Daily rinsers/ conditioner washers.....I need your advice

I have an interest in trying daily rinses/ conditioner only washes and I have a few questions:

1. When are you rinsing your hair? In the morning or evening?
2. How do you style your hair for the next day?
3. What products are you using?
4. Have you found rinsing/ COs beneficial to your hair?

Thanks ladies!!

foxybrownsugar

1. when are you rinsing your hair? In the morning or evening? both in the summer i do it in the morning and winter in the evening
2. How do you style your hair for the next day? flat twists or buns then scarf until i'm ready to go or i scarf the bun/twists overnight.
3. What products are you using? el chepos! my hair is too thick and takes alot of product. I'm enjoying vo5 tea therapy, passion fruit smoothie & v05 oasis water lily/vitamin E (pink bottle) right now. I want to try oasis almond/honey soon.
4. Have you found rinsing/cos beneficial to your hair? GIRL YEAH, THANK GOD FOR THE WOMAN WHO INVENTED THE CURLY GIRL METHOD AND THANK GOD FOR THE WOMAN WHO BROUGHT IT HERE TO LHCF! I had read about it on other hair message boards but i didnt know what they were talking about. I saw it explained here.:) I know i would not have made it transitioning this far without it. It tames/softens the roots and area where natural meets perm. I have had very little breakage. But i still poo once a week. My last relaxer was in jan and i hope to be done cutting by jan 06 or soon there after.

Jewell

1. I rinse in the evenings.
2. I let it airdry and I put it in a bun for the night and tie with my scarf. The next day I wear a bun or I may spritz it w/ a little water to get rid of the bumps and wear it down.
3. I use Creme of Nature Nourishing Conditioner and I spray EVOO on my ends after I wet my hair before applying the conditioner. Sometimes I use NTM or Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol.
4. Helps tremendously with the softness, shine, and elasticity of my hair. Also makes stretching my relaxers easier by softening and keeping the new growth conditioned. I think it helps with growth also by the daily or semi-daily stimulation of the scalp and the cleanliness of the scalp.

Cincysweetie

Mermaid0684 said:
I have an interest in trying daily rinses/ conditioner only washes and I have a few questions:

Thanks ladies!!
1. In the evenings after my workouts.
2. Usually a bun.
3. Suave Naturals Milk and Honey Conditioner, Coconut Oil, and a moisturize like Clairol's Vitapointe. Sometimes if I skip a day, I'll re-wet the hair with my glycerin/water/evoo/honey mix and then moisturize.
4. I think it's very beneficial for my hair, especially now that I'm 11 weeks post. Keep my hair detangled and moisturized which is very hard! I think my hair likes it!

**Side notes...One, I had to learn early on that it's not necessary for ME to detangle every day. I was losing too much hair this way. I detangle once a week, when I shampoo and condition. With co washes I will apply the suave, rinse, then apply more and cover with a plastic cap while I shower, etc. Then I rinse and finger comb, apply my products and style. Two, I do not always co wash every day, I would say I co wash 3-4 times a week and shampoo another day...which puts me at washing 4-5 times a week. That's considered daily for me. My hair loves it!

carameldiva

1. i co wash in the morning.

2. i use vitamin fortified hair conditioner(concentrate) purchased at www.thechemistrystore.com , capillo miel y leche creme rinse puchased at www.sickbay.biz or and saloncare conditioner puchased at sally's beaty supply

After i co wash- i briefly towel dry my hair and then spritz it with my glycerin, water and rosemary oil mix.

I primarily wear my hair in a shruken fro daily(i don't pick it out)

3. Co washes are important for me because they keep my hair soft and moisturized. I have been doing them for 2 1/2 years now.

wadadligyal

1. I co wash in the afternoon or at night
2. A bun or roller set w/ satin covered rollers and airdry
3. I co wash w/ VO5 Tea Therapy then use EVOO then MTG followed by lavender essential oil
4. Co washes are very essential especially when streching a relaxer or when just trying to maintain a fresh healthy look keeping my hair soft and manageable

Hurray for cowashes!!!!!!:clap:

wadadligyal said:
1. I co wash in the afternoon or at night
2. A bun or roller set w/ satin covered rollers and airdry
3. I co wash w/ VO5 Tea Therapy then use EVOO then MTG followed by lavender essential oil
4. Co washes are very essential especially when streching a relaxer or when just trying to maintain a fresh healthy look keeping my hair soft and manageable

Hurray for cowashes!!!!!!:clap:
miss wadali you have a pretty flag. Its so beautiful

Angelicus

1. When are you rinsing your hair? In the morning or evening? I always wash my hair after exercising, whether it be morning or evening. I refreshes me.

