Den1... questions for you :) .

ThursdayGirl

Hi Den!

I have admired your albums for a long time and I have followed your hair journey for a couple of years now. You have beautiful, long hair... texturized or natural. I was wondering why you're transitioning to natural only to texturize again... especially after being natural for so long. I am transitioning to natural now and while a texturizer is tempting... I want to try working with my natural texture for awhile... I was just curious about your transition...that's all... please don't be offended.

Thanks!

sprungonhairboards

Come out come out wherever you arrreee :lol:

I could be mistaken but I think I read Den may have had some uneven textures she wanted to grow out. I know she had done a corrective at least once. Then I think she had a bad experience and had to cut alot from like waistlength.

I wanna know too! Her hair always looked great to me and she inspired me to wanna texturize, I bought my Phyto, as soon as I got the nerve to do it she started transitioning! :eek:

hopeful

chocolate01 said:
I was just gonna say maybe these questions are more appropriate for a pm.

*runs out of thread*

:lol:

But seriously, I recently saw the thread Den started when she decided to texturize again. If I find it I will bump it up for ya.

ETA: Just bumped up the thread.

Last edited:

Nanyanika

YOU NOSY THINGS LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm currently streching my relaxer out to get rid of uneven textures processed by unprofessional stylists, I like the texturized look because i don't wish to wear my hair in its natural state all the time, and the texturizer defines my tight coils, lessens shrinkage. When you've been natural for 25 years, you really die for a complete change lol, plus i love to see the length of my hair too, and the shine and softness it gives my hair, my hair holds moisture better than when i was natural. I love both natural/texturized looks, its all hair to me irregardless of using chemicals or not.

Nanyanika

sprungonhairboards said:
Come out come out wherever you arrreee :lol:

I could be mistaken but I think I read Den may have had some uneven textures she wanted to grow out. I know she had done a corrective at least once. Then I think she had a bad experience and had to cut alot from like waistlength.

I wanna know too! Her hair always looked great to me and she inspired me to wanna texturize, I bought my Phyto, as soon as I got the nerve to do it she started transitioning! :eek:
Your post is making me laugh when i read you bought the relaxer, then i decided to transition LOL, thank-you for the compliments.!!!

ThursdayGirl

den1 said:
YOU NOSY THINGS LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm currently streching my relaxer out to get rid of uneven textures processed by unprofessional stylists, I like the texturized look because i don't wish to wear my hair in its natural state all the time, and the texturizer defines my tight coils, lessens shrinkage. When you've been natural for 25 years, you really die for a complete change lol, plus i love to see the length of my hair too, and the shine and softness it gives my hair, my hair holds moisture better than when i was natural. I love both natural/texturized looks, its all hair to me irregardless of using chemicals or not.

Cool, cool! Thanks for answering :) . I definitely feel you on the holding moisture better part....