Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

I am in. This will help me to not be lazy because deep conditioning works so well for me. I use Patchouli85's DC preepoo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NegFfvnthBg. I don't do the same conditioner or mayo. It really has worked well for me. I think I am going to do it every 2 weeks though and just DC with my Optimum Care OptiPH conditioner if I don't preepoo dc.

Ok so I pre-poo'ed with castor oil for about 30 min. Then Shampooed with ORS creamy aloe and DCing now with ORS repleneshing. Feelin' sleepy, so I may just go to bed with this stuff on my head.

have KBB deep condish (pomegranate guava :lick:) mixed with AO HSR and avocado oil...will keep this in until tomorrow afternoon

Can I join please?

This is my starting pic
DSC05813.jpg

My staple deep conditioners are:

Aubrey organics Honeysuckle Rose
Hairveda Sitrinillar mask
Shescentit Banana Brulee

I also use oils:

Coconut oil
Vatika frosting
cocasta shikakai oil
Olive oil
Oil blend

For protein treatments:
Aubrey Organics GPB
ORS hair mayo (I ran out of it thought and when I went to buy it, I realized the big tub has mineral oil, so I am not sure I want to use it again, we will see)

Last edited:
I wanted to join this challenge a while back, but I wasn't subscribed then.
Please add me to the list Shay72.

I plan on deep conditioning once a week. Right now I will be alternating with the following two conditioners:

Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol
Lustrasilk Placenta and Jojoba Cholesterol

After I use these conditioners up, I will probably try something else. I just want to experiment with the whole moisture/protein balance thing (and I decided to do it with the cheapest conditioners possible lol).

I think I will eventually get back to my old staples, AOHR and GPB.

I need to check and see how many challenges I've joined for 2010. I keep joining (or thinking of joining:lachen:) and I can't remember whats what.

Deep conditioning now with Lustrasilk SBC Plus Mango for 30 min under dryer. I've been wearing twists for forever and I think my scalp wants to be free of parts. So I'll wear it out for the first time in a LOOONG time and see how that goes. :look:

I wish I could join, but I just can't see myself deep conditioning my hair three times a week. That's too much work for me or my stylist. I wish everyone well, though.

I am in. I will DC once or twice a week, using one of these:
- YTC mud mask
-ORS replenishing pack
- Baba de Caracol
- Joico Kpak reconstructor
or a mix of misc cond that I don't like + coconut oil , till they are all gone

I wish I could join, but I just can't see myself deep conditioning my hair three times a week. That's too much work for me or my stylist. I wish everyone well, though.

Rule #2 states you only need to dc a minimum of once a week.

Just finished applying Anita Grant Rhassoul Clay and Coconut Milk
Rinsed thoroughly
Applied AOHSR to overnight moisturizing DC (I got lazy)

Ok I am back with my starting Pic. I hope to try SIlicon Mix in the future.

Attachments

• dc-horz#4.jpg
    dc-horz#4.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I know the challenge hasn't started but.....

I dc'd yesterday with the Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol. It was total garbage, so I threw it away. I left it in my hair for several hours using just a shower cap (no heat). My hair was so incredibly dry (and felt so gross-my ends were so stiff) that I thought I was going to have to clarify and dc again. However, I used a shea mix (shea and evoo) that I made for my mother. My hair went back to being soft, thankfully.

I went ahea and purchased the AOHR conditioner. I don't think I'm going to be experimenting with protein/moisture balance. I do like the GPB, but I never noticed a difference (as it relates to the whole moisture/protein balance thing-However, the conditioner excellent.)

*Ahem* let the challenge sign up continue

I know the challenge hasn't started but.....

I dc'd yesterday with the Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol. It was total garbage, so I threw it away. I left it in my hair for several hours using just a shower cap (no heat). My hair was so incredibly dry (and felt so gross-my ends were so stiff) that I thought I was going to have to clarify and dc again. However, I used a shea mix (shea and evoo) that I made for my mother. My hair went back to being soft, thankfully.

I went ahea and purchased the AOHR conditioner. I don't think I'm going to be experimenting with protein/moisture balance. I do like the GPB, but I never noticed a difference (as it relates to the whole moisture/protein balance thing-However, the conditioner excellent.)

*Ahem* let the challenge sign up continue

Hehehe I guess I got overly excited. Forgot the challenge doesnt start until Jan 2010:)

I better jump in here while I can. This thread really got going quick. I am so excited so many people wanted to join.

:welcome:

I will be dcing 2x/wk with steam
1x/wk will be with a protein dc on dry hair
1x/wk will be with a moisture dc on wet hair and possibly over night

Deep Conditioners:
Hairveda's Sitrinillah
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment
Giovanni's Nutrafix Reconstructor
Giovanni's Magnetic Reconstructor
Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner
Claudie's Hair Revitalizer Protein Conditioner

I forgot to write my thingy.

I will be DCing at least once a week, and will do twice a week if my schedule lets me.
I usually DC under heat for about thirty minutes to an hour, but my DC may stay on my head anywhere from two hours to overnight, just because I'm very lazy. :look:
Also, I'm going to try to get in on the steamer deal, so hopefully, I can start DCing with steam this year. :grin:

The conditioners I will be using are:

Conditioner Mix (out of old conditioners that need to go, with oils and honey)
HB Olive Cholesterol
ORS Replenishing Pak
ORS Hair Mayo
Silicon Mix
Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner
Nexxus Humectress
Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
KeraCare Humecto Conditioner
Silicon Mix

Last edited:
I know this is early but its better than never....

I DC using CON-Purple yesterday for 10 mins.

Today I deep conditioned using NTM Pure Strength Conditioner Treatment mixed with Matrix BIOLAGE Cera-Repair Treatment, I sat under the heating cap for 1 hour and then rinsed. I did 2 strand twist that I am currently air drying. I also co washed with HE Hello Hydration.

Back