Miss Jessie' Stretch Silkening Creme & Curly ButterCreme

CurlyMoo

Has anyone tried these products and if so how did you like it?

Miss Jessie' Stretch Silkening Creme
Stretch Silkening Crème is a whipped soufflé that delivers amazing plump to curls with a natural shine. The lightest of the curl crème bunch, this cream helps to stretch and elongate the curl; while it moisturizes and conditions at the same time.

Miss Jessie's Curly ButterCreme
This is where it all started; the super softening souffle, that instantly softens, smoothes and moisturizes dry, tight curls. Miss Jessie's Curly ButterCreme is an excellent hair dressing moisturizer, when used as a detangler for comb-outs, as hydrator for afros and pony puffs; and as a soother for taming hairline and dry scalp. It is an all around wonderful hair creme.

aminata

As for the stretch creme--I can't recommend it for the following reasons:
1. Does not live up to product hype! The creme did not perform as advertised. It provides no more stretch than any other product.
2. Too expensive-the ingredients are nothing special.

However, I am still tempted to try their new shampoo/conditioner.

As for the curly buttercream--I tried the baby buttercream (first formulation)--I like it. I think it works well--but again way over priced. I haven't tried the current formulation.

firecracker

I use their products but not so much now that I'm bald as an eagle. I love the buttercremes for moisture on natural and texturized hair. My hair loves the curly meringue and baby buttercreme. It sounds like that stretch silkner isn't too far from the meringue. I don't feel the product is overpriced because if I bought the cheaper stuff it would come out to more money in the long run. For the past two years I have bought my Jessie products in December when they have the bogo sale. Which means four jars last me for a year and it only cost 135$. I do like and use IC gel, snap back and s curl products for a different curl effect or style. I prefer miss Jessie because their stuff isnt heavy and oily.

aminata

I am a big fan of the curly meringue--I stock up on the bogo sales during the holiday season. The stretch creme is very different from the CM--it just doesn't work for my hair.

I'll admit, I'm also a sucker for Miss Jessie's products. I just bought the shampoo/conditioner......I'll post a review when I try it.

Last edited:

so1913

I like the stretch creme out of all of the styling creams, but like someone said, it did not provide much "stretching" but does provide nice definition. It dries softer and is more moisturizing than the other puddings and is by far the best scented.

The buttercreme I've always liked, even with all the "no-no" ingredients, it does the job!

CurlyMoo

LOL, you guys dug this thread up and I had forgotten about it. Thank you. I would love to try the Silkening although it doesn't do much stretching but leaves it moisturized.

Sunshine0801

Not impressed with the buttercreme. It moisturizes my hair temporarily, but in the long run it dries it out. On top of that, the smell is too strong.

Forever in Bloom

Not impressed with the buttercreme. It moisturizes my hair temporarily, but in the long run it dries it out. On top of that, the smell is too strong.

I really wanted to love this stuff - smells great to me - but yeah, it did dry my hair out like 2 hours after I applied it :nono:

It worked better on my hair when it was a teeny weeny afro; as it got longer my hair wanted to try something new.

Sunshine0801

I really wanted to love this stuff - smells great to me - but yeah, it did dry my hair out like 2 hours after I applied it :nono:

It worked better on my hair when it was a teeny weeny afro; as it got longer my hair wanted to try something new.

Off Topic: I LOVE the comic strip in your siggy! :lachen:Hilarious! :lachen:

Lucky's Mom

The Second ingredient in the Stretch Creme is - Parfinnium Liquidium......

MINERAL OIL....

Um... So I would not think it would work so well.
Awfully pricey for vaseline.

empressri

The buttercremes have always worked well for me. It did leave my hair moist, almost damp feeling! A bit stiff when it dried but it softened up.

I do want to try the silkening creme and the rapid recovery for that matter. I'm going to stop by the shop that sells it near me wednesday to see if they have the sample sizes.

BrooklynSouth

My transistion is getting on my nerves this week..hair all in the comb..think I'll try the travel pack...hey..it's get one free so I'll give it a try.

"ADDENDUM" FORGET IT Y'ALL WHO WANT TO TRY THE TRAVEL/VALUE PACK AND HAVE TWO SETS...THE OFFER DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT. YOU ARE LIMITED TO ONE SINGLE FREEBIE ITEM.

Last edited:

glamazon386

bumping for more reviews on the stretch creme and the poo and condish...........

I tried the shampoo and the conditioner. I liked the shampoo. It wasn't stripping but it doesn't really lather. But the conditioner was nothing to write home about. Even though I liked that shampoo I'm not buying it again. It wasn't great enough that it warranted me spending $20. I like the Elasta QP Shampoo better and it's only a few bucks.

I happen to love the baby buttercreme...especially for twists. Hair stays moisturized for days.

I haven't tried the silkening stretch creme, but it's on the list. I know the ingredient list is a little crazy, but I honestly like Miss Jessie's products. If something works, it just works, plain and simple. You just have to choose for yourself which direction you want to go in re: ingredients. Usually, I automatically step away when I see mineral oil, but MJ's is the exception, b/c the products style my hair wonderfully.

On the flip side, using the products means I will have to include a shampoo in the regimen. I cannot just co-wash or rinse and go.

Kurlee

I tried the shampoo and the conditioner. I liked the shampoo. It wasn't stripping but it doesn't really lather. But the conditioner was nothing to write home about. Even though I liked that shampoo I'm not buying it again. It wasn't great enough that it warranted me spending $20. I like the Elasta QP Shampoo better and it's only a few bucks.
thanks for the review! I wanted to try them for the BOGO sale, but everywhere I want to buy from doesn't let you choose the freebies, they just give you a duplicate of what you ordered and miss jessie's charges 70$ (absolutely gouging!!!) to ship to Canada:nono::nono::nono:

glamazon386

thanks for the review! I wanted to try them for the BOGO sale, but everywhere I want to buy from doesn't let you choose the freebies, they just give you a duplicate of what you ordered and miss jessie's charges 70$ (absolutely gouging!!!) to ship to Canada:nono::nono::nono:

$70 to ship to Canada? Wow. Have you tried going through Curlmart at naturallycurly.com? They are honoring the BOGO as well.

Kurlee

$70 to ship to Canada? Wow. Have you tried going through Curlmart at naturallycurly.com? They are honoring the BOGO as well.
yea thats where i normally get it from but this year they are:

1) not letting you choose what the freebie is

and

2) only ship via UPS and no longer use USPS. This sucks for me because UPS charges like a 40 dollar fee for handling the paper work for the goods to come to Canada :nono:, which i know is a bunch of bs, but u have to pay it on delivery regardless. And for something that cost like 60 bucks, to pay shipping and then 40 bucks on top of it, is just not worth it. Such a rip off. :mad:

so1913

I actually like the Creme De La Curl Shampoo and Creme De La Creme Conditioners. Rapid Recovery has been a favorite for a while, and of course the Buttercremes especially this time of year. Now that they have the Stretch Silkening Creme, there is a styling creme in the line that I actually like. So I'll be taking advantage of the BOGO sale once again this year and stocking up...made purchase #1, and will probably make another next paycheck.