Any naturals baggy?

Snuckles

I was reading through the "My first head baggy experience" thread and noticed some of the ladies were complaining about poofiness. My question is if you are natural do you baggy? Does your hair shrink alot when using the baggy? If so have you figured out a way to combat the shrinkage?

Thanks.

I am transitioning and very rarely wear my hair out but I braid my hair under my cap when I baggy and I baggy my whole head. If you are worried about shrinkage then I would suggest twisting your hair or doing braids or plats. There are several 100% natural women that are in the 3 month baggy challenge, might want to hit them up....HTH

I baggy my ends at night and I really like it. It gives me VERY slight shrinkage, but I am still better able to manage my hair cause it moisturized and looks neater (less frizzy) for my bun. My hair isn't wet when I baggie, my ends are damp w/my moisture spray. I then put on some Qhemet heavy cream and WGO to seal. Works like a charm!
BTW- I baggie in three sects-two in front and one in back.

Ah - i'm natural and i baggy'd by whole head for the first time last night.

I have natural twists and they always seemed to look dry although i moisturise well.

So...last night i squeezed a small amount of Kids Organic Shea butter detangler in my hands, rubbed together and then rubbed all over my hair.
I then put a shower cap on and put a bonnet on over the top. When i woke in the morning my twists were lovely and shiney and slightly damp.

Shrinkage was minimal and an hour later my hair was no longer damp but still looked great and my twists were swingy. :D

Bagging my whole head is a keeper for me.

You know I was thinking about bagging my entire head but maybe you got the right idea Natstar of onlying doing the ends. And to do it in sections. Good idea!

BlackOut I'll hit up that thread. Hopefully they'll post in this thread so that this info can be available for the next nappy head.

I'm natural and baggy my ends when I have my cornrows in for a least three months. Now my hair is flat iron and trimmed so I'm learning as I go. I will through start to baggy my whole head since it very dry all the time.

I am natural and I baggie my entire head every night. I use moisturizer or leave in conditioner and black Castor oil on my ends and I put the plastic Bonnet over my head I do not use a shower cap. I use the plastic bonnet you use when deep conditioning. then I put a satin or silk bonnet over it and go to sleep. In the morning when I am ready to style my hair I take the cap off and my hair is just so soft and so wonderful to touch I do whatever I am going to do to it then. I add milkshake by Curls to it and twist it a little all around and put a band in it and go. It really is a wonderful thing for naturals. I can't imagine not doing it anymore. I absolutely love it. But here is the thing once you take that cap off your hair will start to dry very fast, rapidly. My hair is dry before I leave out the house in the morning. so be prepared to start working on it right away once you take that cap off. I love it.

My whole head baggie routine is in one of my Forums. This routine eliminates the puffiness etc and gives a very straight result on my natural hair. bonjour

Yes, it is possible, I baggy my whole head and I have a Twa but it is growing very fast because in January I had a "Britney Spears" to what my avitar looks like, I mean I was completely bald and my edges(god bless them) was just so thin and weak and they have grown in mean, I Like the baggy method and it is a simple routine if you always tie your hair up at night. I Love it.

Hey ladies,

I baggy all day under a phony pony and lately I noticed my hair smelled like mildew, so I am trying to let my hair dry out completely at least once a day.

Back