DEALING WITH MATTED HAIR FOR 12 HOURS!!

India*32

I just removed med size box braids. I had them in for 8 weeks. It took 5 hours to braid, but 6 hours of combing, detangling. My head is sore and had to take 2 Tylenol due to headache. After awhile, I probably was pulling/combing out some hair, but that matted stuff is no joke. I used conditioner and grapeseed oil to comb through. I plan on wearing box braids for 1 year to grow out N/L hair, but I don't know if I can deal with this mess.

mshoneyfly

I just removed med size box braids. I had them in for 8 weeks. It took 5 hours to braid, but 6 hours of combing, detangling. My head is sore and had to take 2 Tylenol due to headache. After awhile, I probably was pulling/combing out some hair, but that matted stuff is no joke. I used conditioner and grapeseed oil to comb through. I plan on wearing box braids for 1 year to grow out N/L hair, but I don't know if I can deal with this mess.

sharmeans
I love your hair. I bet the new cut brings out your beauty even more :yep:

India*32
Sorry you had such a hard time with your take down. I used to get single braids, micros and twists all the time. I never had a prob with matting and tangling. I used to spray a little oil on my braids down the length every two days or so. The hair would absorb the oil quickly. I would smooth the braids with fingers to make sure it absorbed down the hair shaft. It would penetrate to my own hair and keep it soft and hydrated. My ends would always come out nicely and those knots at the base were easy to untangle and comb through to get out the shed hairs.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
OMG Im so glad to hear someone else has troubles with garnier fructis. Usually if I have a lazy hair week, I can detangle and keep moving. Ive had mats before that I was able to detangle with no problem. Seriously it wasn't until I used their products that it got this bad. It may work for some, but I will no long use their products ever. :nono:

Actually....now that u mentioned it, my hair got tangled and matted when I started using my garnier fructis leave in again! I loved it when i was telaxed, but I hadn't used it during my ENTIRE transition, which was about 24 months. The week I got those mats, I had added their leave in cream back into my regimen because I like the way it makes my hair feel. That was the ONLY addition to my regimen that I could pin point. I had only used it twice. The week of the knot nightmare and the week before.

Transitioners and stretchers be forewarned about garnier.:nono:

Last edited: