Bad or old Relaxer applied to my hair at a salon

tbaby_8

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I received a touch up, and my scalp was burned, which normally doesn't happened with the Mizani Fine/color relaxer. I always use this one. But on this occasion, it burned like fire. My co-worker based my scalp and applied the relaxer and before she finished the first section my scalp was already tingling. I sat the because I wanted to get it done. By the time she finished I couldn't take it anymore.

She rinsed me and applied seabreeze so I wouldn't have scabbs and applied the moisturefuse, but my hair seems like it is shedding and I am talking really long strands.

This was over two weeks ago and I have done a protein treatment with nexxus emergencee and a dc treatment with one of my dominican conditioners, but I am still shedding and I mean BAD>:wallbash: I don't know what to do. I am starting to get scared because it hasn't stopped. Yesterday I went to sally's and bought the aphogee 2 min protein pack. Do you guys think it will stop the shedding or at least decrease it? I don't want to be bald and I really don't want to cut my hair.:wallbash:

Please Help!:cry3:

I'm really sorry this happened to you. I would suggest a garlic shampoo to stop the shedding, although I learned that hear on this board and haven't tried it yet. I've heard it works and always said I would try it if I had really bad shedding.

Drink plenty of water and give your hair MOISTURE. I think that's what it needs, I would do a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment and put it in a soft bun with lots of moisturizing leave-in and let it alone for a few days. I would also oil my scalp. I don't know why this helps me, but the few times where I've received a burn I oil my scalp in that area specifically and try not to manipulate my hair. :yep: That always works, specifically if I use Vitamin E oil.

I wouldn't suggest using any "new" products or more protein. Your hair isn't breaking, it's shedding, so treat the scalp and the body internally. Please post again and let us know how things are going. Try your best to be gentle with your hair and not grow frustrated.

My hair did this before after a professional relaxer. I basically took the methods you are now. It went through its phase anyway, but I didn't lose all of my hair, nor its length. It just ended up being terribly thin.

What i kept in mind was all the tips I have learned here. I DC twice a week alternating every other week w/a protein conditioner. I have learned a lesson on over-protein. Its hard to recover from that, but possible.

Years ago I accidentally used a bad or old relaxer and like you my hair shed and shed and shed. It was awful. This was before I found LHCF so I didn't know anything about galic conditioners or aphogee. In the end, I lost A LOT of hair, ended up getting a short cut, and then wearing a weave for about a year. A bad relaxer can do a lot of damage. I hope you can resolve the problem quickly. (((Hugs)))

Thanks guys. I think I will use the Aphogee treatment this weekend. I will try to use ORS tonight or tomorrow night. I am currently wearing my hair in high pony tails and loose buns. I pray I don't loose to much because I already have thin hair.:cry:

I think garlic shampoo is best for you since is shedding. this happened to me also and you are lucky because i have breakage that i am trying hard to cease but it wont stop:rolleyes:

Back