Naturals Dabur Vatika Is My Best Friend!

sterry

Hello Ladies,

I have been using an Indian oil Dabur Vatika for some time now. I have always loved how it rejuvenated my natural hair. My daughters type 3a curls seem to bounce more and spring perfectly.
But, I never new the beauty of such a perfect press with this oil until a week ago.
So I washed with Soft Sheen Carsons break thru, conditioned with Bath & Bodyworks Frizz and Sleek conditioner rinsed and then applied the Dabur Vatika for about 30 mins. I rinsed and then blow dried with my 1875 ionic ceremic blowdryer. I could already tell the difference.
I then flatironed on a medium setting.......and WOW WOW it looked as if I had relaxed. And the comb out was smooth. Very little hair loss.

http://www.indousplaza.com/data/products/beauty/o_details.asp?ProdID=307

LaNecia

ITA!! I just discovered this oil about a month ago, gave my mom some and we're hooked! She asked me if I'd relaxed my hair, I said no mom, I'm almost 14 weeks post relaxer!

Wow is right! :up:

Sistaslick

I love it too and I'm relaxed. Dabur Vatika is a staple oil for me. I also have the Dabur Amla and Dabur Amnol oils. Great oils.

LaNecia

What is the Dabur Amnol? I have the Brahmi Amla, which I love but the SO hates the smell. I recently got Almondol oil which is so light, it almost shouldn't be classified as an oil.

Sistaslick

ooops! I meant Dabur anmol... not amnol.:lol: It is just like vatika except its 100% coconut oil rather than the mix of coconut, henna, lemon and herbs like vatika. It melts a lil easier than the vatika, but I love them both.:D

LaNecia

Thanks Sista!! I'll keep an eye out for that one....there are so many oils to choose from at the Indian store....it's bad....cause they're not expensive!

Sistaslick

I get mine from the local indian store. But sometimes I order online from www.ishopindian.com or www.indianblend.com whichever has them for cheaper at the time.

PinkAngel

:confused: Is this oil used as a rinse-out only or are some using it as a leave-in also? I noticed it contains mineral oil. TIA

Blaque*Angel

I love this oil ,Amla too. I have been using it for a long time about 6 years but always on and off.
all the indians in my class used to use it with Amla.
The only thing i do not like is Vatika is so hard to melt...

Thanks Sistaslick!

Has anyone tried the amla lite hair oil?
I may try this, since I've heard that amla oil has a "heavy" scent.

LaNecia

msshic said:
:confused: Is this oil used as a rinse-out only or are some using it as a leave-in also? I noticed it contains mineral oil. TIA

I've never used it as a rinse out, though I probably could have the other day, I used too much. The website (see Link) says you can rinse out after 30-40 minutes. My ingredients for the Vatika Oil read as follows:

Henna - colorant, hair conditioner & restorative
Amla - hair nourishment, delays graying & hair fall
Harad - protects from UV rays, delays graying
Bahera - maintains hair color
Neem - anti-microbial, fights dandruff & hair fall
Brahmi - hair vitalizer
Kapur Kachari - antiseptic
Lemon Oil - astringent, fights dandruff
Coconut Oil - promotes hair growth & nourishment
Cow's Milk - natural nourishment for scalp & roots

Now, I'm not sure what the word is for mineral oil in India but in English, it's not listed. There IS mineral oil in the Almondol Oil that I mentioned, so does Amla Oil Dabur Amla Oil

Wantlonghealthyhair: I just sit mine bottle in hot/warm water for a few minutes, that does the trick for softening it up. Or I'm going to use it in the morning, I also just sit the bottle in the shower with me and it's melted by the time I get out.

Sistaslick: I looked up the Anmol Oil....they DID have some of that at the store over the weekend! :wallbash: my mom picked some up, I didn't because I already have a large bottle of coconut oil...I'llg rab some when it's about empty! Thanks!!

Sistaslick

great!

yeah msshic-- like vixen said, the amla does contain mineral oil. I use it as a pre-poo and definitely shampoo it out b/c that smell it gives off is just:eek: I've said this a million times when people ask what it smells like but it smells like nursing room bed sheets that have been soiled with pee:lol: My husband won't even let me lay in the bed after I've used it in my hair. He hates it and he's Indian/Sri Lankan himself:lol: That stuff just stinks man.:ohwell:

The Vatika and anmol don't contain mineral oil. My bottle vatika bottle reads just like vixen's does.:yep:

LaNecia

I don't mind the smell (Amla) at all but my SO doesn't like it so I use it when he's out to sea, then when he's here, I use the Vatika Oil. But get this, he doesn't mind the smell of the MTG?!?! :perplexed

PinkAngel

Thanks VW & Sista,

I knew I saw mineral oil somewhere, I just got the oils mixed up. I'll order these when I replace my coconut oil.(My husband has been using it up, it has made his dermatitis/dandruff totally disappear)

P

patient1

Vixxen:

I'm in SC too. Could you share the location of your Indian store? I sent you a pm as well.

Let me just say publicly WOW!!!!! to the pics in your siggy!

P1

LaNecia

Hello Patient1! Thank you!! :kiss:

I just got your pm and responded but I'll also post the info here for the lurkers....you know who you are! I'll be watching from across the street with binoculars....:sekret:

The stores are in the India Plaza, location is Off Miramar Road and Black Mountain Road, if you go north on Black Mountain off Miramar Rd, it's the second driveway on the west side of the street. There are two stores, the KER Store India (or something like that, my receipt has faded) and the India Grocery. The KER Store has more of a selectoin and the prices are about $1.00 per item inc omparison to the other store.