2. How do you style your hair for the next day? I wear my hair in a bun if I wash my hair in the morning. If I wash my hair at night, I set my hair for a twistout (indivdual two-strand twists secured with a small roller on the ends)

3. What products are you using? Cheap conditioners like Suave, VO5. I highly reccomend getting a Gallon sized conditioner like the ones found at Sally's.

4. Have you found rinsing/ COs beneficial to your hair? Of course! It makes my hair thicker, supple, and keeps me from playing in my hair.

wyldcurlz

1. When are you rinsing your hair? In the morning or evening? In the morning, after my workout.
2. How do you style your hair for the next day? I style my hair for the day in a bun or pull it back into a ponytail and run condish or gel or curly pudding thru the length of my ponytail.
3. What products are you using? When I CW - I use cheapy stuff like VO5 Tangerine Tickle or Tea Therapy or Suave Conditioners. For my daily rinses, I rinse the hair then run a good conditioner in my hair (usually Matrix Curl.life or Elucence MBC) then rinse that out then apply some Jojoba Oil to my hair once its towel blotted dry.
4. Have you found rinsing/ COs beneficial to your hair? Yes. I'm new to daily rinsing but my hair doesn't have that dry feeling. It used to get dry in the under-canopy part. But now, its not dry anymore! I love it!

debb

Mermaid0684 said:

Thanks ladies!!

I Co-wash in the evening.

I two-strand twist overnight

Recently started Aveda.

Yes, it keeps my hair soft and nice smelling.

Tene

I co wash everyday in the morning

I just let it airdry and clip it up

V05, Neexus, Redken, Biolage, Eqyss

Very beneficial, my hair stays soft and moist

Last edited:

Country gal

1. When are you rinsing your hair? In the morning or evening? in the morning
2. How do you style your hair for the next day? I wear a wash and go, or low pony tail
3. What products are you using? Pantene conditoner for relaxed and natural hair
4. Have you found rinsing/ COs beneficial to your hair? My hair seems to be really thriving. I believe the frequent washing plays an important part.

atlien11

- Usually CO at night.
I bun it up and secure it with the scarf. I like the waves it produces :)
Im hooked on Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Cond. I use Giovanni Direct as a leave it and put some Avacodo Butter on the ends.
I love this method!!! I can now stretch my relaxers out further and the "Neat Bun" look suits me well at my job

shiningstar84

1. When are you rinsing your hair? In the morning
2. At night i do two strand twist, two strand flat twist, cornrows, or plaits all over
3. What products are you using? Pantene Hydrating curls
4. Have you found rinsing/ COs beneficial to your hair? Yes my hair is more moisturized and less dry.

ajargon02

Mermaid0684 said:

1. When are you rinsing your hair? I do this in the summer, early fall only

In the morning or evening?
both morning and evening.

I am a natural, so I do shake and go's or twists

suave conditioner, honey hemp conditioner, and whipped pudding

for me it is. I am low poo. I shampoo once every 2 weeks. I have found that most shampoo's strip my hair something terrible. I love the shampoo bar from oyin though. It's really great

Thanks ladies!!

I hope that helps. Good luck to you. Hope that helps

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I rinse in the am before work and add a dollop of gel and scrunch n go.
In the pm I Cw and put my S curl in before bed. I sweat alot during the day at my job so it is necessary for me to this twice. Next winter my hair should be long enough to do braids or twists.:yay:

Doll

For those who are using MTG, do you re-apply it after each CW? I just got some and would like to know how many times to apply it if I CW at least 2 to 3 times a week. Thanks!