

if it is a coarse grade virgin hair that is processed to look like african american hair like extensions plus, then a drop of oil (DROP!) should be fine.

if it virgin indian hair then i wouldn't put anything in it. i usually just use a conditioner made for curly hair and call it a day. indian hair gets real "slick" if you put product on it.

if it is a kinky curly hair like bohyeme or AAMH then you need to moisturize it like crazy. s-curl and glycerine products work well.

DaiseeDay

That's a very nice sew in!

For straight hair I generally don't use anything, maybe a spray of (olive) oil sheen. For kinky-curly I do use leave-in conditioner and maybe gel depending. I've only worn a sew-in twice though so I'm probably not the best to answer lol

CurlsBazillion

Totally agree about curly hair. Straight hair can't take too much product without looking nasty so I say leave it alone because your hair looks great op

Aviah

I just hate when I brush it and then later in it needs another brush through. Ugh

That may be due to the kind of hair you used. Was it remy hair? If not then after a time weave starts to look like it needs to be brushed all the time, because the cuticles are not all facing the same way and while some are being combed, other strands are being back-combed.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
that sounds like some non-cuticle hair.....if it is needing brushing like that.

get some wig oil sheen from the Beauty Supply Store and spray it on the hair. keep a brush in your purse. you are gonna need it.

unfortunately, she sold you or gave you a cheap grade of hair and no amount of product is really going to help. hopefully the hair will continue to look nice for at least 3-4 weeks but don't be surprised if it turns into a bird's nest on you. (I HOPE THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!)

here is one brand that i use on synthetic hair. it works well on non cuticle hair too.

http://www.amazon.com/BONFI-NATURAL...&qid=1345671470&sr=1-3&keywords=wig+oil+sheen