Did you have success with Biotin?

Have you had success with Biotin?

• Total voters
I was taking biotin earlier in the year, the individual 1000 mcg pills you take 5 times a day. My hair was shedding so I stopped taking it. Then two months ago, I switched to the 5000 mcg capsule, and I've had no problems at all. My hair is growing fast, no weight gain, no shedding, no acne other than the pimples I get before my period. This is a keeper for me :yep:

My nails grew REALLY fast, but I had the worst gas! It just wouldn't stop!:lachen: I can laugh now, not then though.

I honestly didn't use it long enough to see results. Or maybe I did. I don't know, but I pretty much finished a decent size bottle and didn't see any type of improvement.

I took biotin back in 2007. Wost breakouts ever. So I stopped.

I had breakouts with them but since I have PCOS I never new if it was from that or the biotin. But if I take them with a multi-vitamin then I have no breakouts. To be on the safe side I use a anti acne cleanser. But my hair grows an inch when I use it.

I voted YES.

I used Nioxin Recharging hair vitamins for 90days STRAIGHT!! I added 2caplets of VitaminShoppe 300mcg Biotin with it. I did not skip even one day! I started on Sept 13, and ended on Dec. 13th. Here are the results of Nioxin & biotin for 90 days:

Attachments

• nioxin_biotin.JPG
    nioxin_biotin.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 42
I have got good results from Biotin, i been taking it about 4 months now.. I notice my hair is stronger and my nail grow fast and thick as well, so i take that as a good sign,.. but u will experience breakouts from it, i just drink alot of water and take it with a vitamin c tablet, no breakouts for me.

I gained good length, but mostly its been noticeably thicker. I didn't notice it until I started taking biotin w/ MSM and other HSN vitamins....or maybe it was a combo of the vitamins plus DCing, low- mani styling, and actually consciously caring for my hair. I got breakouts during that monthly time, but thats normal for me. I try to drink more water. Getting a good skin care reggie helped that, tho. Clinique has a good acne line

yes but it does cause acne without any other vits to balance out. I notice when I take my multi, msm and biotin i don't have breakouts... ;)

I have success with Biotin.
It's a keeper.
I get 3,000mg in the hsn vitamin I take, and I take two 5,000mg capsules daily.

That's a total of 13,000mg daily. I see the results almost immediately in my nails and skin. My hair is stronger and it sheds less than normal. The length usually comes about couple of months after I get back on a biotin stretch.

I would like to try this but I i dont think I ever will:nono:
All the talk about acne and such scurrs the heck out of me..
I would honestly rather be bald than have bad acne..

I have seem growth with my hair from biotin as well but no acne breakouts at all. The picture below was taken in late November approximately 10 after my main screen picture. I have been taking 5000mg per day everyday.

Attachments

• 1206092146[1].jpg
    1206092146[1].jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 20
Taking biotin an a super b complex is the only thing that prevent and gets rid of the bumps as well as a lot of water intake.

I didn't have that much success, but i hear you have to take it for a month or two to get it in your system. Hope this helps :drunk:

Taking biotin an a super b complex is the only thing that prevent and gets rid of the bumps as well as a lot of water intake.

Julie is right. I take both biotin and super b-complex and drink at least 64 oz of water every day. During my first month of taking biotin, I had gotten a couple of zits, but I didn't stop taking it. I just kept drinking more water. It's been months later and I no longer have any bumps at all.

Also my hair has gotten a lot thicker. Since I'm also taking MSM that may have something to do with this also. I heard that it is best to take b-complex with biotin to stabilize the biotin.

I have not noticed anything. It hasn't been 3 months yet though, after that I will have a good time span to say if it has helped.

Ive been experiencing great growth with biotin ...I take it with my multi and super b complex in the mornings and no breakouts ...I've been using it since maybe November of 09'

YES! I take biotin and super B complex (to prevent breakouts---read that somewhere in one of these threads) and have not had a problem with breakouts at all. I've noticed significant growth using this method, usually about 1/2-1inch in about four weeks. I also rotate my use of biotin----on for four weeks and off for four weeks, don't know why but I remember reading a thread recommending it...

I take Biotin with a Super B Compllex and have not had any break outs. I also take GNC HSN. Altogether 8000 mcg of Biotin with no breakouts. My hair is so thick, soft and I alwasy seem to have new growth.

Tyra we have almost the same vitamin regimen. You have me wanting to try taking two 5000 mcg of biotin a day. I'm going to try this and hope i dont break out. Ive been taking vits since February 2010. I need APL by Dec!

Just a note the figures for biotin people have posted should read mcg not mg. Example GNC vitamins have 1200 mcg's of biotin which is equal to 1.2 mg. If you are taking 1000's of mg's of biotin that would be a lot.

I think the HSN ones are 2500 mcg (2.5 mg) and vitamin worlds are 3000 mcg (3 mg)

I take 4000 mcg units of biotin daily with no breakouts. I am sure it is contributing to the growth of my hair. I just look at my nails and see how much they grow with biotin amazing~

i took biotin for about a month...i noticed my nails grew and my grew about an inch that month..but it grows a little over half and inch anyways...im just super lazy when it comes to takin pills

I've been taking biotin for about 2 months my nail are super strong. I mean usually they r strong but i think I bumped them 50 times hard over these 2 months and and they have yet to break this includes my toes nails. my hair is thicker and I do believe it's growin. No solid proof of this but nails are really fab....

Im taking andrew lessmans hair skin and nails which has 3,600 mcg's of biotin in it plus I pop an additional 10,000 mcg's.No problems.

Back