do you REALLY need...

naturaline

a shower comb to detangle in the shower or can i just use a wide toothed comb??? i really dont know the differance??

i Always wash my hair braided but reading the other threads i think i may try out shower detanglin'...

what do you think. shower comb OR any wide toothed comb?

Yes! D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y shower comb!! I had some doubts about a week ago and grabbed my 'wide' tooth comb... :spank:

I now have 3 shower combs so I can always find at least one (and I keep one at work for the lunch time post workout hair rinsing sessions).

naturaline said:
you now have 3... im always misplacing stuff too. lol
whats the differance between them?

p.s tia

I thought the only difference was that the shower comb had a handle you can use to hang it up in the shower. To me, it looks like a normal wide tooth comb with a round handle. Maybe the teeth are not as sharp?

Only comb I ever use is a shower comb. I also have 3-4 because I misplace stuff all the time.

carrie said:
Only comb I ever use is a shower comb. I also have 3-4 because I misplace stuff all the time.

Same here. I also have three shower combs (Jilbere). One in the shower, one in the hair basket in the bathroom and one in my room.

YES and YES! It is def. A difference.

Now when I wear my hair down I don't even comb it with a regular comb. I ONLY use a shower comb to comb my dry straight (lfat ironed) hair. I loose virtually no hairs this way.

Yeah a shower comb is the only comb I use whether to detangle or just combing dry hair. I loose very little or no hair this way

naturaline said:
you lot have convinced me- i gunna get one.
so is it wider than the usual comb?
Yes, the teeth are wider than the usual wide-toothed comb and the tips are very smooth and round. I haven't used it on dry hair yet but something tells me it might work very well, without any strands lost. I use it successfully to detangle my wet hair under the shower. It's so much easier than a regular comb and faster too.

I only have one and I keep it hanging in the shower.:)

Last edited:
I was looking at some shower combs in Ulta and there was one that said it was "anti-bacterial" ...hmm.

I use a wide tooth comb too! I guess one would need to use both to know if there is a difference. Maybe I need to try one so as not to miss out :)

I love my shower comb but I also have a wide tooth comb that gives me the same results so I don't see a big difference.

Also, the Jilbere brand is seamless, which means that it is made from one mold and doesn't have that seam down the middle which usually snags your hair!

(I didn't realize that Jilbere also makes a regular seamless comb too and I bought a smaller one for my purse the other day.)

yep, for sure im off to buy one sometime this week- i got a Denman a couple of days back! cant wait to use it when i wash my hair on wednesday!!

I use a plain old wide tooth comb. I didn't know there was a difference in a wide tooth comb versus a shower comb.

Back