Den1- This ones for you!!!

Lioness

Hey Den 1!! :wave:

I'm new to the board, but since lurking for a long time, I remember your posts and pics!!!Beautiful...just lovely!!

I too am 100% natural and since finding this board have gained a lot of insight into caring for and thus achieving natural, long hair.

I also saw the improvement in your friends hair from your help.
My hair is very similar to your hair ( but my hair is jet black ), about mid back, near armpit when starightened :thumbsup: :clap: and I'm taking vitamins to help the growth rate along. I don't wash very often (I wash once every three weeks) as the water here in London is quite hard. :scratchch

I may be posting my progress pix real soon if I can hook up a fotki account.

I have a question for ya if you don't mind....

Which produts are you using now, and
Which vitamins are you taking now? I remember you were getting a ton of growth with your vitamin regimen!

Bliss
x

Last edited:

Nanyanika

Hello Summa Bliss!!
Thanks for the surprising shout out and compliments... great you live in London too.
I would love to see pics of your hair, from your desciption it sounds beautiful.

As for the products i use... i alternate all the time... my main ones are:

Deep conditioners, nexxus humectress, lekair cholesterol cream occasionally
vo5 conditioners for conditioner washes,
Elasta QP Mango butter, coconut oil, world of curls activator,homemade braid spray consists of (glycerin, water, vo5 conditioner, coconut oil, rosewater) used daily to replenish moisture levels.
Affirm reconstructor every 3rd week
shampoos by Elasta QP, Keracare, Nioxin, Nexxus, Elucence. every other week
Occasionally i use MTG on my scalp. I wear braids most of the time too.

I've stopped taking my vits, i plan to resume shortly when i'm settled, i'm quite busy now.

The last vits I took were:

LIGNISUAL MSM
FLAXSEED OIL
BIOTIN
B-100
AMINO ACIDS

Last edited:

Mahalialee4

Hey Den1: I was looking at your nape line and your hair is coming in all wavy and silky looking. Your hair looks so soft. Anyway, I have been doing the ends sealing treatment with the foil and my narrow narrow glass plated glide. I really think it is making a difference in my hair shaft and ends. Been doing the cholesterol thing too but no braids. I guess you would call it a combo of Cathy Howse and The Hair Lady. I was surprised that you only did the MTG occasionally. I thought you would be like 2-3 a week. I can't use the Surge, it just refuses to cooperate with my scalp. Still on my vitamins and my hair is growing. Oh, I do the MTG regularly and am trying not to stress my hair. Nice to see your post, lady. Bonjour.

Nanyanika

Mahalialee4 said:
Hey Den1: I was looking at your nape line and your hair is coming in all wavy and silky looking. Your hair looks so soft. Anyway, I have been doing the ends sealing treatment with the foil and my narrow narrow glass plated glide. I really think it is making a difference in my hair shaft and ends. Been doing the cholesterol thing too but no braids. I guess you would call it a combo of Cathy Howse and The Hair Lady. I was surprised that you only did the MTG occasionally. I thought you would be like 2-3 a week. I can't use the Surge, it just refuses to cooperate with my scalp. Still on my vitamins and my hair is growing. Oh, I do the MTG regularly and am trying not to stress my hair. Nice to see your post, lady. Bonjour.
Hi Mahalialee4
glad your hair is thriving on the new regimes
My hair is weired, the back half is type 3 and the front is type 4---. MTG and surge is great i was using it once a week, i don't have time for all the hair stuff anymore, plus i'm skint lol, i try to keep things simple now. Are you noticing extra growth with MTG? I'll be back on vits consistently soon. I've just ordered some auburn coloured henna for my hair, i plan to use it as a conditioning treatment and reconstructor, is it true that it has a temporarily loosening effect on the curl pattern of the hair too?

locabouthair

Mahalialee4 said:

hey what vitamins are you taking?

locabouthair

den1 said:
Hi Mahalialee4
glad your hair is thriving on the new regimes
My hair is weired, the back half is type 3 and the front is type 4---. MTG and surge is great i was using it once a week, i don't have time for all the hair stuff anymore, plus i'm skint lol, i try to keep things simple now. Are you noticing extra growth with MTG? I'll be back on vits consistently soon. I've just ordered some auburn coloured henna for my hair, i plan to use it as a conditioning treatment and reconstructor, is it true that it has a temporarily loosening effect on the curl pattern of the hair too?

