Cynthiarf from youtube has a hair tool for sale ... sprAngs ....

BostonMaria

That's really interesting. I am 3C and my hair shrinks up from WL to SL when curly. I would love to elongate. I would have to see an example with my type of hair before I ordered.

Sent from my iPhone 10 using LHCF

faithVA

She has the right idea. My SO and I were brainstorming something along these lines. I was actually thinking about a stretching tool this morning.

I think they probably work and maybe easier to use than a curl former set. My hair isn't really long enough to stretch. Will need to reconsider when it gets a bit longer.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Ummm... this looks just like the kids Sidewinders. It's even packaged the same. I bought them as an alternative to beads not as a hair stretcher.

http://hairholders.com/hair-beads-alternative

Attachment is how I did them in my daughter's hair a couple of years ago. These are really two sets on one braid. They go together. But apart, they look like the Sprangz

They aren't weighted though. I guess I'll see how it works for folks before I judge though.

Attachments

• 47179_1303762168823_146144_n.jpg
    47179_1303762168823_146144_n.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

westNDNbeauty

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the purpose.

I don't see these items stretching my hair and I don't find the style appealing.

Lute

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the purpose.

I don't see these items stretching my hair and I don't find the style appealing.

I think they would be great replacement for scrunchies. If your doing the band method. I braid my hair when I air dry. I would love to try this out to see if I can give my hair the ultimate stretch :)

I kinda want to give it a shot.

empressri

This is interesting! They do seem to have some weight and grab bigger sections of hair compared to another method I saw.

reeko43

Would love to try on the hair at my crown. It shrinks more that the rest of my hair which makes wash and gos look a bit off. Will sit back and wait for reviews because $20 is a bit much for something that might not work for me.

SimJam

I wish you had the option of buying less than the 10 in a pack. So I could try out like 2 or 4. Like I did with curlformers before I got the whole set.

its an interesting idea, but Imma wait a bit.:yep:
need to see some regular ppl on youtube using them.

I think I would end up with all 10 of them hopelessly tangled in my hair :lachen:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I bought a set of each that same day or the next day she released the video. I have them already. They came right on time because I was just saying in that twist thread I'm afraid of heat. So I am going to a stylist for a consult on Wednesday and I will be introducing these to her. I'm going to suggest to her that we try them when she does my twists. Assuming she will become my stylist. Whoever becomes my stylist I will suggest we use these.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Oh yes, I tried one in my hair and took it out. I'm truly one of those folks where some of the simplest things are hard so if I could do it, anyone can :giggle:.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
How weighted do they feels and do you like it more than banding?
They don't feel weighted per se. Just feel like some springs, lol. I did banding once and I hated it. I really don't like stretching my hair. I'm only interested in these so my stylist can stretch my hair to do my twists rather than using a blow dryer.

@Shay72 how heavy are they?
As I said above, they don't feel "weighted" or "heavy". I do know the one I tried on my dry hair stayed in easily and it immediately stretched my hair.

I have 4a hair. Cynthia has 4B hair, thick, and lots of it. They clearly stretch her hair in the video.

SimJam

yep Cynthia has some serious shrinkage and tons of hair !!!! Im soooo intrigued by them ... im itching to hit paynah.

especially because i tried the african threading thing on friday night and had to wake up in the middle of the night to take them out because it was so uncomfortable to sleep in ... did stretch my hair though. But it took me about 2 hours to do :(

WantNatural

They look interesting, but I would be scared to try them in my hair. I see my curls and coils wrapping themselves around the springs and tangling something awful. So I would pass. She does have some hella thick hair, good gracious!

Fhrizzball

They look interesting, but I would be scared to try them in my hair. I see my curls and coils wrapping themselves around the springs and tangling something awful. So I would pass. She does have some hella thick hair, good gracious!

Have you tried spin pins? I figure if so many naturals can use those without harm then these would be good to go too. If she had sample packs I would try but good for her for trying something that works.

WantNatural

Have you tried spin pins? I figure if so many naturals can use those without harm then these would be good to go too. If she had sample packs I would try but good for her for trying something that works.

Nope, never tried them. Can't figure out how to make those work on my hair either. You're right though, they do seem similar. I think it's great that they work for her hair and will work for many others as well.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm sure some of the no nonsense youtubers will buy them and start doing reviews. That is what I love about youtube. We will get to see folks with all types of hair try these out.

southerncitygirl

i see how they work, but ain't no way i'd be seen in public with them:lol:, i don't knock her hustle though. maybe if there are more reviews i'll give a shot....iu have 3c/4a hair and from time to time i'd use themm for wash and goes or to stretch twists/braids for twist/braidouts. she gets a gang of shrinkage so its obvious they work.:yep: