Do you Baggy??

Do you baggy your hair?

• Yes

Votes: 163 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 141 46.4%

• Total voters

ricochet

I am currently baggying. It's a personal challenge for myself and then I joined the 2008 LHCF Bootcamp that fit in with my 2008 regimen. I am hearing a lot of ladies mention vaseline...well vaseline is actually the 1st product that was used for baggying as far back as I can remember. I still have a printout somewhere around here from yahoo bhsgo circa 2000-2001 where I first read about baggying and it was simply apply a moisturizer to your ends, coat with a layer of vaseline to lock in the moisture, secure your baggy on your ends under your scrunchie or phony pony and go! I have seen a lot of different variations of the baggy method here and there, but ultimately, vaseline was and still very well may be, the ultimate moisture locker. :)

yellagirl730

If you baggy your entire head overnight do you have to seal with an oil, I would think you don't have to if you cover with a plastic bag?

yellagirl730

If you baggy your entire head overnight do you have to seal with an oil, I would think you don't have to if you cover with a plastic bag?

Ericka

I used the baggy method on my ends a few nights ago and LOVED it the next day. I used Elasta mango butter on my ends and they came out so soft and beautiful. I just have to get use to feeling of products on my hair. My hair does feel a little weigh down, but not much. This is definitely a method I will continue to use in the future.

RosesBlack

I do a modified baggy thing. Full head or wet hair baggying doesn't work for me.

Every night after I moisturize and part my hair into either 3-5 bantu knots or 2 buns, I wrap the ponytail part in pieces of cut up grocery bags then secure it. I usually add a little extra coconut oil or whtever moisturizer I'm using to my ends.

I've been doing this since Nov or so and it's made a huge difference in how my ends look.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
When I first joined, I baggied for months and LOVED it. My ends were in fantastic shape and my hair was so soft. Then I stopped to dabble in other things like daily co-washing. After trying other stuff, I got split ends and had to trim.

I don't wanna get any more splits, so I'm back to baggying every night using Elasta QP Mango Butter sealed with JBCO. I just ordered Sweet Cashews Seyani Butter, so when I get that, I'll baggy with it and JBCO :yep:

Ms.Honey

Yep, but not as much as I used to. I whole head baggy using the disposible showercaps w/EVOO and honey or whatever is convenient:look:

Nonie

Do you baggy? If so, how often? What product(s) do you baggy with?? I heard that some people use vaseline. How long do you leave the bag on? Thanks for your answer in advance. :yep:

Yes I baggy. Every time I go to bed. When I wear a headwrap. When I'm at home just chillin'. I don't use any products (I'm on a no-product regimen), but when I was growing my bald patch, I baggied with the Essential Oil Blend. I leave the baggy on till I wake up, till I remove the headwrap, till I have to stop chillin' at home and need to go somewhere w/o a hat or headwrap.

Platinum

I'm on a baggying hiatus for now while I'm trying to perfect the moisture/protein balance in my hair.

Ordinarily I baggy about 3 to 5 times per week overnight. I'll use a cream moisturizer or Scurl and seal with Evoo & castor/jojoba mix.

I'm going to try this. My hair is extremely dry now and nothing I try seems to be helping.:sad:

Platinum

I baggy'ed last night with S Curl and BB Oil Moisturizer and my hair was extremely moist this morning.(I forgot to use either/or with an oil to seal) So I just wrapped my hair with a satin scarf today. I don't think I'll do this everyday, just whenever my hair is "desert dry". If I decide to transition to natural, I would use it everday because it really softened my NG.

I may decide to baggy tomorrow night.

vestaluv1

Since finding LHCF:dance7:...YES.
I baggy every night with a shower cap, then i put on a satin bonnet. I moisturise and seal every night too. I cannot believe how much smoother my ends are after doing this for a couple of weeks.
Definately a keeper.

hothair

I stopped baggying cause I didn't see think benefits I was getting could not be gained from frequent co-washing. I also want to get into hair practices I can live with for life and having to wear a grocery bag all night or most of the day is not where I want to be.:ohwell: But it does work for me:yep:

Bublin

How does whole head baggying work on relaxed hair?
Does it come out smooth, straight and dry in the morning or damp?

