Deep Conditioning These Braids Yes or No?

Mook's hair

OK, so I did my braids 2 weeks ago. (Pictures are posted in my album if you want to see). I usually don't deep condition while I'm wearing braids because I'm afraid it will cause them to loosen too much.

They are bigger than micros but smaller then pencil sized. I used wet n wavy human hair, so they are loose at the ends which also makes me wonder if deep conditioning will cause some to slip out.

I spray on Diluted Infusium Daily and also African Royale Braid Spray every morning. I don't wash them with shampoo or conditioner very often but I usually pour a cup of warm slightly soapy water over my scalp twice a week.

I don't have any build up or flakes yet.

I need your input, ladies. Is it a good idea to deep condition while I'm wearing these or should I just wait until I take them out at the beginning of September?

cutiebe2

You should be DCing with braids
My rule is that I treat my hair the same wheather I am in braids or out

HoneyDew

I never "deep" condition my braids. I have tried and it just does not work - conditioner not rinsing well, etc.

I just use leave in conditioners instead of braid sprays and that works well for me. Most of the "braid sprays" just don't condition and moisturize well enough for me. So I just use nice leave-in sprays often. I have my favorites that I know give me good results.

Poli

I never "deep" condition my braids. I have tried and it just does not work - conditioner not rinsing well, etc.

I just use leave in conditioners instead of braid sprays and that works well for me. Most of the "braid sprays" just don't condition and moisturize well enough for me. So I just use nice leave-in sprays often. I have my favorites that I know give me good results.

ITA. I have been wearing braids for 10 years and I have never DC:nono:. I only use a leave in:yep:.

InnerSoul

when I do get my braids.. I am going to try to deep condition...so that my own hair will be conditioned as best as it can while it is braided up.:grin:

baby42

I use a liquid one my lekair. it is easy for me to wash out.:yep: i pat it in so i dont mess up my braids. and if some do mess up i can redo them my self.

Mook's hair

Hmmm, OK so now I need recommendations for Leave-ins to use on these braids. (Other than infusium which is a protein)

Bint Yusef

Yes. I slid a few of my twists out today and see the detriment of not keeping up my normal routine!:nono:

I did DC today but I diluted the conditioner half with water.

I will now be treating my braids/twists just like my real hair.

Wash once weekly
Clarify once a month
Weekly DC....ALL diluted.

I am using the Eqyss Avocado Spray Mist for moisture.

eta: Mook do you have hair added to your braids? It just dawned on me that you might not have extensions...ooopsies:grin:

Last edited: