Discouraged 4a/4bs... Diva's updated her album!!!

AJamericanDiva

Re: Discouraged 4a/4bs... Diva\'s updated her album!!!

I've cut and paste my regimen... don't pay attention to the dates as this was put together a while back... actually, there was 7 months between the April relaxer and this one as well. Hmmmm....

AJamericanDiva’s Regimen

As per your request, here's my regimen:

Shampoo 1/wk with one of the following:
Pantene Relaxed and Naturals
Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo

Condition 2-3/wk with one of the following:
Pantene Relaxed and Naturals
Keracare Humecto
Miss Key 10 en 1 Super Conditioner

Protein treatment every 6 weeks or so:
Nexxus’ Emergencee followed by one of above conditioners

Leave-ins, varies:
Salerm 21
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Serum
50/50 Mixture of Infusium for Dry hair and Infusium for Relaxed and Damaged hair

Moisturizer, dependant on how much I need at the time:
S-Curl
World of Curls gel

Oil to seal in the moisture:
Wondergroo Shea butter mega moisture Protein complex fine mist hair and body oil
Or any other light oil

To detangle massive new growth and take down braids:
Better Braids UnBraid Spray

Relax every 4+ months. There was 7 months between the last relaxer and this one that was done in April due to the fact that 1) I was pregnant and wanted to limit chemical exposure as much as possible and 2) my hairdresser went to Dominican Republic for a good while. I am now 4 months post relaxer. I'll wait until the end of my year long braid-a-thon to relax. I use Affirm Regular strength, but will request Affirm Mild as I don't want bone straight hair. When my hairdresser hits it with the heat, it'll be straight enough. Whenever I get a touch up, that's the only time I get heat on my hair (you know relax, set and blow). It's not like I wear it down anyway and my hair is healthier with a little kink. I think Mild relaxers take longer to work, but I won't allow the hairdresser to go past the recommended time listed on the side of the tub.

Supplements, per day:
Designer Whey Protein shake Chocolate flavor 2 (2 scoop) shakes made twice a day
GNC Women's Ultra Mega- 2 caplets
Evening Primrose- 1000mg
Flaxseed oil- 1000mg
Freeda Super Dec 100 B-Complex-1 caplet
Freeda Biotin- 10,000mcg=10mg
Drink at least 2+ liters of water a day

Hope this helps and I didn't leave off anything.

AJamerican Diva’s Braid Regimen:

Braids are done with 100% Kanekalon hair, no smaller than the size of a pencil. I leave them in no more than 8 weeks, but I haven’t been able to make it past 6 weeks, tops!

1/wk Wash with diluted Pantene Relaxed and Naturals shampoo or Keracare Hydrating/Detangling shampoo

2-3/wk Condition with diluted Pantene Relaxed and Naturals Conditioner or Keracare Humecto

Use a leave-in conditioner that consists of a 50/50 mix of Infusium's Pro-Vitamin Leave-In Hair Treatment in Original (for relaxed, permed, or color treated hair) and Moisturizing (for normal to dry hair)Formulas.

Spray entire hair shaft with S-Curl for Moisture

Spray entire hair shaft with Wondergro Shea Butter Mega Moisture Protein Complex Fine Mist Hair & Body Oil to seal in moisture

As far as my supplementation goes, continue with:
2x day Designer whey protein shake (2 scoops each shake has 36gm of protein, so total protein would be 72gms)

2+ liters of water a day... I drink well over 2 liter, especially since I'm breastfeeding

GNC Women's Ultra Mega (2 pills a day)
Freeda Biotin 10,000mcg=10mg
Freeda Super Dec B-100 B complex
Flaxseed oil 1000mg
Evening Primrose oil 1000mg

That's it.... I paid to have my braids done the last time as I couldn't fathom doing them myself again now that I have the baby distracting me, but I'm considering doing the next set of braids myself... I can control the tension and tightness of the braids that way. The few times I did it, I used Robin's hair braiding video. It really helped!!!

GoingBack

Cool! Thanks AJD /images/graemlins/smile.gif BTW, where do you find 10,000mg biotin pills?

Angelicus

/images/graemlins/blush.gif wow that's some growth!