i was looking at your album the other day den and you have beautiful hair!

ichephren

Den1, are you still taking l-cysteine? What dosage were you using when you were on the vitamin challenge with Jazzangel? TIA :)

Mahalialee4

Re: Vitamins: I was taking MSM, Biotin, Jamiesons Multi Vitamins, Liquid Aminos, Okinawa Coral Calcium, Liquid Vitamins, Pantothenic acid , GNC Hair Skin and Nails and Foti pills.. (just recently, and now I have simplified things. I hate taking a lot of pills. ...((( Now I make a shake with bottled water, 1 (1000mg. Pantothenic Acid, a banana (for postassium), black current concentrate, Blend it, to which I also add the Okinawa liquid coral calcium, my liquid B vitamns, my MSM, (1/4 tsp) and 4- tbls. of my liquid GNC 1500 liquid aminos.)))That is my breakfast shake. With my lunch I take my multi.vitamins.. >2 Physician Formula Total Health antiaging, that consists of Vit C, vitamin B6 vitB12, Vitamin E, flax seed and selenium< Throughout the day I take my Foti pills (thanks to Den1.) So aside from my morning shake, I am taking 2 multis, and 4 tiny foti. Not bad for streamlining eh?
and Den1 re: henna, yes it does have that loosening effect, but you have to rinse it and shampoo it regularly to get the full benefit of the texturizing because if you don't your hair will feel stiff and maybe dry. Be sure to oil it well (like an EVO and leave it in overnight and shampoo it out next morning)to combat this. With the MTG...it's my miracle in a bottle. LOL Happy Hair growing. Oh how much growth are you getting each month, and did it slow down when you slowed down the vitamins? Bonjour

Nanyanika

ichephren said:
Den1, are you still taking l-cysteine? What dosage were you using when you were on the vitamin challenge with Jazzangel? TIA :)
i've taken a break from l,cysteine, yep i remember that challenge between Jazzangel and I, i won lol

Nanyanika

Mahalialee4 said:
Re: Vitamins: I was taking MSM, Biotin, Jamiesons Multi Vitamins, Liquid Aminos, Okinawa Coral Calcium, Liquid Vitamins, Pantothenic acid , GNC Hair Skin and Nails and Foti pills.. (just recently, and now I have simplified things. I hate taking a lot of pills. ...((( Now I make a shake with bottled water, 1 (1000mg. Pantothenic Acid, a banana (for postassium), black current concentrate, Blend it, to which I also add the Okinawa liquid coral calcium, my liquid B vitamns, my MSM, (1/4 tsp) and 4- tbls. of my liquid GNC 1500 liquid aminos.)))That is my breakfast shake. With my lunch I take my multi.vitamins.. >2 Physician Formula Total Health antiaging, that consists of Vit C, vitamin B6 vitB12, Vitamin E, flax seed and selenium< Throughout the day I take my Foti pills (thanks to Den1.) So aside from my morning shake, I am taking 2 multis, and 4 tiny foti. Not bad for streamlining eh?
and Den1 re: henna, yes it does have that loosening effect, but you have to rinse it and shampoo it regularly to get the full benefit of the texturizing because if you don't your hair will feel stiff and maybe dry. Be sure to oil it well (like an EVO and leave it in overnight and shampoo it out next morning)to combat this. With the MTG...it's my miracle in a bottle. LOL Happy Hair growing. Oh how much growth are you getting each month, and did it slow down when you slowed down the vitamins? Bonjour
Wow, your taking tons of vits, this reminds me of my exstensive vit regimes, my hair grew like crazy. how do you like the fo-ti?, it made my texture, thick, dark and richly textured. i can't really tell how much grow i'm currently getting, i've been wearing my hair in a bun for the last five weeks, i'm gpoing back to braids next week. Thanks for the advice on the henna.

