Deep Conditioners with no silicones, parabens or "bad" alcohols...

Fine 4s

Can you please list your favs?

I had to pass on several DCs from the beauty supply store because of harsh cones, parabens and some alcohols I'm trying to avoid (only because I HEARD they were bad). For some reason, I couldn't place my order for Silk Dreams Vanilla conditioner online.
I ended with CrecePelo, a dominican DC. I need to have a min of 16 oz.
I wanted something different from Queen Helene. Otherwise, that's a go-to for me.

Can you please spell out the full name of the product (s) no abbreviations please. Thank you much! :yep:

I feel like if you want something truly free of all those things you should make it yourself I've never seen any dc without undesirable ingredients

Brands you can look at could be:

Silk dreams (on vacation till September, but she occasionally post the vanilla silk on an etsy account)
Darcy's Botanicals
Bee mine
Jessicurl
Hairveda
Annabelle's Perfect Blends
Shea moisture
Curl Junkie
BASK beauty (on vacation until September? too it think, but there's a site you can order from still that's listed on their site)
SheScentIt
Camille Rose
Eden Bodyworks
And I think Karens Body Beautiful

They all have DC's without the ingredients you named.

OP Crece Pelo def isn't the type of con you are looking for with your description, but I love it. No one on the board talks about it anymore but DC with it using heat.. : lick:

I agree with the last poster, it may be easier to make your own. That way you know exactly what is in it and it might be more cost effective in the long run. Naptural85 on yt has diy recipes you can try.

If you are willing to order from handmade vendors online or shop at a health food store I suggest the following brands:
Darcys Botanicals
Naturelle Grow
Aubreys
Hydroquench Systems
Shescentit

Darcy's pumkin seed and their deep conditioner
Naturelle Grow's deep conditioners -- all of them lol

Darcys Pumpkin Seed is the BEST conditioner I've ever tried in my life. I just deep conditioned with it last night, and my hair feels like butta!

Lately, 16oz deep conditioners are few and far between; most vendors seem to favor 8oz jars for some reason. Still, my favorite paraben and silicone-free 16oz DCs are:

Hairveda Sitrinillah DC
Hairveda Methi Sativa Tea Set (a highly moisturizing protein-laden conditioning set)
Shescentit Banana Brulee DC
Shescentit Avocado Conditioner (a phenominal all-in-one product, e.g., detangler, cowash, DC, leave-in)
Shescentit Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor (the most moisturizing protein-laden conditioner I’ve ever encountered)

Just in case, my favorite 8oz/9oz DCs are:

BASK Vanilla Whiskey Reparative Hair Soak
BASK YAM Nectar Intense Hair Nourisher
Blue Roze Beauty Cocoa Coffee Rhassoul Hair Mask
Shescentit Riche Moisture Masque

(FWIW, combining a bit of the Bask Yam with the Vanilla Whiskey DC is an exceptional DC combo)

@MsKinkycurl

all alcohols are not created equal.

Aubrey's Honey Suckle Rose contains a bad alcohol. "alcohol denat", i.e. ethanol with additives to discourage people from drinking it, as the third ingredient. The old formula from a few years ago was alcohol free.

Aqua, cetyl alcohol (from coconut), alcohol denat. (38b, lavender), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, fragrance‡‡, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, glycerin, rosa rubiginosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) seed oil*, macadamia ternifolia seed oil*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, argania spinosa (argan) nut oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E), calendula officinalis extract*, chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower extract*, melissa officinalis (balm mint) flower/leaf/stem extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, humulus lupulus (hops) flower extract, magnolia biondii bud/flower extract, lonicera japonica (honeysuckle) flower extract, angelica archangelica root extract, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) seed extract.

Aubrey's Honey Suckle Rose contains a bad alcohol. "alcohol denat", i.e. ethanol with additives to discourage people from drinking it, as the third ingredient. The old formula from a few years ago was alcohol free.

Aqua, cetyl alcohol (from coconut), alcohol denat. (38b, lavender), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, fragrance‡‡, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, glycerin, rosa rubiginosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) seed oil*, macadamia ternifolia seed oil*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, argania spinosa (argan) nut oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E), calendula officinalis extract*, chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower extract*, melissa officinalis (balm mint) flower/leaf/stem extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, humulus lupulus (hops) flower extract, magnolia biondii bud/flower extract, lonicera japonica (honeysuckle) flower extract, angelica archangelica root extract, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) seed extract.

Interesting that fragrance is the fifth ingredient.

PJaye

Because people are more likely to buy 8oz instead of 16oz. So if you want the larger size just buy two if the smaller. Doesn't make sense to me either, but it based on demand and supply. So if no one is buying 16oz why offer it? I learned that a few years back.

I do agree with you though.

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner

5Adkj9HZ5j_Giovanni_50_50_Balanced_Remoisturizer_Gallon_128_Oz..jpg

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, *Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract, *Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Orange) Extract, *Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, *Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract, *Echinacea Purpurea Extract, *Ginkgo Biloba Extract, *Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, *Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract, *Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract, *Salix Alba (Willow Bark), Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Natural Fragrance

*Certified Organic

Available in liter and gallon sizes from New Life Systems and Massage Warehouse. Google codes for the best discounts as both sites are owned by the same company.

Last edited:
Back