Deep down, do you believe that certain hair traits are attributed to being mixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
@EllePixie: 146(+500 years of the act) years is a LOOOONG time to still be giving power to slavery.

No unh uh :nono:

My parents were born during WWII in the 30's. If my momma is 7o-ish, I am 25, that isn't that far away from slavery :look:. Although legal slavery ceased to exist in 1865, it was just replaced by sharecropping, which was dang near close to slavery. Some people claim to have still been held against their will well into the 1900's. Some of your older relatives probably could tell you about some people they knew who were slaves or born into slavery...

America is a young country and slavery is not that far back in the scope of time. We still yank out wisdom teeth that are of no use to us anymore....

applebananas

Okay for those that don't believe two black parents can have a "light skinndedededed" baby what say you? This child isn't albino and neither parents are mixed.
that baby albino to me.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
That baby was given to the wrong family. Some blond hair, blue eyed family is looking for baby Zachary.

cheryl26

Really? white people relax too though :lol: and in NYC alot of the latino community relax as well to fight humidity or decrease coarseness, or bulk...If you go on sites like Naturallycurly you will see that...

I don't live in NYC, I live in southern Alabama where high fashion is a frizzy uncombed ponytail, holy t-shirt and crocs. None of the white people in my family or that I know personally relax their hair though we're about 20 years behind the times down here. I'm sure many latinos and whites relax their hair, I just did a bkt:lol:. I'm just stating I've never known of any AA's with 1-2 natural hair considering how much certain hairtypes are "cherished" outside of this board, IRL.

curlyninjagirl

Can I ask why you believe that people 'breed' with each other to create certain physical traits and not because they just happened to be in love and get married or just have unprotected sex without thinking?

I've heard that some people will choose a mate based on wanting their children to have a certain hair type and what not but that is not everyone. And not the majority either, I believe.

I think she's talking about Darwinism, or physical attraction or whatever....maybe. :spinning:

Amoreofcurls

That baby was given to the wrong family. Some blond hair, blue eyed family is looking for baby Zachary.

Or someone was twerkin that thang around

I aint say nuffin' :look:

j/k isnt that a condition? Not Albino but something else ive heard of, my brain is mad shot right now

Amoreofcurls

I don't live in NYC, I live in southern Alabama where high fashion is a frizzy uncombed ponytail, holy t-shirt and crocs. None of the white people in my family or that I know personally relax their hair though we're about 20 years behind the times down here. I'm sure many latinos and whites relax their hair, I just did a bkt:lol:. I'm just stating I've never known of any AA's with 1-2 natural hair considering how much certain hairtypes are "cherished" outside of this board, IRL.

Hmm the thing about that is...if we see a black chick with long straight or wavy hair wouldnt we assume she has a weave and or relaxed??

cheryl26

Hmm the thing about that is...if we see a black chick with long straight or wavy hair wouldnt we assume she has a weave and or relaxed??

By the quality of weaves and relaxed hair down here, you'll know it when you see it:lachen:.That's all I'll say about that.

kblc06

It might very well be possible, that they perhaps carry the recessive allele for blonde hair & blue eyes, but the probability of their offspring exhibiting those traits when it has been long dormant within their population is very low.

OT: I don't mean to sound like I'm on some black supremacist tip or anything, but just think about it. You are talking about the continent from which all humans evolved. Individuals who possessed the mutation for those alleles are started on the African continent and dispersed over the course of evolution. Why does it seem so improbable that the descendants that possessed those mutations that gave rise to red hair, green eyes, etc are still within that population?

@nappystorm I know whatchu thinkin' O_O

I'm not saying but I'm just saying :look:

nappystorm

It might very well be possible, that they perhaps carry the recessive allele for blonde hair & blue eyes, but the probability of their offspring exhibiting those traits when it has been long dormant within their population is very low.

OT: I don't mean to sound like I'm on some black supremacist tip or anything, but just think about it. You are talking about the continent from which all humans evolved. Individuals who possessed the mutation for those alleles are started on the African continent and dispersed over the course of evolution. Why does it seem so improbable that the descendants that possessed those mutations that gave rise to red hair, green eyes, etc are still within that population?
I know about dominant and recessive genes but umm...yeah...Homegirl would have to show me some papers with that one :look:

Amoreofcurls

^^^lmaooooooo

Im pretty sure they did all the testing for it to be broadcasted like that, the father was probably ready to strangle her *** when that baby came out... I can already imagine his crazy side eye grill jsut by that pic:lachen:

cheryl26

That could very well be the case. It makes 100% sense that those genes could mutate AGAIN especially with such a drastic change in climate between let's say Angola and Illinois. A DNA test won't tell you where your hair is from :lol: regardless of your genetic breakdown but I guess that is when probabilities come in to play.

LongLeggedLife

Its not deep down at all...I too would think that little girl has some sort of middle eastern mix...not just the hair, but something about her complexion as well...

I have never in all my years seen a what we would likely call an 'african american' child (or adult)with that sort of hair who was not 'mixed', so I dont think its a jump in logic.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
It might be more common with 3b/c hair among mixed individuals (depending on their mix of course), but it's not as simple as that.

nappystorm

never posted follow up pics!!! doctors said that it was genetic mutation!
in the actual video the baby look different i think!

Umm hmm. I read the possible "explanations" too. They mentioned everything but the obvious. Somebody's lying either that woman, somebody's parents or grandparents.

I heard about this happening to a white couple but the woman later found out she had been adopted and her parents never told her. Her biological mother was biracial.

Keen

Okay for those that don't believe two black parents can have a "light skinndedededed" baby what say you? This child isn't albino and neither parents are mixed.

This is such a rare occurrence. This case would be considered an outlier and would be thrown out of any statistics that tries determine the probability that hair traits are attributed to heredity.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Umm hmm. I read the possible "explanations" too. They mentioned everything but the obvious. Somebody's lying either that woman, somebody's parents or grandparents.

I heard about this happening to a white couple but the woman later found out she had been adopted and her parents never told her. Her biological mother was biracial.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: YOU are a fool:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

i was just hoping she was/is healthy.... just things I'm seeing n the pic

luckiestdestiny

I'm sure they did tests on the baby to confirm that they are the mother and father (the light baby) before even reporting it in the news (killing theories of stepping out)

nappystorm

I'm sure they did tests on the baby to confirm that they are the mother and father (the light baby) before even reporting it in the news (killing theories of stepping out)

Where have you been? News outlets are always spinning and misrepresenting stuff before reporting it. I saw where they ruled out her being albino but I didn't see a thing about DNA testing other than "my wife is true to me...":rolleyes:

Somebody is going to have to provide me a better explanation for this baby. Was mama creeping? Did she get darker months later? Was a grandparent creeping? Call me ignorant, uneducated or whatever but I'm going to need a better cup of Kool-Aid before I began drinking. I wanna see receipts (or in this case, some test results).
GIFSoup

Last edited:

Naveah2050

I do...hair is a genetic trait so in the majority of cases one's hair reflects their genetic inheritance. I know its not too popular here but really.... I mean if male pattern baldness can be passed down why can't a 4a, 3c... On the other hand, if someone has a hair type that I wouldnt expect (i.e dark skin and 2a etc) I don't necessarily attribute that to them being mixed. In Africa the majority of people I have seen there who do not look outwardly mixed tend to be 4a-4b.

Status
Not open for further replies.