ekomba

You hair looooooooooooks so great Den1 i looove your natural hair, texturized everything! i was impressed at the time with your extensive regime and it made me look at ways to maximize growth from vits Nice bun too!

ekomba

Hey Mahalialee for wow what a powerful shake question: what does the okinawa coral calcium do and what is fo-ti

Mahalialee4 said:

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
You hair looooooooooooks so great Den1 i looove your natural hair, texturized everything! i was impressed at the time with your extensive regime and it made me look at ways to maximize growth from vits Nice bun too!
Aww thank-you for the compliments you ladies too nice, your making me blush, here. i feel a bit guilty because i haven't been keeping up my regime, plus i've been thinking of texturizing again to loosen my coils lol. I'm gonna keep transitioning for as long as i can cope.

Mestiza

den1 said:
Hello Summa Bliss!!
Thanks for the surprising shout out and compliments... great you live in London too.
I would love to see pics of your hair, from your desciption it sounds beautiful.

As for the products i use... i alternate all the time... my main ones are:

Deep conditioners, nexxus humectress, lekair cholesterol cream occasionally
vo5 conditioners for conditioner washes,
Elasta QP Mango butter, coconut oil, world of curls activator,homemade braid spray consists of (glycerin, water, vo5 conditioner, coconut oil, rosewater) used daily to replenish moisture levels.
Affirm reconstructor every 3rd week
shampoos by Elasta QP, Keracare, Nioxin, Nexxus, Elucence. every other week
Occasionally i use MTG on my scalp. I wear braids most of the time too.

I've stopped taking my vits, i plan to resume shortly when i'm settled, i'm quite busy now.

The last vits I took were:

LIGNISUAL MSM
FLAXSEED OIL
BIOTIN
B-100
AMINO ACIDS

Your hair looks beautiful! :clap: :clap:

Do you find that there are some VO5 conditioners that work better than others in your homemade braid spray? TIA! :)

Nanyanika

Mestiza said:
Your hair looks beautiful! :clap: :clap:

Do you find that there are some VO5 conditioners that work better than others in your homemade braid spray? TIA! :)
Thankyou, i'm wondering why i'm getting so many compliments today, i should stay away more often.

Metiza, I have noticed that vo5 strawberries and cream, sunkissed raseberry are the worst ones, my hair can't tolerate them. the best ones for the cocncotion are creamy fresh peaches or free me freesia.

Mestiza

den1 said:
Thankyou, i'm wondering why i'm getting so many compliments today, i should stay away more often.

Metiza, I have noticed that vo5 strawberries and cream, sunkissed raseberry are the worst ones, my hair can't tolerate them. the best ones for the cocncotion are creamy fresh peaches or free me freesia.

Don't you stay away from us, Den1! We'll have to put out an APB for you. :lol:

Our hair likes the same VO5 conditioners! I must try your recipe! Thanks, Den1 :)

Nanyanika

Mestiza said:
Don't you stay away from us, Den1! We'll have to put out an APB for you. :lol:

Our hair likes the same VO5 conditioners! I must try your recipe! Thanks, Den1 :)
LOL girl, great your hair a vo5 fan too!!! i hope you enjoy the product. if you decide to try it let me know what you think of it.

Mahalialee4

I know...it sounds like I am taking a lot but doing the shake thing means I am getting 90% of it in the shake. And it tastes good, that's the main thing. You cannot taste that horrible vitamin medicine taste, ooooohhhhh! And the Foti are such little pills. The 2 multis go down easy as they are in capsule form and not too large. If I just do the shake and the foti and multi, that can take me through a whole day. Now I am just waiting for my black castor oil to arrive and hoping to get some masketi from a lady who promised to send me some. Then I have some more surprises coming and I am excited ya'll.
Here are a couple of sites re: the Foti and the Okinawa Coral calcium supplements.
http://www.herbalremedies.com/herbal-remedies-usa/heshouwu.html
http://www.herbalremediesinfo.com/HOSHEWU.html
http://www.zlabs.us/bioccal.html
http://www.4yh.com/product.asp?cook...eHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=70 This can explain it better than me.
The other thing about the Foti is that apparently it keeps your hair in the growth phase longer. Bonjour