Daily & Frequent washers - how do you find the time?

naturalmanenyc

How do you manage to wash so often? I am considering washing twice a week but am not sure how it will fit into my schedule. I have no intention of washing at 5 - 6 a.m. (before work at 8:30 a.m.).

Are most of you washing at night?

How do you manage to wash so often? I am considering washing twice a week but am not sure how it will fit into my schedule. I have no intention of washing at 5 - 6 a.m. (before work at 8:30 a.m.).

Yup, I do it at night mostly. But oftentimes, if I skip a night, I do it first thing in the morning.

I don't see myself as a frequent washer--I just wash 2x each week. I have it down though as far as time and I start early evening, using the overnight time too. I started this when I first came to LHCF. :)

I do it every morning when I shower. I lay my edges down with a scarf and so on. I don't have a job yet (start in March) so I don't know what I'm gonna do then. But since I just go to school now, I just throw on a half wig and a hat. And I'm always looking cute. lol.

I wash my hair in the morning when I shower. I find the time works for me. Most days, it's simple because I put my hair in a pony or 4-6 twists and either wrap it in a towel or sit under the dryer for 5-10 minutes. This makes it dry enough so that by the time I get dressed and leave home, my hair is either dry or close to it.

There are some days when I will get up an hour earlier (or get to work later) and roller-set my hair.

i do this more often in the warmer months. in winter, leaving the house with a wet head is just :nono:

i still co-wash or wet my head several days a week though. i like it. :yep: plopping helps get all that excess water out, then i just diffuse the rest of the way if i have somewhere to be early in the morning. i get up early to work out though, and don't leave the house until around 10 a.m. a few hours of Mommy-time and then an hour spent on my son and we're out the door.

you make time for what you want i guess. only once a week i wash/detangle/fully style my hair... after that i just co-wash/rinse if the curls get smashed in my sleep, and later in the week i just wear a puff. it gets tangly but then i detangle at the end of the week so it all works out. :yep:

off topic but, nice progress with your hair!!! what are YOU doing??:grin:

I wash in the morning while I shower. I really does not take too much time to do. Since my hair is short I just let it air dry.

Thanks ladies. I'm gonna have to try washing more often.

I am washing once a week right now. My products are CON (diluted with water) & dc with ORS Replenishing conditioner and then rollerset with Shea Moisture shea butter leave-in.

I changed up this week though since I had some breakage. I did a dc on dry hair with Herbal Essences Break Over & used a clarifying poo (Purify by Curl Friends) - then rollerset with my shea moisture leave-in. The breakage slowed but did not stop. I am guessing the "cones" are blocking moisture and I need to wash again tonight. Now that I understand the sciene a bit more, it made no sense for me to dc with cones on dry hair. Cones seal in moisture so I should have used the HE conditioner after washing. I was trying to avoid the shower hop by doing my dc on dry hair....but it backfired.

If I start washing more though, there will just be no time to rollerset and get under the dryer. And the funny part is - I work from home 3-5 days per week. Even still, some days I am so busy in my home office that I do not even eat until 6 p.m. That is my type A showing though.

Last edited:
I shampoo every morning after I workout. I rinse every night before I go to sleep. Sometimes I wash twice (If I've had multiple workouts during the day.)

I don't know what you mean by "finding the time". I find time every morning to shower, so I wash and condition then. I find that the less time I take doing this, the less breakage and manipulation.

That's when I wash mine. While I'm taking my shower.

Thanks ladies.

So many of you are doing wash & go styles? I am texlaxed (just starting out) so with 3 textures of hair on my head (NG, texlaxed & relaxed straight) I cannot do wash & go styles.

Any ideas?

i wash at night, set my hair in about 10 - 12 pincurls, let it airdry overnight, and get up about 10 minutes earlier than usual to take apart the curls and pin them up into a cute poofy updo.

Back