Deep Conditioning in braids

jaeisjazz

Hey,

I tried doing a search but couldn't find the answer to my specific question. I understand you can deep condition hair when it's in braids (my own hair) but do you have to mix it with water for it to work? I currently use Lustrasilk Tea Tree which works great when I don't have my hair in braids but I'm keeping these in for a while for protective styling. So basically will just using the DC as it is work with no build up?

Cheers!

sunbubbles

Hey,

I tried doing a search but couldn't find the answer to my specific question. I understand you can deep condition hair when it's in braids (my own hair) but do you have to mix it with water for it to work? I currently use Lustrasilk Tea Tree which works great when I don't have my hair in braids but I'm keeping these in for a while for protective styling. So basically will just using the DC as it is work with no build up?

Cheers!

Im in mini braids right now (my own hair).I CW 3-4x/week and DC 1-2x/week and I dont have any buildup. I always DC after my weekly shampoo wash. I follow the same routine when Im in twists. As long as your rinsing it out good enough, and not using too many cones there shouldnt be a problem. HTH!

Blessed2bless

Hi JaeisJazz,
I am currently in braids and I dc with heat... i rinse really well and call it a day. I do not dilute my conditioner. I haven't had a problem with build up thus far...go to www.growafrohairlong.com this is a very helpful site on taking care of your hair in braids...
HTH

jaeisjazz

Well I haven't shampoo washed it in a while...just cowashing really and using shea butter as a moisturiser so I'll give it a try this weekend and see how it works out! Just gotta remember to rinse well...

Thanks for the link as well Blessed2bless - very useful!

kimmy89

i wear braids back to back, and i cowash, and dc frequently, i've never had a problem with build up/