Curly look on relaxed hair

yellagirl730

What are some suggestions to achieve a natural curly look on relaxed hair. I tried a braidout but didn't care for it to much. Bought some Curling Creme by One & Only but I really think its for natural hair. TIA

NikkiQ

Do you want the smaller,tighter curls? Maybe try a good ol' set of straw curls. I used to do that and very small bantu knots when I was relaxed.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Bantu knots give a pretty full curly look....as nikkiq said what kind of curls are you looking for?

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i used to co-wash, apply a little leave in conditioner and a dab of oil and then scrunch my hair with a light gel on my hands for about 2-3 minutes. then let it dry without touching it again.

that used to give me a nice curly look when my hair was bone-laxed....i had to experiment alot to find prods that didn't leave my hair crunchy. but that always worked for me.

back then --- i used humectress by nexxuss to co wash. i would use a dab of the humectress as leave in. a tiny bit of kemi oil...yeah, kemi oil. and i used isoplus gel.

yellagirl730

i used to co-wash, apply a little leave in conditioner and a dab of oil and then scrunch my hair with a light gel on my hands for about 2-3 minutes. then let it dry without touching it again.

that used to give me a nice curly look when my hair was bone-laxed....i had to experiment alot to find prods that didn't leave my hair crunchy. but that always worked for me.

back then --- i used humectress by nexxuss to co wash. i would use a dab of the humectress as leave in. a tiny bit of kemi oil...yeah, kemi oil. and i used isoplus gel.

This is pretty much what I have been doing, without the gel.

ATLcutey20

hmmm... the only way I can get a natural curly look to my relaxed hair is to do a co-wash & go. It works for me because I'm texlaxed. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 505.jpg
    505.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 511.jpg
    511.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 116

yellagirl730

Try small twists and put tiny perm rods on the very ends- perfection

Now you are talking about just twisting the hair and then rolling? I immediately thought of twists like the ones done on natural hair since I use to wear those. Sounds like it might work. Thanks

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Here's my bantu knot out...it was a little too much for me though. That was 10 bantu knots on air dried hair. If you did more or did it on damp hair it would be even more

bantu KO.jpg

dynamic1

Try flat twist outs with rods at the ends. Or, experiment with different rod sizes and do a rod set. I did these styles during my transition.

mikimix

Bantu knot outs - do this on dry hair (or almost dry, if you do it on wet hair it will take like 2 days to dry)

flexi rod set - do it on very wet hair

niqu92

for a big curly look i do braidouts
what i do is i make 6plaits and use small rollers for the ends.it gives my hair a very big curly natural look and it looks even better the 2nd day

kupenda

I used curlformers for the first time last night. I love it! And my SO is drooling :). I suppose I can just pin curl them back tonite. I think I've found my new favorite style. Bantu knot outs were great until I saw how much breakage I got from them. I think I'll have to perfect my techniques first

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

bellesocialite

Last year I wore curly wash n gos all summer.I would cowash, t-shirt dry, apply my leave ins, spray John Frieda Dream Curls then scrunch. As my hair would dry, it curled up and would get BIG.

nyreeroberts1

The braid and roller at the end is the best way to achieve a curly hair style. I do 4 now, but I used to do 8.

Comes out kind of like this....HTH

sunnieb

I did a bantu knot out with 12 knots on damp hair and got a very curly look:

Like @Nix08 said, it was a bit much. Although I liked it and got plenty of compliments, I've only done this style once. :lol: I'll probably do it again for a special occasion, but for everyday I'll stick to buns and ponytails. :yep:

hothair

Bantu knot outs are great. make them smaller for a more corkscrew effect or bigger (I do 6) for bigger curls. Two will give you nice waves.

winterinatl

All natural!

The braid and roller at the end is the best way to achieve a curly hair style. I do 4 now, but I used to do 8.

Comes out kind of like this....HTH

I agree, this is what I do too. The roller at the end is what really makes the difference. I don't even blow dry or flat iron first. I just rake water and a leave in through my hair, enough to wet it but not soaking, so it will dry overnight. Put it in braids and roll ends, cross wrap braids under a scarf and hit the sack. In the morning I separate the curls carefully w oil on my fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF