Cute Little Gadget for Blunt Cuts or Layers done at home

sheba1

It's called a Creaclip and I think it's pretty neat. Check it out...

Now hubby doesn't even need to have a good eye for cutting straight. All he has to do is make certain the bubble is in the middle :yep:

YouTube - How to cut ONE LENGTH tutorial- Straight or Texturized with scissors or a trimmer!

[video=youtube;a0LJ-eSUUSc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0LJ-eSUUSc[/video]

How to cut LAYERS on CHILDRENS hair tutorial! Layered hairstyle

[video=youtube;F3rwUROqd6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3rwUROqd6Q&NR=1[/video]

YouTube - How to layer cut hair tutorial-Cutting Layers on yourself at home

[video=youtube;risQ8xrslbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=risQ8xrslbM&feature=channel[/video]

I love how with this third vid she can do it herself. And you can see could take it all the way down still have long layers. Or even section the hair out from the middle so she could have face framing layers but that's it.

Last edited:

Whimsy

That's cool. I think I'd be too scared to do it by myself. I got layers cut in yesterday and it took my stylist a lot of very precise cutting. I'd fear screwing my hair up with that gadget.

For my child, I think I could use it for blunt cuts on her.

WyrdWay

I remember seeing that here before. If I ever make it to waist length I might get it for my husband to use....

hannan

I NEED that in my ilfe. I'd wait until my layers grow out a bit but now I have reason #498394753 to not ever go to a salon.

Was I the only one freaked out when that first lady's hair was getting cut over and over and OVER!? I could feel my hair wincing. :laugh:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I was a bit surprised at how the second woman was cutting with such gusto. Its a cool little gadget :yep:

Spring

I was thinking about getting this a month ago, but I've been putting it off. I like the videos, but I wish I could find a video showing a person cutting their hair one length by themselves. But anyways, I definitely plan on ordering the CreaClip :)

NikkiGirl

Oh, I want this. The last trim I had the DH did it, he did a great job, but at first he was really hesitant to cut my hair. This will make it so easy. Especially since I am going for a blunt cut.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
That seems like a nifty little tool for trims. I like that it has the level so that the cut will be even. I wonder what you would have to do to get a U shape instead of a deep V.

Vonnieluvs08

That lots cool! Something I could use if I know someone who would be willing to cut my hair. First i need to grow my layers out.

MadisonK

Wow! Thanks for posting about this. I will be buying this when my hair grows out. It feels great to know i don't have to trust a stylist to trim/cut my hair.

I looked at the curly hair video and she didn't brush the hair out... it looked like she just haphazardly put the clip on her hair and cut. hmmm.

Last edited:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
That seems like a nifty little tool for trims. I like that it has the level so that the cut will be even. I wonder what you would have to do to get a U shape instead of a deep V.

Good question, I am not a fan of such a deep V. I thought about it and I think:

If the creaclip is behind you on your back the clip should be placed so it looks like a frown.

If te creaclip is facing you then the clip might be placed placed so it looks like a smile.

Dont just take my word for it I am just guessing here. Maybe someone can contact the creaclip folks and get and answer.

Spring

I think pulling the hair in front gives you the V, cutting the hair behind your back gives you the U (smilie up not frownie :lol: I like the smilie/frownie description)

krissyprissy

I have this and I have been using it regularly all year. I do my own trims and my hair is blunt cut with hair that frames the face in the front.

sheba1

I have this and I have been using it regularly all year. I do my own trims and my hair is blunt cut with hair that frames the face in the front.

I've been wondering how one might keep the blunt cut with layers that frame the face. Can you please expand on how you did this?

Lucia

This is what I've been using for 2 yrs now, good stuff ;)

How do you like it, and can you cut it yourself or do you need someone to cut for you?
TIA
BTW your hair looks great.

Oh can someone explain why cutting with scissors makes thicker ends vs. the shaver? TIA

Last edited:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I think pulling the hair in front gives you the V, cutting the hair behind your back gives you the U (smilie up not frownie :lol: I like the smilie/frownie description)

Yeah now that I looked back at the and I read the post of the poster that uses it you are probably correct.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Looks like a neat gadget as I would like to become a self-trimmer or better yet, have my dh become my trimmer but that's one area is unwilling to go...he said "you're not gonna blame me for messing your hair up" :lachen: seeing as how I always have issues when I get my hair trimmed.

Solitude

I have one and it works great. I purchased it after seeing HairDrama's success with it. You can cut your hair blunt yourself by pulling your hair to the front.

Lucia

I have one and it works great. I purchased it after seeing HairDrama's success with it. You can cut your hair blunt yourself by pulling your hair to the front.

Can you break it down for us step by step for the visual learners please
Cause I saw them bring the hair front for layers TIA

Last edited:

Spring

Can you break it down for us step by step for the visual learners please
Cause I saw them bring the hair front for layers TIA

Yeah, I got the same impression. If you want a more blunt cut, you have to cut your hair behind you. Bringing it all to the front would create layers..

ETA: If you part your hair down the middle and bring it around to the front carefully (not bringing all your hair together, but keeping it fanned out or spread out while cutting), you could cut a blunt hemline if you're really careful.

Solitude could you help us to understand how to cut a blunt cut by pulling your hair forward with the CreaClip. TIA

Last edited: