Cute Little Gadget for Blunt Cuts or Layers done at home

krissyprissy

I attached a picture after using the crea clip to get rid of some thin ends back in August this year.

Attachments

• Back view 2 05-19-2010.jpg
    Back view 2 05-19-2010.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 170

LoveLongLocks

I like the idea of this b/c you can control how much or how little you want to take off. You do not have to worry about losing more due to it being uneven.
I have been doing Faye's Method, but I like the slight "u"

*searching to buy*

Newbie2Beauty

I have this and love it. I do have my hubby cut for me cuz of course I can't see back there to do it. It is very easy to use because you just cut along the edge of it. My signature pic in the middle was done with a Creaclip. I last used it in July and plan to use it to dust my ends when I retouch in December. Works great! :grin:

blackberry815

I have this and love it. I do have my hubby cut for me cuz of course I can't see back there to do it. It is very easy to use because you just cut along the edge of it. My signature pic in the middle was done with a Creaclip. I last used it in July and plan to use it to dust my ends when I retouch in December. Works great! :grin:

Do they sell the creaclip in stores yet?

Sent from my ADR6400L

Coco*Colada

I have this. I brought it after seeing a post about it on here. I couldnt do it myself so I had Dh do it. I was scared to death but it turned out perfect. Ive been using it ever since. I use the smaller one to trim my bangs too

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF

Solitude

Oh wow. I am sooooooooooo late - had no idea I was mentioned in this thread. It's easy, though. You just divide your hair in the middle and comb it down straight, making sure no hairs are bunched up and use the larger clip to cut across.

You should go slow and cut a little at a time, so as not to cut too much. It still makes me nervous to cut my own hair. I went to SuperCuts for my last trim.

blackberry815

Do the teeth on it snag the hair... I see that u kinda have to slide it down through the hair to make sure its level...any damage there? Does it glide through easily?

Sent from my ADR6400L

davisbr88

I just used it the other day and I didn't experience any snagging. But I have super thin hair so I can imagine it would if you put tooo much hair into it. I used it layer by layer.

Coco*Colada

I dont have a problem with it snagging. The small teeth slide easily through my hair-almost too easily
Do the teeth on it snag the hair... I see that u kinda have to slide it down through the hair to make sure its level...any damage there? Does it glide through easily?

Sent from my ADR6400L

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF

prospurr4

I bought the Creaclip over 2 years ago but never used it. :rolleyes: However, I really NEED a trim, so I think I will try it this weekend.

Egyptjones

This was too much to watch. All that cutting has given the the shakes. I kept shouting at the screen, "NO....not another pass!!!!!" *faints*

Great gadget, tho!

Charlie555

I used the creaclip last Friday. I have been meaning to post my pictures & results. I love it! I used clippers to even out my hem line. Once I reach Bsl/mbl (currently a smidge past apl) I will try cutting layers. I am looking forward to using the creaclip on my wigs too.

davisbr88

^^ I totally did... lol. But I don't mind it because I did the bottom layer right, and that's all I care about right now. Lol

blackberry815

I just want it for the face framing layers... I would use the splitender for everything else until the back gets really uneven..off to check oit ebay... How much was the shipping on ebay?

Sent from my ADR6400L

keepithealthy

This looks really cool. Maybe when my hair is longer and I'm ready to switch it up I will use it. Thanks for sharing.

NikStarrr

I am getting this! I could definitely have DH give me more precise trims than I give myself.

Also, if a person wanted layers but not as layered as the video shows, you could use the clip to cut the hair blunt, and then part your hair in half (top/bottom) and then just brush the top half forward and use the clip to layer that part. When I use to have layered hair, I only got the top half of my hair layered so that I still had a nice blunt bottom in the back.

davisbr88

^^ Totally wish I had done that... lol. I fail.
But I actually needed to go layer by layer anyway because my ends were so crappy. But I def cut off more than I wanted to (with the exception of the bottom layer, since I could bring that hair to the front)

FoxxyLocs

I want one of these. I've worn my hair layered in the front since high school, but I haven't had my hair straightened in so long I'm sure its going to need to be evened up. I would love to be able to do it myself so I don't fall victim to a SHS. It looks super easy in the videos.

Sent from my HTC Evo