Did MN Change Your Hair Texture?

Did MN Change Your Texture?

• I used it while transitioning and noticed a change.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I used it while transitioning and didn't notice a change.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I used it while natural and noticed a change.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I used it while natural and didn't notice a change.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

davisbr88

Hi, ladies:
I am interested in trying MN as a growth aid and was wondering if anyone experienced a change in texture while using it. I am transitioning so I don't want to risk messing up my texture before I even get a chance to see and work with my natural hair. What are your experiences?

I havent noticed much a difference in my hair....well with all the oils I use, it's hard to tell but my hair is extremely soft....(yes transitioning)

I havent noticed much a difference in my hair....well with all the oils I use, it's hard to tell but my hair is extremely soft....(yes transitioning)

What was your mixture? I saw something about mixing equal parts with Capsazin(sp?) cream and hydrocortisone...

What was your mixture? I saw something about mixing equal parts with Capsazin(sp?) cream and hydrocortisone...

I dont know anything about those 2 mixtures :lachen: but in the beginning I was mixing mine with olive oil (creme) and now I switched to carrot oil/creme.

I dont know anything about those 2 mixtures :lachen: but in the beginning I was mixing mine with olive oil (creme) and now I switched to carrot oil/creme.

Lol. I have the ORS carrot oil cream so maybe I will try that. Do you have any specific measurements, or did you just do equal parts?
How is your growth going? How long have you been using it?

its going on 2months and yes I noticed growth within the first week honestly. I just mix it, i dont measure, lol what I did with the olive oil is, I mixed the whole jar with a full tube of mn and then used another 1/4 of another tube of mn. I applied to my scalp every day. I use profectiv hair lotion or shea butter oil moisturizer (which smells good btw) on my ends. I wrap my hair up and it seems to be doing fine. oh and another thing I do is use coconut oil (not 2 much) on my scalp once every 3-4 days, I dont do it every day because that stuff makes it oily...but also makes my hair soft.

its going on 2months and yes I noticed growth within the first week honestly. I just mix it, i dont measure, lol what I did with the olive oil is, I mixed the whole jar with a full tube of mn and then used another 1/4 of another tube of mn. I applied to my scalp every day. I use profectiv hair lotion or shea butter oil moisturizer (which smells good btw) on my ends. I wrap my hair up and it seems to be doing fine. oh and another thing I do is use coconut oil (not 2 much) on my scalp once every 3-4 days, I dont do it every day because that stuff makes it oily...but also makes my hair soft.

SOLD! I have about a half a jar of ORS carrot oil cream left so I will mix in maybe 3/4 tube of MN to that, which is perfect since I hate that cream alone... lol. What kind of MN did you use? 2% or 4%? And I LOVE coconut oil so I will definitely be following that 3-4 day recommendation. Thank you soooo much! This is such a great help! :grin:

Went out and bought the MN 2% today! It was on sale at Kroger for $4. Yaaay!
Mixed a full tube with a boatload of crap: carrot oil cream, MegaTek, Dr. Miracle's Leave-In and Intense Spot Serum, DooGro, and some other stuff... I can't wait to see what will happen!

Back