Cut off all my hair and now I regret it...

I felt awful when I had to cut my thin ends off. I felt naked and exposed. it just messed me up to lose my baa. Of all the crazy things I felt naked because people could see my neck, and I couldn't hide my face with my hair :perplexed

After I joined the twa thread and learned how to work my TWA, I really enjoyed it. It became a source of freedom instead of shame. Do take a peek into the twa thread, they brought me life at a tough time.

Hang in there OP, when I have cut my hair short, I rocked it head to toe and werked the fashionista to the hilt! I enjoyed myself so much trying different colors, accessories and clothing that time flew by and it was growing back already.

People really are looking at the total you and not just your hair, so rock it and have fun exploring!

((BIG HUG))

When I first started shaving my head, I felt inadequate. But each time, I would make sure my skin was on point and I would dress feminine. After a while, I owned the short look. I owned it so much that it became my signature and I rocked it for about 17 years.

Since there's nothing you can do now (besides rocking wigs and weaves) to get your hair back, maybe you can try to start owning your new look! If you don't know much about makeup, start practicing natural looks to enhance your features. Find some pretty earrings to rock. Flash your pretty smile more often. Maybe those things will help you to eventually feel better on the inside.

Sammy214 I've been there and hair grows back. Don't worry. I also cried for days if it's any consolation. That is a very drastic change to make. Are you upset about something happening in your life or maybe wishing to move forward in some way from something? If so, make sure you heal from/deal with that first. My advice is to make sure you're looking good on the inside and the rest will follow suit. God bless.

CocoElizabeth This. Exactly what you said... Lots of changes taking place right now. I figured I would feel better with a new look... lesson learned: don't see a hair dresser when your emotionally charged

@havilland, can I get a PM too?

@havilland the wig is da bomb! Can I get a PM too?

I'm sure it looks great and in about a week hopefully you'll love it too. @havilland is that half wig called Tammy?

oops! sorry ladies! i was trying not to hijack the thread:lachen:

Tammy by Outre. I usually get color 1b or 2.

i order from hairwigharlem.com or blackhairspray.com

it's easy to put on. just part about an inch of hair from ear to ear in the front across your hairline. i plait the back of my hair in two plaits and pin then up with a small bobby pin or two. tie on a black silk bandana. attach the wig. put a dab of oil around my hairline to protect it. (use an applicator bottle so it doesn't get on the wig). and out the door i go.

i usually will twist the front of my hair to make it match the wig and wear a headband.

There's always extensions...
So if anyone can understand what I am feeling right now, i know you ladies can.

Not long ago, i posted about being sick of my hair.. I got tired of trying to keep it healthy, thicken it up, grow out layers, style it, the whole nine. I sat on the decision to cut it for a while, but i was scared so i put if off... that is until last Friday.

I took the plunge, sat in the chair and watched my hair fall to the floor. at first, i was ok, and then Saturday morning it began to hit me, by Sunday morning, I was in full breakdown/withdrawal mode:ohwell: My sides and back are boy short and the top and crown is about 5 inches long... I have no desire to even style my hair, becaue I am so unhappy with it.

When I was younger I would cut it without thought and grow it right back, i guess i thought it would be like that this time... but I now realize that my short hair stints back in the day had more or less to do with my age and being a little more outgoing and daring... I just turned 40... doesn't mean i've turned into a prude or anything, but definitely my style is more refined and age appropriate. I just don't think short hair is my anymore.

So now I'm faced with the taks of a true hair journey... when i started here, I was just touching the top of my shoulders...now i have a much longer way to go to get back to where I was.

Someone please throw some tips this way as to how to transition out of this? I have no clue anymore how to care for this mess i've made of my hair.

I've been there. I've had hair bra strap length and beyond for most of my adult life until I BC last April. I was mentally prepared for short hair. My 4b kinks were appx. 2"-3" stretched. My dissapointment came w/ hair texture. I thought I had a looser curl pattern to rock styles I saw by some youtube hair gurus. Instead of envying someone else tresses I learned to embrace mines. I started watching vids of youtubers that had similar hair texture for styles. Now that I can style my hair it doesn't affect me.

Finally, 'Patience' is key in hair growth. After I made 1 yr post relaxer, I started focusing on retaining length. But my focus is just that, a "focus" not an obsession. I've been doing length checks once every 3 mos. to avoid any desperate feelings of my hair not growing fast enough. I don't set lofty hair growth goals to avoid dissapointment if my kinks don't grow/retain the set length.

In sum if you use products that compliments your hair and practice non-damaging hair technique your hair will retain/grow. All you need is patience to see it through.

Back in 2009 I took off 7-8 inches for a bob cut. I intended to wear the bob with flat ironed hair. It was cute and flattering for my face but I remember looking at my hair on the floor after the cut. My stylist said, "Don't worry about that now, it's gone." :lol: It really was a nice cut. But I really did miss my hair. Growing out a layered bob is going on to this day. Flat ironed, it blends, but natural I have a long curly bob. Surprising, it's still cute but I regret that cut. I feel your pain, op. I have no intention of cutting my hair to my jaw line in the future.

Back