MSM users who did NOT experience change in texture

DragonPearl

Did anyone using MSM NOT experience a change in texture?

For those of us not wanting change in texture, please post which MSM you used, and the dosage. I started using MSM 1 week ago to boost hair growth, and I don't want to experience a change in texture. Thanks y'all for your help!

ChasingBliss

I dont think that there is a particular MSM that does not cause a slight change in hair texure. I think it just happens over time. But the change from my understanding and my experience is just a looser, softer yet stronger curl pattern...nothing so drastic that it would be unwelcomed. I dont even know if I would call it a change in texture, but maybe it is to some.

offthechainliz

Everyone it different. From what I've read, some may be laking in the nutrient and that's where the change comes
from which is kinda sort of their "true" hair type.

I'm a anywhere close?

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
I've taken MSM for the last 2.5 years in several brands & doses. For the last 1.5 year I've taken NSI Opti-MSM at 3000mg per day. I never experienced any changes in hair texture.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
i never noticed a change. i take the Vitamin Shoppe brand 1000mg capsule...

[/ QUOTE ]
I never noticed a change either. I take the Vitamin Shoppe POWDER brand. It's got the OptiMSM trademark on the front of the container.

inthepink

Hmm, I guess how do you really know you had a change in texture? I often wonder this so I guess I can't say for sure...I mean, maybe I am conditioning my hair a little better than I used to? Heck, I just don't know for sure.

ChasingBliss

[ QUOTE ]
offthechainliz said:
Everyone it different. From what I've read, some may be laking in the nutrient and that's where the change comes
from which is kinda sort of their "true" hair type.

I'm a anywhere close?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh okay, well then maybe that was the case with me because there was a difference in how my hair felt.

ChasingBliss

I was able to tell because I relaxed my hair. The new growth pre MSM was different from the new growth post msm. New growth post msm was stronger, the wave pattern was looser. Hairlove, with all your natural growth you might have to check the hair growing closest to your scalp to detect a difference if there is any. Hope Im making sense.

DahomeyAhosi

I use GNC MSM (for about 2 years). I haven't had any change to my texture because of MSM. I didn't notice anything different as far as my texture goes until I started using silica.

offthechainliz

well, I definitely noticed a difference in hair texture. I've posted this before but I've used 3 different brands.
1 kaire which is an optiMSM it gave me way softer new growth my curl pattern also loosen but not that much. If I could afford it I probably wouldn't have went on a quest to find another brand
next, I tried spring valley brand by Wal-Mart and though my hair grew almost an inch that month it was way coarser then usual and this was right after the kaire so I was already beginning to enjoy softer new growth. this brand was very cheap but my new growth was so hard that it could barely comb my hair and as soon as the 4 week mark came I had to relax. (I didn't learn till later that Wal-Mart brand is inferior. In a 1000mg capsule only about 350 is organic sulfur the rest is just filters and preservatives
)
3rd brand I purchased trimedica. (lingusil msm) I can see the waves growing in at my hairline rather then naps. I no longer need to brush the front to get the naps to lie down, they do on their own now. all I know is that I'm very happy with this brand and I'm almost 4 weeks post and I'm not feeling like relaxer time is approaching when I comb my hair. when I feel the back I don't feel any real difference in new growth
sometimes I wonder if that hair back there is even growing at all now. I now it has to be though cause that's the fastest growing part on my head.

It has also given me other benefits like added enery, I don't really sleep in class anymore
, I seem to concentrate better now. so I think I was difinitely missing it from my diet.

Solange

Re: MSM users who did NOT experience change in tex

I didn't notice any extra growth or change in hair texture either. I use the Puritan's Pride MSM Powder. I bought two bottles. When they are finished I'm not sure if I will buy more msm since I don't see any results on my hair. I'm trying to cut back on the amounts of different supplements I'm taking anyway.

offthechainliz

I bought my trimedica brand for 17.97 it has 240 capsules in it I take 4 a day. It will last me a little over 2 months so that less then $10 a month!

LABETT

I take Puritan's Pride MSM capsules did not really notice change in texture I think newgrowth was softer than usual.

Aerie17

Maybe I was deficient in sulfur or something, but I definitely have noticed a change as well but only after having been on MSM at least a month. Since my last relaxer, about 7 weeks ago, my hairline is barely different from my relaxed texture with the exception of the hair at top of my head. I can feel the difference there, buddy! This is also where my hair grows fastest. The nape hair is exceptionally soft and smooth as well as all around the hairline and on other parts of my head. I use the Vitamin Shoppe brand, 1000mg, once a day. It features OptiMSM. I won't be giving it up. This cycle, I have noticed a lot more growth. Don't know what it is, vitamins, products, including the dreaded "S" once a day at the scalp etc., but will keep up my regimen. I seem to have found something that works well, at least for this season.

offthechainliz

I got it from a trimedica website. I'm not sure if I can put the active link on here. I thought I read something about not doing that. so just do a such on googles 'trimedica pure msm'. but don't go to the company that sells it cause it will be more $ go to the trimedica site itself.

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
offthechainliz said:
I bought my trimedica brand for 17.97 it has 240 capsules in it I take 4 a day. It will last me a little over 2 months so that less then $10 a month!

[/ QUOTE ]

How much msm does that brand have per tablet? It's not like the spring valley brand that has a bunch of additives- 1000 mcg pill for 340 of real msm is it?

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
offthechainliz said:
I got it from a trimedica website. I'm not sure if I can put the active link on here. I thought I read something about not doing that. so just do a such on googles 'trimedica pure msm'. but don't go to the company that sells it cause it will be more $ go to the trimedica site itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

could you somehow direct me to the link or post a "non active" link because there are so many places that sell it. I don't know which one to go to.

Ennyaa

They sell the powdered trimedica MSM in the Vitamin Shoppe. That's where I've always gotten mine from.

Boadicea

I've used MSM for a long time and didn't experience a change in texture. I guess I was just getting enough of it anyway in my diet and so therefore it was already the texture it was supposed to be. Now that I don't take it, it's still the same texture it was before and during.

offthechainliz

soslychic, the bottle says 1000mg capsules. but since it's in capsule form I'm not sure how much of it is just pure msm. all I know is that I'm getting very good results. after reading tee's post, I'm considering taking the powder form which is the only guarantee that all is 100% pure.
now if I get even better results I stick with it if not I'll stick with my beloved trimedica capsules

oh yeah, I got it from myvitanet.com.

kandyland

I emailed Trimedica and they said that the capsules are 100% pure organic sulfur.....that is why you probably got dramatic results taking it.

Blacktresses

Bump !!!
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
i never noticed a change. i take the Vitamin Shoppe brand 1000mg capsule...

[/ QUOTE ]
I never noticed a change either. I take the Vitamin Shoppe POWDER brand. It's got the OptiMSM trademark on the front of the container.

For those taking the powdered form of MSM how are you measuring 1000mg ?