A HAIR TOOL THAT TRIMS YOUR HAIR BUT PROMISES TO KEEP YOUR LENGTH.!!!.

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
Last edited:

lboogie2679

It really does work. I bought a knock off version and it worked. The one I bought only worked one time so I just placed an order for the real deal today. It really only trims the ends a tiny bit.

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
I think a few people on the forum use it.

Here is a thread about it. You can see what results they had. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/hair-care-tips-product-review-discussion/74208-split-ender.html

And here is a blog post, http://www.longhaircareforum.com/blogs/8236-pokahontas/15862-i-ordered-split-ender.html

I am too scared to try it on my hair just yet. I still do S&D. LOL

Thanks for sharing.

the first posts are from 2005 :ohwell: theres the "new and improved" one that looks alot better and ihavent read any negative results when its used right anywhere except @pokahontas :perplexed

thaanks for the links diadall :yep: im too scared to buy it too lmaoo but iwanted to see if anybody else had any luck with the newer slipender.

Last edited:

petiteNunique

I have to admit that I was very skeptical about trying it in the beginning but yes it DEFENITELy works!! It trimmed no more than 1/4 inch off my hair.

Krystle~Hime

Three words: Don't do it.

I tried that route and it caused more harm than good.

thank you !!
is blowdrying ok? because by this way I can try to blow dry on cool setting, I will be pleased to avoid heat by flat-ironing.
Have you give it a new try beside the lil disaster? Will you recommend it ?

Forever in Bloom

thank you !!
is blowdrying ok? because by this way I can try to blow dry on cool setting, I will be pleased to avoid heat by flat-ironing.
Have you give it a new try beside the lil disaster? Will you recommend it ?

Meh, I wouln't suggest blowdrying either (Gee, I'm just a big ball of sunshine aren't I? :rolleyes:) unless you got skills that can lay down even the tightest kink as straight as an arrow with the power of the almighty blow dryer.

I say take no chances. If you don't want to flat iron just to use this product, then don't. I tried using it on both: blow dried hair and straight up detangled kinky 4a hair - no blow dryer, no flat iron (what was I thinking?)

Ouch :sad:

MissHoney26

It's alright. It doesn't get all the splits that are further up the hair shaft though. I lightly blow dried and flat ironed my hair and let me tell you! It was a pain trying to get it through my hair and I am relaxed with thick hair. I learned that you have to part your hair in very small thin sections for it not to snag if you have thick hair. I guess I will have to search & destory & use the split ender as well. I hate S&D because it's addicting and it drives me crazy :spinning: LOL, but oh well it's not possible to get every single split on your head so I'm not stressing it anymore. I will just dust on a regular basis and keep doing the basics.

Krystle~Hime

Meh, I wouln't suggest blowdrying either (Gee, I'm just a big ball of sunshine aren't I? :rolleyes:) unless you got skills that can lay down even the tightest kink as straight as an arrow with the power of the almighty blow dryer.

I say take no chances. If you don't want to flat iron just to use this product, then don't. I tried using it on both: blow dried hair and straight up detangled kinky 4a hair - no blow dryer, no flat iron (what was I thinking?)

Ouch :sad:

:sad:
okay thank u , I had a hope. lol

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
the first posts are from 2005 :ohwell: theres the "new and improved" one that looks alot better and ihavent read any negative results when its used right anywhere except @pokahontas :perplexed

thaanks for the links diadall :yep: im too scared to buy it too lmaoo but iwanted to see if anybody else had any luck with the newer slipender.
Yea that thing sucked for me. I think people look in the trap and see little hairs and think oh it's working but those are good hairs! (which I'm not opposed to cutting), it's just that I can watch my splits go through the tool and not get touched....no good:nono:. I can do a more thorough job myself....might take longer but I do get the split hairs instead of cutting off good hair and thinking I really did something, lol.

jendazzler

I have this product and like it because I get so frustrated trimming my own ends. I think it is too pricey because the product is poorly made, but I can't be picky when there aren't any comparable products on the market.

I only use the product 2-3 times a year, so I don't mind taking the time to divide my hair into very small sections. By using the split ender on small sections, I didn't have any problems with snagged hair (my hair is relaxed btw). It is pretty noisy though :yawn:.

It is recommended that you use 3 passes on each strand because it doesn't get all the split ends the first time around. The first time I used the split ender, I did like 5-6 passes since it had been a long time since I had a trim. I was scared at first because it sounds like a mini-lawn mower but it really doesn't take off that much hair at all. In fact, I would prefer that it came with adjustable lengths so you could choose to trim 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch or 1 inch.:look:

The split ender also trims your ends even if you have layers or shorter hair in certain areas. That is why you start at the root of your hair and work your way down to the ends-so it can cut off all your ends. I did 3 passes on my entire strand of hair and the last 2 passes towards the ends of my hair. I really didn't think my shorter layer of hair needed to be trimmed. I wanted to focus on the longest part of my hair that constantly rubs my back and shoulders.

I would suggest dumping out the compartment (that collects all the clipped ends) half way through the process so it doesn't get too full. I was 3/4 of the way done before I had to empty it but know I just empty it half way through. (I don't want to break the slit ender or anything seeing as how it the tool is not very durable).

I like this product because it saves me money on trims and I can trust it way more than a stylist who is scissor-happy. The product is not great and definitely needs to be improved on, but to me, it's better than nothing. Also, my hair felt a little softer after the ends had been cut off. But maybe that was just a placebo effect. I still plan on having my hair trimmed by a stylist...once in a blue moon :lachen:.

Jenn22588

I really like the split-ender. I've used it about 3-4 times. Your hair definitely has to be straight. The first time I used it my hair started to frizz up and it was snagging. Since then, I flat-iron and use the split-ender right away. I'm natural and noticed that it doesn't get the SSKs so I end up doing a search and destroy afterwards but it does get alot of the splits. I've done S&Ds after getting my hair professionally trimmed and had the same amount of splits and SSKs after but lost much more length.

Chevelure618

I've had one for about 2 years. I use it about twice a year and it really does work. Mostly it dusts all the shorter hairs all over your head that never get trimmed because they are shorter than all the others. Consequently, when you run your hands over your hair it feels really smooth because there are no shorter ones sticking up.

Hair must be straight and not greasy and you must take very small sections.