Dabur Vatika Masks/DCs Master Review List

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
A search did not show that this entire product line was covered in a single thread. Let's do it here :grin:

Dabur Vatika Hair Mask & DC users or interested folk: share your stories! Let’s discuss this line in detail.

For those that haven't tried it yet, Dabur Vatika Masks and DCs are an Ayurvedic line (but not all natural) that costs ~$5 per tub on the ground (however, I've seen it as much as $15 online :blush:!!). There's lots to choose from for any hair issue in existence, it seems :lol:.

Share your experience with us:
  • Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning, color treated?
  • Which one(s) have you tried? Please detail the exact products and experience & with each (fragrance, consistency, results on and off hair, long term results, etc).
  • Which were hits and/or misses?
  • Any other details of note?
  • What's on your list to try next?
Here are pics of some of the Dabur DC/Mask products. There are more but here's a few:

BLACK SEED

Refereshing Lemon

Virgin Olive Deep Conditioning (with almond and henna)

Garlic Growth Mask

Night Repair Cream

Hair Fall Control

Egg Protein Mask

Volume & Thickness

HHG!

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.

Share your experience with us:
  • Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning, color treated? Natural
  • Which one(s) have you tried? Please detail the exact products and experience & with each (fragrance, consistency, results on and off hair, long term results, etc).
    • Garlic Growth Mask--This is a staple. It works! Super slippy. It doesnt smell garlicky at all. Has a nice soft frangrance and did make a little growth spurt for me. However, that did not last past the first month. This my hair got used to it. So I'm laying off it for a while. It left my hair very moisturized and detangling is a non-issue.
    • Virgin Olive DC--I got volume for days! It does not leave the hair super soft, so I THINK it has a little protein in it (I didnt check). But there were no detangling issues and no need to use a moisture DC afterwards (for me).
    • Egg Protein Mask--love it! Nice mid-level reconstructor. Smells like baby oil :lol: Since using this weekly for the last 4 months, I've found I dont need to do heavy proteins (yet). I leave it on for 15mins to half an hour and I'm good to go. Generally, a moisture DC is needed afterwards.
  • Which were hits and/or misses? No misses yet! :)
  • Any other details of note? They all seems to have a custard-like consistency and soft frangrances that don't last on the hair very long. Fine with me.
  • What's on your list to try next? Black seed or night repair if I can find it.

CocoGlow

DarkJoy

Thanks for this thread!

When you say they are not all natural ...do you mean they have "bad" ingredients like mineral oil, petroleum, silicones, etc?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
@NappyRina. To be clear:

There are no Silicones or Mineral Oils in the Dabur Vatika DCs. However, their other products are full of them.

They are some chemical names I have no idea of what they are though :look:. I'm sure a quick google would solve that, but really, it's so rare for me to find a product that works for my fine hair and sensitive scalp that I'm not gonna look a gift condish in the mouth :lol:

ETA the ingredient list for the lemon. IDK what methyl..whatever is. IDC at this point either :look:

Attachments

• lemon.jpg
    lemon.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

CocoGlow

DarkJoy

I feel you girl ... it's awesome when we find something that works wonders for our hair ... especially when it's CHEAP!!! :grin:

I did a search for the ingredients for the Masks and you're right they may not be all natural but they do not include any of the so-called "bad" ingredients like Mineral Oil, Petroleum & Silicones... the Methyl- ingredients at the end are preservatives

Dabur Vatika Virgin Olive Oil Deep Conditioning Mask
Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Olea Europaea (Olive), Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Extract, Parfum, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolionone, Methylsothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Cl 16255, Cl 19140, Cl 14720, Cl 73015, Cl 28440.

Dabur Vatika Deep Conditioning Hot Oil Treatment
Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive), Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Extract, Parfum, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolionone, Methylsothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Cl 16255, Cl 19140, Cl 14720, Cl 73015, Cl 28440

Dabur Vatika Egg Protein Deep Conditioning Mask
Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Parfum, Honey Extract, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Marrow Extract, Egg Powder, Olea Europaea (Olive), Fruit Oil, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolionone, Methylsothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Cl 19140, Cl 42080, Cl28440, Cl73015, Cl16255, Cl14720.

Dabur Vatika Black Seed Hair Mask Treatment Cream
Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Nigella Sativa (Black) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Parfum, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolionone, Methylsothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Cl 19140, Cl 42090, Cl16035, Cl16035, Cl15985, Cl28440

Dabur Vatika Garlic Hair Mask Treatment Cream
Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Parfum, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Extract, Yoghurt Extract, Sativum (Garlic) Extract, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolionone, Methylsothiazolinone, Citric Acid

Dabur Vatika Refreshing Lemon Deep Conditioning Mask
Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Climbazole, Parfum, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolionone, Methylsothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Melaleuca Alternafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Cl 19140 (FD&C Yellow No.5)

** So far it appears that the ingredients for the Olive Oil Mask and the Hot Oil Treatment Mask are almost identical and the rest are unique.

I'm so looking forward to everyone's reviews for these inexpensive conditioners. Most conditioners that are in this price range are full of the "bad" ingredients mentioned above and usually don't contain these types of herbs & extracts. The only thing I see may be an issue for me is possibly having to add oils to the ones that seem to have none.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Thank you RavenSR for that research. I was scared to look myself! :lol: But that preservative doesnt seem so bad.

Thank you too NappyRina for laying down the ingredients lists for each product.

I've seen these products mentioned by others on LHCF and was hoping they would pipe up with their own reviews and experiences as well.

BranwenRosewood

DarkJoy

No problem. Sometimes I don't want to look up ingredients either because the product looks good and it works. I use ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo and I will not look up everything on the ingredient list because I know that if I do I'll stop using it.

Atdow71

I didn't know they had all of these products. I want to try the black seed (mainly because the bottle is pretty):lol:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Hello! Forgot about this thread.

I have since tried the lemon mask. My scalp rebels so thats a no go for me. Unfortunately my hair likes it and it has a nice fragrance.

Still got the garlic and olive/henna as staples. The egg is real good but I've been trying other reconstructors just to not be bored. Lol

I got black seed in my cart so its up next

gorgeoushair

DarkJoy
Where are u getting the black seed one from? I tried buying this online this past weekend and thought I found a site through google that offered free shipping. I checked out and everything and.even got confirmation and tracking and then got a refund email from paypal. I was confused cause I didn't know why they would refund me my money. I found out a day or two later they emailed me but.it was in my spam box saying something was wrong with their site because it wasn't calculating the shipping.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
DarkJoy
Where are u getting the black seed one from? I tried buying this online this past weekend and thought I found a site through google that offered free shipping. I checked out and everything and.even got confirmation and tracking and then got a refund email from paypal. I was confused cause I didn't know why they would refund me my money. I found out a day or two later they emailed me but.it was in my spam box saying something was wrong with their site because it wasn't calculating the shipping.

gorgeoushair its on Amazon.com :yep:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
The only better deals are on the ground. Online markup is ridiculous. All of these deep conditioners are $5 at Indian markets. Hell I might just go friday.... screw the markup.