Different Products when you are stretching relaxers?

crlsweetie912

Ladies:
I have been stretching for about a year now. Average time is about 3 months in between touchups. Question is, do you have products that work better on your freshly relaxed hair than on your 2-3 month post relaxer hair?

I purchased the Profective Mega Growth deep conditioner and used it last month. I was about 5 weeks post, but I was majorly underprocessed. It did nothing for me. But when I tried it this past weekend after my relaxer WOW!:eek: smooth, silky, moisturized hair. Now I am thinking about going to the PJ graveyard and testing out all of the stuff that was a MAJOR MISS for me in the product department and seeing if it makes a difference. What has been your experience?

I have found that my watery leave ins are more effective when I am stretching..like the Biolage Detangling Solution really shines when I am 12-13 wks post relaxer..I NEED that detangling to get to my roots. Also, my Mizani products aren't as effective the longer I go, so I tend to use them right after a relaxer and for the first month or so after relaxing. Then I switch over to my heavy hitters--Kenra or Nexxus Humectress

Pretty much everything worked better for me when I was freshly relaxed versus having 3-4 months of new growth. :lol: But no seriously, I've revisited products I didn't particularly care for at a later date and they worked better for me. IDK why but that's why i don't throw stuff out right away.

Back