Do any of you wear loose up-dos?

tootybooty

Hey yall

I love wearing my hair in loose updos for everyday styles (I fingercomb my hair into buns, or clipped up with loose ends hanging). I just feel that it is more comfortable for me, but as the day goes on, some loose hairs come out of the updo, and I have some frizzy fly-aways framing my face. This does not bother me in casual settings (going to school, running errands, etc.). I don't use gel or pomade to slick back my hair, but I notice this is what a lot of black and latina women do to look "neat" as an everyday style?? I know that some ladies may not have long enough hair to wear their hair up loosely, but I see even when black/latina women have longer hair, they use something to get their hair hard and make gelled "waves." I wonder.. I generally mostly see people with very curly/kinky hair do this.. and I wonder is this gelled style really just intended to hide the kinks/frizz?

I don't really like putting so much product in my hair, but on the other hand, I wonder how many women I come across who think I look like a hot mess just because I don't have slick up-dos. Yes, I have some kinky, fuzzy edges... does that mean that some may think that my hair isn't presentable enough for everyday, casual wear? I think my kinks are pretty lol.

I wonder if anyone has thoughts about this... Do any of you wear loose up-dos?

Not really loose. My french rolls are generally slicked back with grease or oil and tamed with a scarf. I'm not a fan of gel it doesn't leave my hair with a pleasant feel. I too hate too much product on my fine hair.

Frizz fighting products are big for just about every ethnicity.

Uhmmmmm my whole head is kinky/nappy & I love it soooooo much!

As my hair grows and evens out i'm open to loose updo's but with my varying lengths, kinks, & napps, it's not possible at this time.

I love loose up dos! When my hair was longer I would rock loose up dos all summer long. Loved it

I do, I've been wearing them all week. Too much tension & breakage in the neat look. I like the neat look, but I like the "messy" look too; flyaways, tendrils and all. It's just pointless trying to slick back edges that don't want to be slicked back. Yeah, I got a couple months' new growth. So what? :lol:

What's not to love?!?! I think a loose messy updo looks put together and effortless at the same time. I sleek updo is just at pretty for work or certain settings. I like both.

Back