Do you guys ever wonder....

SexyGyrlNY

I was watching videos the other day and I saw an interview with Snoop Dogg, his hair was gorgeous! It was pressed straight and it fell past his shoulders-nice and thick and very healthy looking ends. I have also noticed this from a number of cornrow wearing rappers such as some of the guys from Bone Thugs and Harmony and Bow Wow and the question is what are they doing to achieve such lengths? Do you guys ever wonder about that?

I have wondered, but I have finally figured it out. Most of these men have never had any chemicals in their hair so it grows like crazy, nice and thick. 9 times out of 10 they just wash and go...no chemicals, no heat, and they manipulate their hair as less as possible. Only if I knew then what I know now!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Only if I knew then what I know now!

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!

Did you ever see Bow Wow's hair. Sheesh! I wanted to slap that kid for having such pretty silky natural hair.

I love Snoop and bone thugs hair!

They just don't pay their hair any mind, they get it braided up and they just leave it alone, maybe apply a lil something to the scalp, and a doo rag at night. They don't fret over their hair or anything, change it up in terms of colour, chemical services which is why I think they have healthy hair which doesn't look like it took a lot of work to get to that length.

Yeah, and they are luckier than us when they decide to grow out their hair. They can have their hair in the awkward in between period looking dry and stuff (Snoop in the gin and juice video), they don't have to worry about society telling them your hair looks like a rats nest, put this doodadd in it to smooth it down, condition it, blah blah blah like we get.

My boyfriend started growing out his hair the same time I stopped relaxing. Our hair was the same length but whenever I tried to leave the house with the styles he had he would always ask me: "are you leaving the house like that?"

If our hair looks freeform or wild we catch hell, while they get he's growing his hair out for a certain look.

girl...i happened to up late the other night and showtime in harlem came on...these guys performed from florida. it was like, four of them, rapping. i thought their hats were high because they had dreads...omigoodness! in the middle of their performance they took their hats off and wow!!!! all of them had hair like an overflowing bush! body &amp; bounce. like long, flowing, free bouncy afros!!! i mean, flowing, down past the middle of their backs! i was sooo jealous! u should have seen me sitting here in shock and looking in the mirror at my hair asking my reflection..."what have you done?" LOL! /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I remember my younger cousin used to have long hair as a toddler. His hair was beautiful and so thick and long people would think he was a girl. His afro was large like snoops at 1 year old, so large my aunt told me a story when she was in the launderette and he fell off the bench head first but because she hadn't done his hair (it was all out in his fro) she reckoned that saved him from some nasty head injuries. And if you saw it you'd believe it. I'm surprised my lil man never bounced straight back up on that bench from that.

Back