Do you diffuse your hair?

Do you diffuse your hair?

• Yes, I diffuse my hair (type 3 hair)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Yes, I diffuse my hair (type 4 hair)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No, I don't diffuse my hair (type 3 hair)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No, I don't diffuse my hair (type 4 hair)

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

0live0il

I'm interested in knowing if this is just something that people with type 3 hair do. I don't really hear many/or any women with type 4 hair diffusing their hair. When I wash my hair (I'm 3c) my hair looks like a bad jheri curl or a wet puppy dog look, but with a diffuser I gain volume and it looks way better, IMO.

Is there a reason why people with type 3 hair are more likely to diffuse? Does it have to do with strand size? Because less people with type 3 hair have coarser strands? Or am I just completely wrong & many people with type 4 hair diffuse their hair.

Last edited:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I don't know how to answer. I don't diffuse now because it's summer, and I can just air dry. When it gets colder, I'll diffuse just to dry my hair quicker. I'm a type 3...it's just to dry your hair in a way that your curls don't frizz. My hair takes Hours to dry, so air drying in the winter just wouldn't work out....hence the diffusing.

yorkpatties

There may be something to your theory. Perhaps us 4's are wearing styles that we don't want to disturb using the diffuser. Maybe some feel the manipulation from the diffuser might ruin their style, but most probably just never considered it. I've never had any issues with it though.

SmilingElephant

0live0il said:
I'm interested in knowing if this is just something that people with type 3 hair do. I don't really hear many/or any women with type 4 hair diffusing their hair. When I wash my hair (I'm 3c) my hair looks like a bad jheri curl or a wet puppy dog look, but with a diffuser I gain volume and it looks way better, IMO.

Is there a reason why people with type 3 hair are more likely to diffuse? Does it have to do with strand size? Because less people with type 3 hair have coarser strands? Or am I just completely wrong & many people with type 4 hair diffuse their hair.

I pull out my diffuser in the colder months. That is somethin to think about...especially on YouTube i don't see a lot of 4s diffusing.

But my patch of 4a in the back tends to get really dry when i diffuse it...so i end up having to add a little more product afterward.

I really prefer just airdrying and then scrunch my roots at the crown for volume.

Sent from my N860 using LHCF

suns4i6e

I am primarily 3C and I diffuse year round. My hair takes ages to dry and I prefer the frizz free results of a diffuser.

KurlyNinja

Diffusing my hair can make it a little more dry than my liking. It also makes shrinkage come into effect 3 times over. I can get a TWA when I use that thing.

gennatay

I diffuse a little if my hair is dripping wet and I need to leave the house. I diffuse it just enough so that its nor dripping and let it air dry the rest of the day.

Tiye

I don't think I've used a dryer on my own hair this year but you can use the diffuser attachment on any hair type. It's a useful tool if you need to get the root area to dry fast.

faithVA

I would think that people who tend to wear WNGs would diffuse more than others. And maybe more type 3s wear WNGs moreso than type 4s and definitely more than 4bs.

I'm a 4b, so I don't do WNGs. I'm usually going to twist and let it air dry. So not much need to diffuse.

Right now I have a twa, so I play around with the diffuser to see if my hair looks/acts differently when I dry it vs. airdrying. I only diffuse on cool though. I don't foresee doing this though once my hair grows out.