Do you have an oily scalp?

beana

This year i believe i have "unlocked" the mystery that is my hair... My 2nd major hair epiphany is that i have an oily scalp and dry hair. I noticed this when i massage my scalp close to wash day, my finger tips are always oily. I dont put anything on my scalp ever, just wash and condition weekly.

For other oily scalp ladies, do you put any oils/ growth aids/ anything else :) onjy your scalp? And how often do you wash your hair?

Junebug D

Bumping because I think this is me also. I always just assumed I had dry hair + dry scalp. But I think I suffer from oily scalp + dry hair. If I run my fingertips over my scalp when I know I haven't put anything on it, it is oily. Plus it does start to smell 4-5 days post-shampoo. It's tricky because shampoo can be hard on dry strands, but I NEED to shampoo, probably a lot more often than I do already. :ohwell:

Anyone else out there that can relate?

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
Me. It's awful having an oily scalp + dry hair.

I shampooed more frequently in the past, I'm now low poo and I use the Hair One (I think) Wen knockoff and it works when I get oily.

I just straightened my hair last night and I think I'll get some dry shampoo this week to see if that helps me keep the hairstyle a full week. Otherwise my head is smelly and greasy.