I was thinking of doing it on dry, pin curled hair - will this work or will i have fizzy hair?

Aggie

I baggy my hair. I do my whole head before bed about 2 - 3 times per week when my hair feels a little dry. This method has saved my ends I must say and my hair seems to love it so I continue to do it.

ETA: I baggy with a water-based moisturizer or lacio lacio or salerm 21 with B5 leave-in conditioners and I would seal with my special oil blend of jojoba, evoo, almond, saffllower, carrot, coconut, and castor oils or sometimes with my vatika or amla oil.

Last edited:

oooop2

Do you baggy? If so, how often? What product(s) do you baggy with?? I heard that some people use vaseline. How long do you leave the bag on? Thanks for your answer in advance. :yep:

Yes...Every night. I used my shealoe concoction. I have one of those satin night caps w/ a built-in plastic cap. It's called Moisture lock satin cap or something like that. I picked up several at a BSS while in Oklahoma. I apply my shealoe concoction, cover my hair w/ my cap and go to bed. Remove in the morning when I get up.

Aggie

Yes...Every night. I used my shealoe concoction. I have one of those satin night caps w/ a built-in plastic cap. It's called Moisture lock satin cap or something like that. I picked up several at a BSS while in Oklahoma. I apply my shealoe concoction, cover my hair w/ my cap and go to bed. Remove in the morning when I get up.

Okay, looks like I have to add these to my wish list for next month.

glam-

I'm glad this thread got bumped. I used to baggy faithfully every night and sometimes during the day under half wigs for probably the first 9 months of my journey. My ends stayed great and my hair thrived. Somewhere along the way I got lazy, but I;m going to start baggying again- in fact, I'm wearing my baggy now. :grin: I usually use whatever moisturizer I'm using at the time.

Aggie

Here is the link ladies:

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/desadrcapwim.html

You can also find in BSS if you don't want to order online. I picked up 3 in OKC for $2.99 each.

Now it's not pretty, and it makes a crunching sound when you turn, but I love it. I just put it on when my husband falls asleep :lachen:

Muah! Hugs and kisses to you ooop2 for the link. Thanks honey. Ima go check it out right now.

ETA: Just added the baggy to my wish list in there. I shop with them but I didn't know they had the baggies. I am in the BUY NOTHING for May challenge so I can't get it yet.

Last edited:

Energist

I only baggy (my entire head) once per week, and that is after I have oiled my entire head, and will be washing it out the next morning. I used to baggy the ends last year to get them in better shape, and I was doing that every other night for about 4 months.

Kirei

Question about baggying- I tried to do my whole head and it would smell kind of soggy, like corn chips:blush::nono:. I would do it when I am about to go out of town or when I am about to wear a wig, but the smell it a :nono:.

I am just scared I will get a fungus or something growing in my head, which with all that moisture and stuff, probably did......:ohwell:

Anyone else get the "smell" and if you did what did you do about it?

Energist

Question about baggying- I tried to do my whole head and it would smell kind of soggy, like corn chips:blush::nono:. I would do it when I am about to go out of town or when I am about to wear a wig, but the smell it a :nono:.

I am just scared I will get a fungus or something growing in my head, which with all that moisture and stuff, probably did......:ohwell:

Anyone else get the "smell" and if you did what did you do about it?

Yes, it smells disguisting when you take it off... especially if you have amla oil all up in it. This is why I can only baggy my entire head if I am able to wash it out the next morning. At night time I wrap my head as tight as possible to avoid the smell, because it does seep through, but my hair loves this method once every week and it's done something to my growth so I will continue.