Ronda123

Thanks for posting your regimen...your hair and your daughter's hair is beautiful! Note to self /images/graemlins/user.gif purchase S-curl for moisturizer.

Isis

You and your daughter have very pretty hair! Thank you for sharing your pics!

brandy

Your such an inspiration. Your hair and your daughter's are beautiful. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Peachtree

Both u & ur baby have beautiful hair! Thanks for sharing.

Country gal

I can't see the pictures. The website is unavailable.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

LOVELY LOVELY HAIR TO YOU BOTH! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

EssentialGrowth

Simply breathtaking!
I have been a lurker on this board for the past several months now, and finally decided to join the forum. During my lurking days I always admired your hair pics, and I am amazed at where you were and where you currently are. Simply beautiful, both you and your daughter's hair. You are another inspiration of my own. Thanks for sharing dear and keep growing those lovely stresses! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

Diva /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif Always providing wonderful inspiration!!

You and your daughter's hair look so beautiful!!!

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
kitty18 said:
Cool! Thanks AJD /images/graemlins/smile.gif BTW, where do you find 10,000mg biotin pills?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, Kitty!
I just realized that was a typo. I take 10,000mcg of biotin which is equal to 10 mg of biotin. I take Freeda biotin and get it from here. Koshervitamins.com The good thing is that I only take one a day.

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
sbaker said:
I can't see the pictures. The website is unavailable.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/wallbash.gif... as usual!

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
EssentialGrowth said:
Simply breathtaking!
I have been a lurker on this board for the past several months now, and finally decided to join the forum. During my lurking days I always admired your hair pics, and I am amazed at where you were and where you currently are. Simply beautiful, both you and your daughter's hair. You are another inspiration of my own. Thanks for sharing dear and keep growing those lovely stresses! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you're two inches from brastrap. Do you think you'll get there by December?

AJamericanDiva

Thank you, Everyone!!! We're glad that we're inspiring and encouraging people!

aikaa71

Hey Diva,

That’s phenomenal growth for you and your daughter, keep up with hard work.I always enjoy reading your posts and updates. Your little papa is so adorable.

ms_kenesha

WOW, your daughter's hair grew so much from April until now! You & your daughter's hair are definitely a 4a/b inspiration!

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
WOW, your daughter's hair grew so much from April until now! You & your daughter's hair are definitely a 4a/b inspiration!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Ms. Kenesha! I've been dying to look at your pics since you've relaxed, but I don't see your password in your signature. Can you PM it to me?

AJamericanDiva

Oh yeah... someone PMed me asking me my height. I am around 5'8"... maybe a tad shorter.....

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
saddity1 said:
Wow! Your hair looks awesome. Wonderful growth! /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gyal, I just looked in your album. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Whoa, Nelly!!! It's quite long and it isn't even straightened (sp? brain in shock). Do you ever plan to straighten it to see how long it really is? Beautiful!

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
Carlie said:
BEAUTIFUL!!!!
BEAUTIFUL!!!!
BEAUTIFUL!!!! I feel so encouraged after seeing your TU pics! /images/graemlins/clap.gif Keep up the good hair care! /images/graemlins/up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Carlie, I'm dying to see your pics! Where are they? We have to encourage one another with our photos. I took hairgrowing seriously after seeing others' photos, i.e. Adrienne, SuperGirl just to name a few... so I wanna do the same for others! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lorraine

<font color="brown">I'm late but was about to PM after I came across your album but luckily I saw this thread. Your hair is beautiful and your growth is amazing and encouraging. /images/graemlins/smile.gif</font>

Mahalialee4

AJ &amp; Miss K: Don't let good hair go to waste! Grow it to the WAIST! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gifInspiring photos...beautiful hair. Bonjour

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
Mahalialee4 said:
AJ &amp; Miss K: Don't let good hair go to waste! Grow it to the WAIST! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gifInspiring photos...beautiful hair. Bonjour

[/ QUOTE ]

Où avez-vous été Madame ? Ou est-ce mademoiselle ? Where have you been? Don't go crazy with the French on me either, as I'm trés rusty!!!

A lot of people are pushing me to go for waistlength, but whew!!! That's a challenge!